starting strength gym
Page 2160 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11601660206021102150215821592160216121622170221022602660 ... LastLast
Results 21,591 to 21,600 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wal,
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but you have spent the better part of the last year stating some version of the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I have been vaccinated for everything under the sun including covid
    I ‘m curious why someone who has steadfastly and consistently declared that the Covid vaccine is the same as the myriad of vaccines they had taken throughout their lifetime and military service, is asking what it's like to train through Covid.
    With all the vaccine experience that you have, and since this vaccine is the same, you are more qualified to answer your question than most of us are.
    So, can you tell us, after you were vaccinated for Smallpox and subsequently became infected with Smallpox, what was your training like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your call, wal. I have regarded you as a friend on this board, and my frustration stems from the fact that you seem unable to process the facts of this amazing situation. You're welcome here any time.
    Thank you Mark, you are most gracious. Like you Mark I have my opinions and I am not always right, however if you allow me to hang around here I will probably continue to irritate you not deliberately, but I will not always agree with you on everything you say, so perhaps for a time I will give you and the lads here on this board and particularity this thread a break, I do not want to wear out my welcome, thank you Mark, your a good man.

Don't be a sook Wal.

It would be a boring place if we agreed on everything all the time and although I disagree with you on a few things you are polite and conduct yourself well.

Stick around mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Don't be a sook Wal.

It would be a boring place if we agreed on everything all the time and although I disagree with you on a few things you are polite and conduct yourself well.

Stick around mate.
    Thanks Phil, but a man's forum is his castle so to speak, I am a guest here and the last thing I want to do is destroy that friendly relationship. Mark has posted many of my posts even though h e disagrees with what I say. So I can see as far as my views on covid go Mark and I will not agree so I don't want to piss him off too much as one day I might want to come to the Falls for BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Wal,
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but you have spent the better part of the last year stating some version of the following:

I ‘m curious why someone who has steadfastly and consistently declared that the Covid vaccine is the same as the myriad of vaccines they had taken throughout their lifetime and military service, is asking what it's like to train through Covid.
    With all the vaccine experience that you have, and since this vaccine is the same, you are more qualified to answer your question than most of us are.
    So, can you tell us, after you were vaccinated for Smallpox and subsequently became infected with Smallpox, what was your training like?
    You are not a jerk and I am not more qualified than anyone else on this board. I am the least of all of you. I have never been infected with smallpox even though I have been in areas where smallpox was endemic at one time. No, I was just curious if training is possible with a covid infection that's all. I have not had covid, well I don't think I have having used many RAT tests. I was sick here two weeks back and that has been the sickest I have been for a number of years. It was probably a cold perhaps covid, the RAT test are not conclusive. Did I answer your question?

Anybody who is not in love with Jenni is a Communist gayman.
    Yeah, I talk a lot of shit for somebody who gets stuck in a wet sports bra, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Yes, I've done everything I can to live free and strong, but these fuckers just keep pissing me off more and more every day. I can unplug and live a nice life out here in the woods, but I feel like there's more to uphold than just personal freedom.

Maybe I'm wrong. Still trying to figure it out.
    Not wrong, just ill-timed. There is more to uphold, but we do that by upholding personal freedom because the rest flows from that. I get where you are, I do. I understand what you are saying. I sympathize with the position and am surprised I'm not right there with you. I recently asked myself similar questions because how I feel about my social responsibility is going to inform the moves I make in the next 3-5 years. It's just that we're not gonna win that battle right now. So beating our heads against that wall won't do us any good.

The simple act of preserving what is essentially our culture (even though we are not linked by genes or even geography) is enough of a battle to win right now. I hate to keep going back to the Starting Strength analogy but it just works so fucking well. SS will never take over the globogyms in the current atmosphere. Not because Rip isn't right. Not because he and his tribe aren't hard working. But just because that wave of ideology is too big to fight right now. Best we can do is the narrow-casting that is keeping the program out there and accessible to those of us smart enough to grab on to it. Remember quality over quantity. We create those barriers so we don't have to play their game.

