starting strength gym
Page 2167 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 11671667206721172157216521662167216821692177221722672667 ... LastLast
Results 21,661 to 21,670 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Here's some helpful advice from the mental health experts:

Seven Ways to Change from a Human Doing to a Human Being | Psychology Today

Just what we need in today's world: more people jerking off.
    I don't fully disagree with what you've quoted here, because when a task list become a source of actualization and worth on an obsessive and exclusive level, it's unhealthy. For example, "I have no value as the person I am because I have not completed my tasks for the day."

However, I don't like the false dichotomy the author drew between self-actualization and accomplishments. There's nothing about having self-worth, self-esteem, and confidence that is preclusive to being driven and motivated or wanted to get shit done and accomplish worthwhile achievements. In fact, I would say that drive and ability to achieve is what builds confidence and self-worth. Not because the accomplishment is an end in itself, but the accomplishment is the evidence of ability and its effects.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 05-16-2022 at 07:41 PM.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Just like a light switch, the pathetic sheep around here started masking up again because the county where I live is at "red status" for whatever tf that means.

Probably 50% maskers in grocery stores etc, outdoors not as bad.

Also mandatory again in many schools and universities, etc.

This is psychological warfare folks.

Where do you live, so we don't go there?

Where do you live, so we don't go there?
    Tourist town in northern Michigan, the locals I know around here don't gaf about the coof or masks.

Election in a few months. Have to get everyone ready for another mail-in ballot. Probably have to show proof of vax to vote in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Would you have done anything differently two months ago, or a year ago?
    Probably not. The only difference is this time I didn't bother to try and justify my not giving a shit. I just don't. Also, I couldn't bench 255 for three doubles back then.

Here's some helpful advice from the mental health experts:

Seven Ways to Change from a Human Doing to a Human Being | Psychology Today

Just what we need in today's world: more people jerking off.
    I don't know what the hell this clown is talking about. Society has never cared less about achievements and providing real value to the world around you than it does now. Many of the people put up on pedestals today don't actually do anything well at all. Is this guy gonna tell me that Paris Hilton, the Kardashians, and the Real Housewives of Who-Gives-A-Fuck are actually "doing" something?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I don't know exact numbers, but almost all of the cases in the US in 2022 have been due to the Omicron lineage and there have been close to 200,000 COVID-19 deaths so far this year in the US.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Deaths - Our World in Data
    That’s strange. Up here in Canada, I’ve known several people who had Covid within the last year. All recovered, and none could tell me which variant. They must be doing things differently down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Mörner said, criticizing the Rockefeller dynasty and global efforts to keep developing countries from developing under the guise of saving the climate
    It is almost like the world still revolves around control of fossil fuels, never mind all the talk about green this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post

However, I don't like the false dichotomy the author drew between self-actualization and accomplishments. There's nothing about having self-worth, self-esteem, and confidence that is preclusive to being driven and motivated or wanted to get shit done and accomplish worthwhile achievements. In fact, I would say that drive and ability to achieve is what builds confidence and self-worth. Not because the accomplishment is an end in itself, but the accomplishment is the evidence of ability and its effects.
    You caught that too. It’s also a bit of plagiarism from the Emerson Quote, “it’s the journey, not the destination”.

starting strength coach development program
    Starting to hear of death/injury in people in my small community. I realise they're just unproven anecdotes, but my work colleague's 43 year old brother in law has a heart attack and dies (father of two young kids). Wife's cousin, early 20s, develops seizures 6 months ago (around time of vax mandates), can't work, can't play sport, found dead in a pool yesterday. Boy in middle school (early teens) develops seizures post vx - surprisingly the mother is joining the dots (most aren't).

I know it's only 3, but I don't have many friends or social contacts, so is unsettling. I hope the stories don't keep piling up, but it appears inevitable.