starting strength gym
Page 2164 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11641664206421142154216221632164216521662174221422642664 ... LastLast
Results 21,631 to 21,640 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Has anyone personally known an unvaccinated individual who has gotten a severe case of Covid over the past year?
    My wife, unvaxed got covid pretty bad.
    The first four to five days was pretty bad flu type symptoms and then on night five it was getting scary for her. She took ivermectin and that night she had a proper sleep. The symptoms still persisted and started to get more enflamed over day 6. So she upped her dose of hydrocortisone and that seemed to do the trick to control the inflammation.

From what I have seen, you makes these claims based on "because I pulled it out of my ass" or "the guy on the government tv said they were dubious, so it must be true" or "Dr. WhoGivesAFuck said the facts are being misrepresented and he is a doctor, after all."

Right or wrong, you will get much better responses if you can tie any of this back to data and cogent logical analysis.

Has anyone personally known an unvaccinated individual who has gotten a severe case of Covid over the past year?
    I don't, but I know many vaccinated individuals who claim to have contracted severe Covid over the past year.

Maybe Mr. Grantham can support his claim that our eyes our deceiving us?
    Oh yeah, I didn't miss the "Dr. WhoGivesAFuck" part, that's pure gold!

I don't, but I know many vaccinated individuals who claim to have contracted severe Covid over the past year.

Maybe Mr. Grantham can support his claim that our eyes our deceiving us?
    My girlfriends grandmother was unvaccinated and died of Covid in mid December. Her uncle got it at the same time and almost died from it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I have, but my anecdotes aren't any more useful than yours.

United States: COVID-19 weekly death rate by vaccination status - Our World in Data
    It is instructive to look at that data on a log scale, which you can do with an option. Further, I'd like an option to remove the bias between the categories, to study trends.

Of course, if you are afraid of dying from covid, and think the vex is the best way to preserve your life, then in the name of all that's holy, Recode!

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Thank you for your answers! Is there literature about the mutating B cell epitopes? I have no reason to doubt you but I’m genuinely interested.
    Lots of stuff in the literature on this. Here is an example: Omicron escapes the majority of existing SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies | Nature

As for the non-correlative study, I would hope for a non-epidemiological (I generally regard epidemiology as interesting and a signal but not necessarily causative) or general single variable correlative study (survey). I am yet to find something so I asked.

Thanks again.
    I thought that might be what you were getting at, but I wasn't certain. Thanks for clarifying.
    I'm not aware of any non-epidemiological studies on this. There is a group in the UK that has completed a proof of concept for a human challenge study. I don't know whether they will continue or not.They are very difficult studies to do. You need large numbers of participants because of the variation from person to person. Also, those folks all need to have no previous history of infection, and that is becoming rarer all the time. Then there are the ethical considerations of intentionally infecting people.

Lots of stuff in the literature on this. Here is an example: Omicron escapes the majority of existing SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies | Nature
    How many people have been killed by "omicron"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How many people have been killed by "omicron"?
    I don't know exact numbers, but almost all of the cases in the US in 2022 have been due to the Omicron lineage and there have been close to 200,000 COVID-19 deaths so far this year in the US.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Deaths - Our World in Data

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It is instructive to look at that data on a log scale, which you can do with an option. Further, I'd like an option to remove the bias between the categories, to study trends.

Of course, if you are afraid of dying from covid, and think the vex is the best way to preserve your life, then in the name of all that's holy, Recode!
    Download the CSV and plot the ratio boosted/unvaccinated. While the boosted show much lower mortality, there are several regions of time where that ratio is increasing. Nov-Jan has perhaps the most pronounced feature across age brackets. And 65+ shows a steady increase from early Dec through the end of the dataset in early Feb. Much of it being exponential. Unfortunately, 65+ is the age bracket the vaccine was meant to help most.

starting strength coach development program
    I don't know exact numbers, but almost all of the cases in the US in 2022 have been due to the Omicron lineage and there have been close to 200,000 COVID-19 deaths so far this year in the US.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Deaths - Our World in Data
    1. What are the criteria for "confirmed"? This is terribly critical, since 660,000 people die from heart disease every year in the US, and this is therefore a really interesting number, since it's only May and you're claiming 200K so far.
    2. How many of these people were "vaccinated"? This is even more critical, because you guys may be killing them.