starting strength gym
Page 2157 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 11571657205721072147215521562157215821592167220722572657 ... LastLast
Results 21,561 to 21,570 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    One concern with smoking is you put your hand to your mouth more often than a non-smoker and I can't see smokers using hand sanitizer every time they take a drag.
    Yeah, that’s definitely the big problem with smoking. James Dean had a solution, but he died too young.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    There's a few medications that are delivered via nebuliser, but smoking medicine once or twice is vastly different to smoking a pack a day for years on end.
    It is possible that in earlier times frequently smoking tobacco may have provided prophylactic protection against certain pathogens.

Over the long term, the negative health consequences of frequent smoking are very clear and outweigh any potential prophylactic effects for most of the global population.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    ---------
    Goldman Sachs Funded Firm Buys Entire Florida Community for $45 Million
    Housing and land speculation in a financially healthy nation must be restricted to individuals and families; Banks, hedge funds, publicly traded companies, multinational organizations, foreign governments and real estate conglomerates will quickly destroy the financial health and enslave the people of any nation where they are allowed to speculate on land prices.

Only a nation committed to self-destruction will allow international financial interests to become the nation's landlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Nelson View Post
    U.S shelves will be mostly stocked with higher priced goods. Africa and parts of Asia will experience scarcity, and world agriculture output will grow at a lower rate.
    What happens if or when Chinese grain reserves reach full capacity and their buying suddenly slows?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Thank you David. I hope this helps explain for everyone how a logic-based approach to criticizing COVID (and probably most other?) measures gets you nowhere.

Culture and history should be stronger than whatever laws are on paper in your country. I like to think that God's laws come first, the Family's laws, second, and the government's laws, only third. But a nation with a diluted, atrophying culture must enforce most rules only at the barrel of a gun, using only the government's weak, enacted laws.

The apparent hypocrisy of promoting individual gun ownership rights but restricting individual abortion rights appears coherent through the lens of your nation's culture and history. If they don't, your parents and grandparents somehow abdicated this duty of theirs, or perhaps some organized bad actors succeeded at covertly infiltrating and destroying your culture.

Plot the intersection of the natural laws that must be restricted through codification (restricting access to abortion) and man's follies that are being forced upon us as though they were natural (creating fictitious genders, wearing masks, teaching sex to children, legalizing sexual proclivities) to understand how close your culture is to abject failure.
    Could you dumb this down for me? Trying to figure out what you believe. I’ve always believed the government should stay out of our face as much as possible, whether it’s guns, abortion, sexual preferences, drugs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Anybody trained through covid yet?
    Of course. Honestly, I thought training while sick was strong medicine. I’m not much of a writer but I have a hell of story to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Oh how right you are. I'm a peaceful man, but I find myself wondering when it's time to just start doling out the same shit on them that they've been doing to us for the past 6 years.

The problem is, it won't be pretty, but at this point, I can't figure out any other option. Any suggestions?
    I don't mean to be flippant but "A Country Boy Can Survive." Literally. Create barriers between them and you. If you are in a city get out. Soon. I'm in a city but it's not much of one. Exits are plentiful and I have a long term plan to get even further away from "civilization." (Cuz it isn't very civil lately.) You create barriers between them and you by being self sufficient and just generally staying out of 'that shit'. The government ought to be mostly irrelevant in your life. Twitter (insert social media platform de jour) ought to be irrelevant in your life.
    People think the opposite of love is hate- it's not. Doling something out to them means that you still feel a way for them. Your goal is apathy at this point. We can't save them. They won't hear us. They won't hear us on strength training just like they won't hear us on masks or anything else. You have to just walk away. The dynamics have shifted and we're back to being rebels except the crown is now DC. I think we're gonna have to live with that for now. If we persist, as the original rebels did, we'll win. Because how these fuckers are acting isn't sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Of course. Honestly, I thought training while sick was strong medicine. I’m not much of a writer but I have a hell of story to tell.
    Write it. Your Editor will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I don't mean to be flippant but "A Country Boy Can Survive." Literally. Create barriers between them and you. If you are in a city get out. Soon. I'm in a city but it's not much of one. Exits are plentiful and I have a long term plan to get even further away from "civilization." (Cuz it isn't very civil lately.) You create barriers between them and you by being self sufficient and just generally staying out of 'that shit'. The government ought to be mostly irrelevant in your life. Twitter (insert social media platform de jour) ought to be irrelevant in your life.
    People think the opposite of love is hate- it's not. Doling something out to them means that you still feel a way for them. Your goal is apathy at this point. We can't save them. They won't hear us. They won't hear us on strength training just like they won't hear us on masks or anything else. You have to just walk away. The dynamics have shifted and we're back to being rebels except the crown is now DC. I think we're gonna have to live with that for now. If we persist, as the original rebels did, we'll win. Because how these fuckers are acting isn't sustainable.
    Anybody who is not in love with Jenni is a Communist gayman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Yes, I've done everything I can to live free and strong, but these fuckers just keep pissing me off more and more every day. I can unplug and live a nice life out here in the woods, but I feel like there's more to uphold than just personal freedom.

Maybe I'm wrong. Still trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Write it. Your Editor will help.

Anybody who is not in love with Jenni is a Communist gayman.
    100%

I went through your training log the other day. With admiration I thought to myself, this guy has a hell of a story to tell. I am looking forward to hearing it!

I minor symptoms and felt like it might roll into being sick on Christmas morning.

No different that just catching a cold.

By mid day I was fine and lifted and did hill sprints.

The following week I got an antibody test (out of curiosity) and my positive blew out the max of the range.

I had done an antibody test a month prior and it was below the measurable threshold.

Why didn’t I just get a PCR test?

They’re bullshit. Any scientist knows.

starting strength coach development program
    Just give me the facts no embellishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Yeah, that’s definitely the big problem with smoking. James Dean had a solution, but he died too young.
    He also drove too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I have.
    Tell me what I can expect, but consider that I am an old guy I would probably kill myself with exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're in over your head here, wal.
    Your probably right Mark, but I have been over my head numerous times, once when I got married, and when I took on the Starting Strength program, but I am still here circulating and because of you I finish strong.