starting strength gym
Page 2165 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11651665206521152155216321642165216621672175221522652665 ... LastLast
Results 21,641 to 21,650 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Jovan I know folk who have had it and currently others who have got it and they have never been as sick so they tell me, what ever you want to call it is not a farce. It is a type of corona virus that is particularly nasty. I don't think I have had it although I was coughing and wheezing here a few weeks back and I have not been sick with anything for over two years. I am surprised that anyone here on this board would hold anything against me, I have my opinions and I have admitted that I make mistakes and I am not infallible, but I will not be pushed into "group think", I will continue to look at this covid thing and if I am wrong you and Mark will be the first to know. You guys have laid out a lot of information and links many which I have chased up and found that the sources of the information was at best dubious and a misrepresentation of the facts, but don't think I do not appreciate the work that Mark and you folk put into this subject.
    Can I ask what makes this a "nasty" virus?
    Seems to me like it's not different from the flu. Almost no one dies from it, few people do, some people get really sick and most people have mild symptoms. It seems to me lile your experience matches with this.
    Ebola is a nasty virus, aka it kills almost everyone, therefore very few people catch it, and the symptoms sound very very bad.
    Ending up on a ventilator is not a symptom, as scary as that might sound. Having your internal orgnans turned into shit sounds way worse than any of the covid symptoms.

By the way, I've had it. I admit it was worse than most flus I've had. But it was nothing I would ever shut down the world economy and jail people for or use an emergency authorized new vaccine for. And this is the experience of a huge majority of the people that actually got sick. Everybody else, like 95% of people, never got it or were asymptomatic, which is the same thing, or were misdiagnosed.

Again, how is this particularly nasty?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    2. How many of these people were "vaccinated"? This is even more critical, because you guys may be killing them.
    Not may be Rip, they are.

Gotta be pretty thick for people to not see that by now. I mean I'm Australian and Autistic, if I can comprehend that then it can't be that hard to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I have, but my anecdotes aren't any more useful than yours.

United States: COVID-19 weekly death rate by vaccination status - Our World in Data
    What a coincidence that the only people I've heard say that unvaxxed individuals had a worse case of covid, are people who work in the medical or academical field and have interest in not "spreading misinformation" on the internet.

1. What are the criteria for "confirmed"? This is terribly critical, since 660,000 people die from heart disease every year in the US, and this is therefore a really interesting number, since it's only May and you're claiming 200K so far.
    2. How many of these people were "vaccinated"? This is even more critical, because you guys may be killing them.
    It also needs to be realized that we have safe and effective treatments that work!
    On that same token, how many people when coming to hospital for serious symptoms are treated incorrectly, which either doesn't effect/address the problems or even exacerbates them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    We have to vote next week in Australia and there's no one to vote for.
    There's a flurry of minor parties being created. One nation, Australia one, UAP will be my top 3 off the top of my head. I suppose lib dems for the lolbertarian vote.

Since we're still talking about it...

CDC COVID Data Tracker

1. What are the criteria for "confirmed"? This is terribly critical, since 660,000 people die from heart disease every year in the US, and this is therefore a really interesting number, since it's only May and you're claiming 200K so far.
    They're pretty good about explaining their sources. With some looking you should be able to find it pretty easily. Or we could just skip the rigmarole and agree that you will find the data, definition, and source to be unreliable, and you can disregard these data in their entirety.

I don't know absolute numbers, because absolute numbers will not tell you whether the vaccine is harmful or beneficial. If you vaccinate a small group of people with a harmful vaccine, you will have a small absolute number of people harmed. If you vaccinate a large number of people with a vaccine that is partially protective, but not perfectly protective, you may still have a large absolute number of deaths. Rates are more informative, and I've already posted a link to death rates broken out by vaccination status.

I'm going to be away for a few days with limited internet access. I'm happy to pick these conversations back up at the end of the week. Just avoiding the appearance of ignoring potentially good responses.

According to that paper, confirmed COVID deaths are defined by deaths whose causes are unconfirmed. They go further to assert this number is almost certainly higher.

I think it’s a perverse word game that Ivy League alumni play at the yacht club for amusement. The betting pot keeps getting bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    The role of government is to promote, foster, and maintain a rightly-ordered society in conformance to the Natural Law. Does that mean a state as we see it? Likely not. Does it mean “live and let live?” Likely not as well.

This means a vertical organization of authority and governance, most definitely not a horizontal one.

I will not go into the monumental error of the separation of “Church” and state with regard to this. I believe Mr. Laureys and I run in similar ecclesiastical circles.

Negatory. Authority, and the whole idea that someone should rule over another, is always the problem and never the solution.

The government of today believes it is maintaining a rightly-ordered society. People debate the meaning of natural law and what that means because it's ill-defined and open to easy manipulation. And the people at the top (and the personalities attracted to that structure) love vertical organization and "the pecking order".

Contrast this to a simpler solution: A blanket law that prohibits individuals *and* governments from *initiating* force, threats of force, and fraud against another individual, and swift and severe punishments for breaking that rule. Everyone knows what that means, even if they pretend not to. And if there were no exceptions to that rule, then all these problems ranging from gun control to civil asset forfeiture, abortion bans, and censorship and everything in between would vanish and we would have a civil society. That day will come when people decide their independence and autonomy is more important than obeying an external authority figure.

starting strength coach development program
    After hanging out with my friend and his new girlfriend two days ago, I found out she tested positive for COVID yesterday. I said "OK" and I have been just continuing to live my life. Bench press PR coming later today. Somehow, I think I'm gonna be fine.