starting strength gym
Page 2141 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11411641204120912131213921402141214221432151219122412641 ... LastLast
Results 21,401 to 21,410 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    The left just illegally leaked a draft Supreme Court opinion on Roe v wade. Regardless of abortion issues, isnt this the nuclear preemptive strike (or Hail Mary) for the 2022 election cycle?

Is the right going to fuck this up (e.g. appeal to the “my pillow” types) or will they drive a stake in leftist corruption?

How come none of the wise profits here or elsewhere saw this obvious play coming?
    I don't think any of us knew there was a draft to leak.

The left just illegally leaked a draft Supreme Court opinion on Roe v wade. Regardless of abortion issues, isnt this the nuclear preemptive strike (or Hail Mary) for the 2022 election cycle?

Is the right going to fuck this up (e.g. appeal to the “my pillow” types) or will they drive a stake in leftist corruption?

How come none of the wise profits here or elsewhere saw this obvious play coming?
    Gotta say, I missed this one. They're getting more desperate than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    They're not doing this to "appease and pacify" conservatives. They're deliberately stoking up anger and hatred toward the other side based on a historically controversial issue. They're undermining the supreme court's process. And they are doing it right before midterms, because they realize they are about to get their asses kicked.

This is the same reason that they released 100 million barrels from the strategic oil reserve - to keep gas prices temporarily from going up for 3 months, to help in the midterms as well.

This is the same that they are talking about forgiving student loans - right before midterms - to look good and persuade younger voters that they are our friend.

There's probably more I'm not thinking of. I'm not buying any of it.
    Yep.

CDC Used Phone Location Data to Monitor Churches and Schools to Determine Whether Americans Followed Covid Lockdown Orders

Exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It takes some time from when the mandate is dropped to when people actually stop wearing masks. How long depends on how hard people fell for the scam, and Italians fell for it hard, but I don’t expect masks to stick around for more than a month. Maybe two.
    I disagree. The perpetuation of anxiety for mask believers is driven by the media. It is totally dependent on how the media will be adjusting the dial. True believers will not set themselves free unless an incident occurs to make them see otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't think any of us knew there was a draft to leak.
    This certainly was a curve ball.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    They're not doing this to "appease and pacify" conservatives. They're deliberately stoking up anger and hatred toward the other side based on a historically controversial issue. They're undermining the supreme court's process. And they are doing it right before midterms, because they realize they are about to get their asses kicked.
    Yeah, I've come to your viewpoint since last night. I think they want the next round of riots this summer. It's just more chaos injection while we're looted.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Yeah, I've come to your viewpoint since last night. I think they want the next round of riots this summer. It's just more chaos injection while we're looted.
    But this will not get Democrats elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But this will not get Democrats elected.
    It did in 2020. Or at least that's the official story.

In 2020, gas was $1.79, and the shelves were full.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I disagree. The perpetuation of anxiety for mask believers is driven by the media. It is totally dependent on how the media will be adjusting the dial. True believers will not set themselves free unless an incident occurs to make them see otherwise.
    It is a numbers game. For instance, where I live, most people simply never fell for it, so an outdoor mask mandate was never implemented. The indoor mandate was dropped a month ago. In the first week you could see some believers still sticking to their masks, but since they were in such a clear minority, they were ashamed and dropped them in the second week. The media is still trying to drum up masks, but they can’t fight critical mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The media is still trying to drum up masks, but they can’t fight critical mass.
    Their job, quite simply, is to create critical mass. That's the whole thing in one sentence.

starting strength coach development program
    All the mandates were dropped about six weeks ago here and I would say that about 25-30% of folks are still masking up here. It is mostly the older, frailer folks (for whom it actually does make sense to wear N95s for personal protection) but also a whole lot of perfectly healthy university aged kids which does not make very much sense.

I am still ordered to mask up at work because it makes perfect sense for healthy, fit military personnel to be utterly terrified of COVID. It does not bother me that much because I will be out of there by August.

I think that it is important to understand that we have been living in a completely different media universe in Canada. Every single major media outlet was on message through this whole thing. The only reason I found out any differently was through reading forum posts on a weightlifting educational resource site of all things.