starting strength gym
Page 2163 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11631663206321132153216121622163216421652173221322632663 ... LastLast
Results 21,621 to 21,630 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Their wives or girlfriends are probably making them do it.
    I disagree, this is their own volition. Just because they are smart, it doesn't make them wise.

This might be interesting to some of you:

https://archive.ph/bidenlaptopemails.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Mr Grantham,

With respect, is there any non-correlative evidence the C-19 reduces the “effects” of this virus?
    What do you mean by non-correlative? What sort of study design would that be?

Why do you think things went from “it’s 95% effective at preventing infection” to “it reduces the chance you’ll get really sick?”
    This is largely due to mutation of B cell epitopes that allow escape from neutralizing antibodies. Many of the variants have this feature, with Omicron being the most pronounced. However T cell epitopes tend to be more conserved. The virus gets past neutralizing antibodies, but is partially controlled by the T cell response. Partial protection...less severe disease.

Have you read the released docs from Pfizer?
    No.

Question: are you doing any lab research currently? If so where does your funding come from? Do you get grants? If so, from where?
    I currently work with undergraduate students on a number of small projects. I haven't had any outside funding since 2016.

My motive for asking is simply to understand more.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    ...You guys have laid out a lot of information and links many which I have chased up and found that the sources of the information was at best dubious and a misrepresentation of the facts, but don't think I do not appreciate the work that Mark and you folk put into this subject.
    From what I have seen, you makes these claims based on "because I pulled it out of my ass" or "the guy on the government tv said they were dubious, so it must be true" or "Dr. WhoGivesAFuck said the facts are being misrepresented and he is a doctor, after all."

Right or wrong, you will get much better responses if you can tie any of this back to data and cogent logical analysis.

Has anyone personally known an unvaccinated individual who has gotten a severe case of Covid over the past year?
    I don't, but I know many vaccinated individuals who claim to have contracted severe Covid over the past year.

Maybe Mr. Grantham can support his claim that our eyes our deceiving us?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post

Do YOU know and this is a quiz? Or do you not know?

Intentional ambiguity plays it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You guys have laid out a lot of information and links many which I have chased up and found that the sources of the information was at best dubious and a misrepresentation of the facts, but don't think I do not appreciate the work that Mark and you folk put into this subject.
    I've noticed this, but you seem to simply demean the source with no consideration for how reliable you observe the source to be. You go and ask the internet if this source is bad, find a bunch of claims by others, and then you just believe them. Is the collective internet opinion your definitive source? If so, that is an entity that has complete control over you. It owns you.

I know I've seen you attack the source on things you can verify yourself. Why do you think you need to trust a source immediately? How can you truly even trust a source you haven't evaluated over time? You learn about the source by judging its content. That's it. We aren't being given dictates Old Testament style on a pair of stone slabs by the media, dude.

Your observations and contributions just baffle me, rather then annoy me. You are a puzzle I want to solve.

All I know is I had it and we largely fine. Not the worst flu that I've had. My wife was similar and she is double vaxxed. Not by much choice. She earns more. And my three year old who has congenital heart defects (open heart surgery at 10 months old) was over it in a day.

Everyone else I know who is vaxxed is doing/done worse. Particularly if they have had mrna and triple.

I can't prove it but my brain thinks that injecting an instruction for your cells to produce bad things is not good. I don't believe that the immune system will magically fight against something the body makes, hence why my dad died of cancer. His immune system didn't fight something his body was making. So asking your body to make spike proteins multiple times is just adapting your body to making and being used to having spike proteins. Then when it is presented with them in real life it won't respond because they are normal. This is actually in line with Dr Robert Malone who said mRNA was supposed to inject instructions to make healthy cells.

I guess that's why they are looking at AIDS now.

Am I really stupid or am I just right?

We have to vote next week in Australia and there's no one to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Has anyone personally known an unvaccinated individual who has gotten a severe case of Covid over the past year?
    I don't, but I know many vaccinated individuals who claim to have contracted severe Covid over the past year.

I have, but my anecdotes aren't any more useful than yours.

United States: COVID-19 weekly death rate by vaccination status - Our World in Data

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    From what I have seen, you makes these claims based on "because I pulled it out of my ass" or "the guy on the government tv said they were dubious, so it must be true" or "Dr. WhoGivesAFuck said the facts are being misrepresented and he is a doctor, after all."

Right or wrong, you will get much better responses if you can tie any of this back to data and cogent logical analysis.

I haven't even had the sniffles or an allergy for the past three years. In fact, I haven't breathed better since after I quit all prescription medications three years ago.

Never wore a mask, did what I usually did amongst like minded people without fear; handshakes, hugs, sharing food and drink.

Never thought once about taking the vax, and prepared as best I could to resist the tyranny which is coming for our personal liberties.

You'd think the powers that be who are SO concerned about "our health" that they might want to study those of us who are apparently immune to the death virus.

But what do I know, I'm just a retired engineer who was passionately driven by solving difficult problems for 40 years.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post

This is largely due to mutation of B cell epitopes that allow escape from neutralizing antibodies. Many of the variants have this feature, with Omicron being the most pronounced. However T cell epitopes tend to be more conserved. The virus gets past neutralizing antibodies, but is partially controlled by the T cell response. Partial protection...less severe disease.

No.

I currently work with undergraduate students on a number of small projects. I haven't had any outside funding since 2016.

Indeed.
    Thank you for your answers! Is there literature about the mutating B cell epitopes? I have no reason to doubt you but I’m genuinely interested.

As for the non-correlative study, I would hope for a non-epidemiological (I generally regard epidemiology as interesting and a signal but not necessarily causative) or general single variable correlative study (survey). I am yet to find something so I asked.

Thanks again.