starting strength gym
Page 2168 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11681668206821182158216621672168216921702178221822682668 ... LastLast
Results 21,671 to 21,680 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Starting to hear of death/injury in people in my small community. I realise they're just unproven anecdotes, but my work colleague's 43 year old brother in law has a heart attack and dies (father of two young kids). Wife's cousin, early 20s, develops seizures 6 months ago (around time of vax mandates), can't work, can't play sport, found dead in a pool yesterday. Boy in middle school (early teens) develops seizures post vx - surprisingly the mother is joining the dots (most aren't).

I know it's only 3, but I don't have many friends or social contacts, so is unsettling. I hope the stories don't keep piling up, but it appears inevitable.
    And while you gotta admit that this passenger is a badass. For some strange reason, no one is asking the question, "and why did the pilot pass out?"
    Passenger lands plane in Florida'''s Palm Beach after pilot has medical emergency | Fox News

Starting to hear of death/injury in people in my small community. I realise they're just unproven anecdotes, but my work colleague's 43 year old brother in law has a heart attack and dies (father of two young kids). Wife's cousin, early 20s, develops seizures 6 months ago (around time of vax mandates), can't work, can't play sport, found dead in a pool yesterday. Boy in middle school (early teens) develops seizures post vx - surprisingly the mother is joining the dots (most aren't).

I know it's only 3, but I don't have many friends or social contacts, so is unsettling. I hope the stories don't keep piling up, but it appears inevitable.
    I hear more and more reports every day.

This is feeling like Bolshevik Russia where the Holodomor didn't happen, because they weren't allowed to record the death numbers.

I noticed Mr. Grantham was sticking to his claim that the Covid vaccine was 95% effective.
    He obviously never read the documents submitted for an Emergency Use Authorization a year and a half ago; The numbers in those documents showed, at best, a 60% effectiveness against the original strain.

Further, if the spurious claim that the decrease in effectiveness can be blamed on unproven mutations were to be correct, then why the fuck would we ever take a vaccine that lost was ineffective against the current strain?
    Why would we ever consider taking a Covid virus vaccine of any type if the virus is mutating so fast the vaccine is ineffective against the current strain by the time it is distributed?
    But, again, the mutation rate of Covid viruses invalidates Mr. Grantham's initial premise.

I am getting the feeling he has not done the most basic research on this topic or read the data, despite being a vociferous vaxxer.

Excellent Tucker monologue today.

I just wish he would have explicitly called these "lunatics" anti-white. Maybe soon.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    Negatory. Authority, and the whole idea that someone should rule over another, is always the problem and never the solution.

The government of today believes it is maintaining a rightly-ordered society. People debate the meaning of natural law and what that means because it's ill-defined and open to easy manipulation. And the people at the top (and the personalities attracted to that structure) love vertical organization and "the pecking order".

Contrast this to a simpler solution: A blanket law that prohibits individuals *and* governments from *initiating* force, threats of force, and fraud against another individual, and swift and severe punishments for breaking that rule. Everyone knows what that means, even if they pretend not to. And if there were no exceptions to that rule, then all these problems ranging from gun control to civil asset forfeiture, abortion bans, and censorship and everything in between would vanish and we would have a civil society. That day will come when people decide their independence and autonomy is more important than obeying an external authority figure.
    OK. I left libertarianism behind for the most part when I realized that a system which is predicated upon individual judgement having equal weight to any other individual judgement, is to be used to combat the errors produced by individual judgement was inherently flawed and completely illogical. I also realized that libertarianism was wholly unequipped to actually do anything that would establish, but more importantly maintain this sort of non-egalitarian yet egalitarian social order. Libertarians effectively say that they will fight human nature with human nature. The philosophy is structurally contradictory. Once you start picking at that flower, all the petals start to fall out. All men must serve someone.

"This is not 'nam, Donny; there are rules."

A four-star general tweeted a video game clip thinking it was real.

Reuters posted a photo of guys playing paint ball with the caption "Ukraine says it has repelled Russian incursion in Sumy region".

I think the US is going to become the biggest danger to the planet in the coming years, unless we get some kind of huge cultural correction soon. The incompetence, delusion, and stupidity is going to make using nukes way too tempting for these fucking morons.

my little n=1 contribution to the covid talk....

Over Christmas, my whole family was exposed. My wife is the only one vaccinated, and she also got it. The rest of us got sick. Cold/Flu like for a couple of days, took about a week or so to feel 100%, from a lifting/endurance perspective. I figured, I'm good, I got it, I won't get it again, good to go.

Last weekend, got exposed to two different people who tested positive and ultimately had flu-like symptoms (not when I saw them though). Now, I'm sick again. Going to MinuteClinic, as my throat is killing me and cough hurts. I have used that solution mix in the throat. My wife....no sympoms at all. And she's letting me know about this, regularly.

So, why write all this....1) if you're going to get sick, you're going to get sick. 2) my personal experience is now going to require that I question what the Dr McCollum (?) on Rogan. I don't know if I'll take the rapid test or not, but I'll isolate as best I can from family. He said folks can't get it twice, the solution works, etc. My personal experience...not really. Am I following EVERYTHING he said to a tee? No.

Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    So, why write all this....1) if you're going to get sick, you're going to get sick. 2) my personal experience is now going to require that I question what the Dr McCollum (?) on Rogan. I don't know if I'll take the rapid test or not, but I'll isolate as best I can from family. He said folks can't get it twice, the solution works, etc. My personal experience...not really. Am I following EVERYTHING he said to a tee? No.
    It's McCullough. I have no idea if the "can't get it twice" thing is true, but it seemed wrong on it's face. If the thing mutates enough, why wouldn't you get it again?

That said, it seems people have forgotten that flus and colds existed before this shit show. Testing for covid every time you get sick is something only hypochondriacs should be doing.

Yesterday I saw a Speedway technician working on the gas pumps at the corner station.

He was retrofitting the pump displays to add an extra digit in front of the price per gallon.

Check this out:

Twitter Lead Client Partner Says Woke ?Ideology? Responsible For Company?s Inability to ?Profit? - YouTube

starting strength coach development program

A guy I know is trying to sue Pfizer because his elderly mother was diagnosed with a terminal cancer six months after receiving the covid vaccine. Let's just blame everything on the vaccines?

Millions of people (er, scared sheep?) in the US (probably over 200M) have been vaccinated. If the vaccine is such a killer, then why haven't we seen millions of deaths? Or is there some data that indicates that is yet to come?