Bonus theory, since I'm 3 beers in.....I think a big part of the current issues stem from the same idea as "Humans are not physically normal in the absence of hard physical effort." I think people have de-stressed, self-cared, and relaxed themselves almost to death. Use it or lose it and excessive relaxation is a slow form of suicide. I think most of the shit we're seeing can be traced back to this concept- up to and including the whole transmen competing as women thing. (Or would that be transwomen? idon'tfuckingknow) Vigorous challenge and striving are good for the mind as well as the body and these people are too busy being proud of themselves for "adulting". They have shriveled the brain cells they needed to realize what Fauci, Biden, et al are doing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I have never been infected with smallpox even though I have been in areas where smallpox was endemic at one time. No, I was just curious if training is possible with a covid infection that's all. I have not had covid, well I don't think I have having used many RAT tests. I was sick here two weeks back and that has been the sickest I have been for a number of years. It was probably a cold perhaps covid, the RAT test are not conclusive. Did I answer your question?
    Yes

wal, the tell in his post was this statement:

He was kidding -- the reason you didn't get smallpox was because you were vaccinated for smallpox with an actual real no-shit vaccine, so you didn't get smallpox. Polio was like this too. And diphtheria, and pertussis, and mumps, and other things.

COVID-19 is not like this, because Pfizer/J&J/Moderna et al do not make an actual real no-shit vaccine that actually prevents the disease for which you get vaccinated. It is just called a vaccine, kind of the same way trannies are now called "women." We have been talking about this for well over a year. This is why I get frustrated with you. It's all a huge expensive unnecessary blow to the history of civilization, one that has just started to play out and that we will not see the end of anytime soon.

You're a nice man, wal, but you have to stop being this dense.

Again Wal, I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just that your question was displaying some impressive cognitive dissonance given your past statements. I like you too and don’t want you to leave either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Yeah, I talk a lot of shit for somebody who gets stuck in a wet sports bra, lol.

Not wrong, just ill-timed. There is more to uphold, but we do that by upholding personal freedom because the rest flows from that. I get where you are, I do. I understand what you are saying. I sympathize with the position and am surprised I'm not right there with you. I recently asked myself similar questions because how I feel about my social responsibility is going to inform the moves I make in the next 3-5 years. It's just that we're not gonna win that battle right now. So beating our heads against that wall won't do us any good.

The simple act of preserving what is essentially our culture (even though we are not linked by genes or even geography) is enough of a battle to win right now. I hate to keep going back to the Starting Strength analogy but it just works so fucking well. SS will never take over the globogyms in the current atmosphere. Not because Rip isn't right. Not because he and his tribe aren't hard working. But just because that wave of ideology is too big to fight right now. Best we can do is the narrow-casting that is keeping the program out there and accessible to those of us smart enough to grab on to it. Remember quality over quantity. We create those barriers so we don't have to play their game.

Bonus theory, since I'm 3 beers in.....I think a big part of the current issues stem from the same idea as "Humans are not physically normal in the absence of hard physical effort." I think people have de-stressed, self-cared, and relaxed themselves almost to death. Use it or lose it and excessive relaxation is a slow form of suicide. I think most of the shit we're seeing can be traced back to this concept- up to and including the whole transmen competing as women thing. (Or would that be transwomen? idon'tfuckingknow) Vigorous challenge and striving are good for the mind as well as the body and these people are too busy being proud of themselves for "adulting". They have shriveled the brain cells they needed to realize what Fauci, Biden, et al are doing to them.
    Thank you, there's so much truth here I'm going to have to reread it a few more times before I can properly respond.

In the meanwhile, cheers!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Again Wal, I’m not trying to be a jerk. It’s just that your question was displaying some impressive cognitive dissonance given your past statements. I like you too and don’t want you to leave either.
    Brian as I said before you are not a jerk, but as far as my cognitive dissonance goes you may be right.

You're a nice man, wal, but you have to stop being this dense.
    Mark your the coach, but let me work this out for myself, you can show me the training techniques, but I am the one that has to do the actual lifting.