starting strength gym
Page 2152 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 11521652205221022142215021512152215321542162220222522652 ... LastLast
Results 21,511 to 21,520 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Regarding vaping and smoking here in Michigan, there have been multi billion dollar "settlements" with tobacco companies paid directly to the state, not the victims....
    I have seen this happen in other states too.
    The man crowned as the manager of the settlements fund is given the unofficial title of Duke.
    People grovel at his feet, pay tribute to him and afford him large amounts of power.

Early on in the pandemic, there was apparently an inverse correlation between severe Covid and smoking; smoking seemed to have an antiviral or protective effect.
    I have not kept up on this issue.

We're doing it to ourselves.

Michigan Farm News

U.S. fertilizer manufacturer CF Industries (CFI) is advising customers it serves, via Union Pacific rail lines, that railroad-mandated shipping reductions will result in nitrogen fertilizer shipment delays during spring planting season.

Union Pacific informed CFI, without advance notice, that it was mandating approximately 30 shippers, including CFI, to reduce the volume of private cars on its railroad effective immediately. CFI was told to reduce its shipments by nearly 20%.

Non-compliance, according to CFI, will result in the embargo of its facilities by Union Pacific. That means CFI will be unable to accept new rail sales involving Union Pacific customers for the foreseeable future.

CFI ships to customers via Union Pacific rail lines primarily from its Donaldsonville Complex in Louisiana and its Port Neal Complex in Iowa to serve key agricultural areas such as Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas and California.

Products that will be affected include nitrogen fertilizers such as urea and urea ammonium nitrate (UAN) as well as diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), an emissions control product required for diesel trucks.

CFI is the largest producer of urea, UAN and DEF in North America, and its Donaldsonville Complex is the largest single production facility for the products in North America.
    CP rail is doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    If I understood Atlas’s book correctly, Trump had Pence lead the Covid task force. It was Pence who deferred to Birx and Fauci. Gentlemanly and chummy-like.
    That's the way I understood from the book.
    The book also raises the important question of why this situation was allowed to persist; namely, of having the White House CoVid Task Force regularly do the very opposite of what the President was advocating and communicating in public. Neither Trump, nor his communication team, nor any closely associated with him seems to have ever raised the issue, or tried to rectify it (again, as per book).
    As far as I remember, Atlas's book offers no convincing answer.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    We're doing it to ourselves.

Michigan Farm News

CP rail is doing the same thing.
    I posted this 3 weeks ago. Does anybody have an update? All I can find besides the original story is this: Fertilizer producer says UP shipment restrictions could threaten crops - Trains

CF Industries informed its customers located on UP that railroad-mandated shipping reductions would result in nitrogen fertilizer shipment delays during the spring application season. The company also informed customers that it would be unable to accept new rail sales involving UP for the foreseeable future.

UP on April 8 told CF Industries that it would have to reduce its shipments by nearly 20% as part of the railroad’s plan to reduce congestion in the midst of crew and locomotive shortages.

CF Industries said it will ask the Surface Transportation Board to intervene so that fertilizer shipments are prioritized.
    So, what the fuck is really going on here? Because a lot of people are going to be very surprised next year about $15 bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Early on in the pandemic, there was apparently an inverse correlation between severe Covid and smoking; smoking seemed to have an antiviral or protective effect.
    I have not kept up on this issue.
    There was a good Chinese study detailing what you said. It could have been bullshit, the Chinese like to promote their tobacco industry. The findings were never refuted though, you only got multiple statements by experts saying smokers are fucked if they get Covid. I understand that personal experience is not terribly pertinent, but I don’t know of a single smoker who caught a bad case of Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Pot doesn't make you unhealthy. But I bet a lot of pot smokers also have habits that do make then unhealthy, like not working out, eating fast food, not sleeping well or sleeping too much. You know, usual unhealthy stuff. Cannabis is not for everyone, some people can do it on a regular basis and still be highly functional, others just get lost in it, which I think is probably the majority of the users, like any other drug. These individuals were probably not functional and unhealthy to begin with
    I totally agree with you. However, just like any new cool drug that enters the market if you're not responsible with it, there can be ramifications. Even with CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I totally agree with you. However, just like any new cool drug that enters the market if you're not responsible with it, there can be ramifications. Even with CBD.
    Duh.

__________________________________________________ _________________

But let's not forget about Dr. Television: Substack Investigation: Fauci's Royalties And The $350 Million Royalty Payment Stream HIDDEN By NIH - News - News | Open The Books

However, what NIH has produced to date gives us insight into the undisclosed royalty largess. For example, only 900 scientists were estimated to be receiving royalties, so now we know the universe is much larger.

Since the NIH documents are heavily redacted, we can only see how many payments each scientist received, and, separately, the aggregate dollars per NIH agency. This is a gatekeeping at odds with the spirit and perhaps the letter of open-records laws.

We found agency leadership and top scientists at NIH receiving royalty payments. Well-known scientists receiving payments during the period included:

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the highest-paid federal bureaucrat, received 23 royalty payments. (Fauci’s 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $456,028).

Francis Collins, NIH director from 2009-2021, received 14 payments. (Collins’ 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $203,500)

Clifford Lane, Fauci’s deputy at NIAID, received 8 payments. (Lane’s 2021 taxpayer-funded salary: $325,287)

In the above examples, although we know the number of payments to each scientist, we still don’t know how much money was paid – because the dollar figure was deleted (redacted) from the disclosures.

It’s been a struggle to get any useful information out of the agency on its royalty payments. NIH is acting like royalty payments are a state secret. (They’re not, or shouldn’t be!)
    This malignant little sack of shit is incompetent, evil, greedy, and shameless, all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And no matter what I think about Christian children's book publishing, this is bullshit: Facebook Blocks Christian Children’s Book Publisher From Advertising – PJ Media

Stop using Facebook. Facebook is not the internet.
    Looks Like Facebook Is Fact-Checking Pro-Life Memes Now – PJ Media

Really. Stop using Facebook.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I posted this 3 weeks ago. Does anybody have an update? All I can find besides the original story is this: Fertilizer producer says UP shipment restrictions could threaten crops - Trains

So, what the fuck is really going on here? Because a lot of people are going to be very surprised next year about $15 bread.
    Just paid $22 for a 4 pound roasting chicken yesterday.