starting strength gym
Page 2159 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11591659205921092149215721582159216021612169220922592659 ... LastLast
Results 21,581 to 21,590 of 30197

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Anybody who is not in love with Jenni is a Communist gayman.
    I agree, 100%.

Jenni, very well said. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    Could you dumb this down for me? Trying to figure out what you believe. I’ve always believed the government should stay out of our face as much as possible, whether it’s guns, abortion, sexual preferences, drugs, etc.
    The role of government is to promote, foster, and maintain a rightly-ordered society in conformance to the Natural Law. Does that mean a state as we see it? Likely not. Does it mean “live and let live?” Likely not as well.

This means a vertical organization of authority and governance, most definitely not a horizontal one.

I will not go into the monumental error of the separation of “Church” and state with regard to this. I believe Mr. Laureys and I run in similar ecclesiastical circles.

Posting a bit of Majid Nawaz. Sorry for the twitter link.

Zelensky joining the WEF:
    https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...13161636012032

Complete Breakdown of everything known of impending Global Food Shortages:
    Global Food Shortages Imminent - Radical - by Maajid Nawaz

So here's my take: Russia and China are fucked up enough in their own right and want to keep as much power for themselves as possible. They see the WEF and Klaus Schwab as an imminent threat to their own power. This is because the WEF is attempting a hostile takeover of NATO and as many nation governments as possible. Outside of about 50% of the USA, the WEF has so far been succeeding, they control Canada, France, Argentina, the US liberal regime, Ukraine, most of the EU, UK, Australia, and probably other places I am not thinking of currently. They want to consolidate global power, but in a sneaky, pussy way.

So, Russia is going to war with Ukraine as they see this threat to their own power and know that they have a bigger dick than anyone else. China has been stockpiling food and supplies and cutting off trade to outside nations under the guise of "covid19". Obviously, they know covid19 is not a big deal, but in true CCP fashion, they must find a way to lie to their own people.

Finally, the WEF is probably pissing off Russia on purpose in order to starve out the rest of us normal folks. They know Russia exports almost all of the world's nitrogen based fertilizer, and together with Ukraine, copious amounts of the world's grain. We therefore soon cannot grow enough food to eat, feed our livestock (to eat), and will have to eat "ze bugs". Evidence for the bugs thing:

Why we need to give insects the role they deserve in our food systems | World Economic Forum
    5 reasons why eating insects can reduce climate change | World Economic Forum

In conclusion, the fate of this entire plot rests on conservatives and independents in the USA who must find a way to vote-in informed, non-lunatics back into our own government.

Am I forgetting anything?

Naomi forgets that lots and lots of us have our own triggers, and she forgets about the 400 million guns. I understand why she does, but this is precisely why we have them.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerBen View Post
    As wheat prices took off like a rocket this summer I was able to sell the wheat our grain elevator will buy from farmers. The mill paid almost the highest historical value they have ever paid for the wheat they will mill, well over $11 a bushel, but that is only a small part of the final cost of the goldfish crackers our wheat will go to produce. The farmer will grow it and I'll buy it and the market made it work.
    Here in North Texas, there is no wheat crop this year. The "normal weather" thing strikes again, because these things happen from time to time. This is just particularly bad timing for a drought. I don't know how far north this drought extends, but our wheat fields here look like bad golf courses. We're not even getting any grazing out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Tell me what I can expect, but consider that I am an old guy I would probably kill myself with exhaustion.
    Wal aren’t you vaccinated? You should expect not to have this issue... right?

My personal experience was having very minor cold-like symptoms for about 4 days and training through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Absolutely. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective. The vaccinations are safe and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Not as a counterpoint to Jenni, but rather the follow through:

Please do move away from urban centers, but do not disconnect. Surround yourself with capable people. Become as self sufficient as you can, but make friends and build community. Take tomatoes to your friend with laying hens. Give freely when you have too much, and take with gratitude when some has it to give.

Case in point: I've been bucking and handloading oak to split later for firewood from a wonderful lady who needed a felled tree out of the way. Years ago, my grandfather and other men from the church helped her when her parents died and she couldn't take care of the furniture moving by herself. She found out my grandmother just went into the nursing home for rehab, and will go visit her now.

There are two sayings I grew up with:

"God helps those who help themselves."

And

"Give help, but only when asked."

I think we will face war on a global scale soon, and I maintain it will be over food, predominantly. While you're building a charcoal kiln and raised beds, take some time to build a community and a servant's heart.

I don't pray often, and I try not to pray flippantly. Before I go on duty, I ask for wisdom and sound judgement so that my decisions will be swift and my actions effective in both the short and long term. When I'm off duty, I seek the strength and perspective to acknowledge the lessons from my suffering and to be a good man.

I'm the furthest from perfect, but even I have seen the positive impact this has had on what little I can make a difference in.

Whatever or whomever you pray to or hold dear, I offer all this not to preach at you, but to provide encouragement and hope. Whatever comes, even though we of this board may be separated, I promise that I will shoulder a little of the load with you.
    Excellent, thank you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post

My personal experience was having very minor cold-like symptoms for about 4 days and training through that.
    I have been vaccinated for every thing under the sun including covid, but it depends on the age, the older you get the more severe covid appears. I have trained through colds and that was testy so I wondered if covid reduced one's capacity to train. Well that's good to know Brian, thanks.

Mark I can see you are somewhat frustrated with my views on various subjects. You know I appreciate your training and coaching advice and I have always had the opinion about you as a reasonable and straight forward person who is not afraid to speak his mind and that is a great characteristic you possess, so what I have decided is to move on. I will no longer post anything on your forum. You can have a break from my irritating view points and if it is permissible I will drop in occasionally, if that is OK with you. You take care.

Your call, wal. I have regarded you as a friend on this board, and my frustration stems from the fact that you seem unable to process the facts of this amazing situation. You're welcome here any time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your call, wal. I have regarded you as a friend on this board, and my frustration stems from the fact that you seem unable to process the facts of this amazing situation. You're welcome here any time.
    Agreed, and I always appreciate hearing different points of view from reasonable people; it's part of that thing we used to have called dialogue.