starting strength gym
Page 2162 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 11621662206221122152216021612162216321642172221222622662 ... LastLast
Results 21,611 to 21,620 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Another coincidence to add to the list:

Dad's 73, in great health and very active. Drinks a bit too much cheap blended whisky but does heavy yard work for fun in his retirement. He had his two vaccinations like a good citizen, and two weeks after his "booster" shot in February, he developed a mystery cough. It worsened, over time, to the point where he couldn't breathe, felt like death but was triaged and sent home from the A&E department about 3 weeks ago. Now, he's in the cardiac unit with a left bundle branch block and a chest full of fluid.
    Every month I talk to more and more people who are having sudden, inexplicable health problems despite being perfectly healthy before taking the vaccine.
    In contrast, I haven't talked to one unvaccinated person experiencing sudden or strange health problems recently.
    I know this will soon maim or kill some of my family members who decided to take the shot.

These pieces of shit can never be forgiven for what they have done to us.
    Never.

https://archive.ph/bDdBl

“We are investigating this incident as both a hate crime and a case of racially-motivated violent extremism,” said Stephen Belongia, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Buffalo field office said during a press conference.

Erie County Sheriff John Garcia gave a more blunt assessment. “This was pure evil. It was a straight-up racially motivated hate crime,” he said.

You never see these immediate type of reactions by the media and police when the shooter or SUV driver is black.

The FBI and media are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Do you really not see any value in a vaccine that reduces disease severity even if it does not prevent all infections?

These other diseases are actually serious. I don't see any value in a vaccine given to prevent a mild disease that doesn't actually kill people any more frequently than the flu, especially if the vaccine kills you. I guess you missed this, and a hundred other things: Are the COVID vaccines killing people over time? The data suggests yes. – Behind The Black – Robert Zimmerman

But I'll give you one thing: once you decide on your story, you do stick to the fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But I'll give you one thing: once you decide on your story, you do stick to the fucker.
    Finally some common ground.

Another local datapoint. Young colleague just hit hard with Covid. Very likely vaccinated.

I still don’t give the threat of it to myself any thought. What does catch my attention is the enthusiasm of the vaxers and maskers.

We still have a few sharp people wearing a mask at work, while most don’t. It is very odd to see otherwise skeptics and technically astute people continue the habit - data analysts and space environment scientists. Are they doing this for a loved one at home? Will they mask forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Do you really not see any value in a vaccine that reduces disease severity even if it does not prevent all infections?
    You picked an interesting bunch of vaccines to compare it to if that's the case. The inactivated polio vaccine does not prevent infection of the GI tract. In 99% of kids, infection with poliovirus will probably look the same regardless of vaccination status. Inactivated polio vaccine prevents spread to the CNS and subsequent paralysis. The diphtheria vaccine is directed against the toxin produced by the bacteria and prevents the systemic effects of that toxin. It's not well studied, but I'd be stunned if it prevents infection. If anything it drive selection of toxin-deficient strains that are still able to infect but do not cause severe disease. The smallpox vaccine can be given after exposure, and will lessen the severity of disease in those people after an infection with variola virus has already been established.

They are vaccinations because of their mechanism of action. It has nothing to do with effectiveness against infection. If you want to be mad that the virus mutated and the vaccines are not as effective as they used to be against infection, I guess that's your right. It doesn't make it any less silly, though.
    The risk/reward ratio does not make sense for covid vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Literally the only thing anyone here holds against you is that you are obviously smart enough to understand that the whole Covid farce is a farce, but you still want to walk the line for some bizarre reason. If you were actually stupid, nobody would bother. I have every expectation that you will see the light at some point, but come on man.
    I would wager he's just a contrarian, his identity is defined by opposition to something in the same way darkness is only defined by the absence of light.

Whatever topic you will bring up, he will argue it.

Mr Grantham,

With respect, is there any non-correlative evidence the C-19 reduces the “effects” of this virus?

Why do you think things went from “it’s 95% effective at preventing infection” to “it reduces the chance you’ll get really sick?”

And I may be wrong, but I can’t seem to find data on that is not correlative. Happy to read if it exists.

Have you read the released docs from Pfizer? I haven’t yet read all because it’s too much but I’m slowly working my way through it as I can find it. It sure doesn’t seem good and it does reflect the opinions of many of my former colleagues (who are immunologists, virologists and physicians) that maybe this “vaccine” was not quite what it seemed.

Question: are you doing any lab research currently? If so where does your funding come from? Do you get grants? If so, from where?

My motive for asking is simply to understand more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Literally the only thing anyone here holds against you is that you are obviously smart enough to understand that the whole Covid farce is a farce, but you still want to walk the line for some bizarre reason. If you were actually stupid, nobody would bother. I have every expectation that you will see the light at some point, but come on man.
    Jovan I know folk who have had it and currently others who have got it and they have never been as sick so they tell me, what ever you want to call it is not a farce. It is a type of corona virus that is particularly nasty. I don't think I have had it although I was coughing and wheezing here a few weeks back and I have not been sick with anything for over two years. I am surprised that anyone here on this board would hold anything against me, I have my opinions and I have admitted that I make mistakes and I am not infallible, but I will not be pushed into "group think", I will continue to look at this covid thing and if I am wrong you and Mark will be the first to know. You guys have laid out a lot of information and links many which I have chased up and found that the sources of the information was at best dubious and a misrepresentation of the facts, but don't think I do not appreciate the work that Mark and you folk put into this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Another local datapoint. Young colleague just hit hard with Covid. Very likely vaccinated.

I still don’t give the threat of it to myself any thought. What does catch my attention is the enthusiasm of the vaxers and maskers.

We still have a few sharp people wearing a mask at work, while most don’t. It is very odd to see otherwise skeptics and technically astute people continue the habit - data analysts and space environment scientists. Are they doing this for a loved one at home? Will they mask forever?
    Their wives or girlfriends are probably making them do it.