starting strength gym
Page 2169 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11691669206921192159216721682169217021712179221922692669 ... LastLast
Results 21,681 to 21,690 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    ...1) if you're going to get sick, you're going to get sick. 2) my personal experience is now going to require that I question what the Dr McCollum (?) on Rogan. I don't know if I'll take the rapid test or not, but I'll isolate as best I can from family. He said folks can't get it twice, the solution works, etc. My personal experience...not really. Am I following EVERYTHING he said to a tee? No.

Very frustrating.
    McCullough publicly corrected himself on reinfection with Omicron.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    A guy I know is trying to sue Pfizer because his elderly mother was diagnosed with a terminal cancer six months after receiving the covid vaccine. Let's just blame everything on the vaccines?

Millions of people (er, scared sheep?) in the US (probably over 200M) have been vaccinated. If the vaccine is such a killer, then why haven't we seen millions of deaths? Or is there some data that indicates that is yet to come?
    This has been discussed recently. Look it up.

I noticed last night on the state media they showed a frame with 8 pictures of the people murdered in Buffalo by that lunatic.

Weren't there 10?

Why did they leave out the first victim and the other victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    And herein lies the critical difference; your evidence must be undisputable in order to justify approving a medical treatment, while my anecdotes only need to be plausible or circumstantially supported.

The burden of proof is on the person attempting to prove the vaccines are safe.
    The burden of proof is much lower if the treatment is OPTIONAL and what proof there is, is openly available.

They forced everyone to take this shit on threat of losing their jobs, education, and livelihoods. They didn't have any open panels discussing the research that supposedly backs up the product(s).

And everyone forgot that 1 out of every 4 Big Pharma products are pulled from the market AFTER ALREADY HAVING RECIEVED APPROVAL.

Everyone forgot big pharma is not your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    OK. I left libertarianism behind for the most part when I realized that a system which is predicated upon individual judgement having equal weight to any other individual judgement, is to be used to combat the errors produced by individual judgement was inherently flawed and completely illogical. I also realized that libertarianism was wholly unequipped to actually do anything that would establish, but more importantly maintain this sort of non-egalitarian yet egalitarian social order. Libertarians effectively say that they will fight human nature with human nature. The philosophy is structurally contradictory. Once you start picking at that flower, all the petals start to fall out. All men must serve someone.

"This is not 'nam, Donny; there are rules."
    What do you mean by natural law?

OK. I left libertarianism behind
    Your loss.

All men must serve someone.
    A relic of the old bicameral mind. Ironically, it's that mode of thinking which is outdated, and unnecessary. If you're not a reader, and you still want to see how this plays out, check out the T.V. show Westworld. Otherwise, I recommend Jaynes' book, The Origins Of Consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    A guy I know is trying to sue Pfizer because his elderly mother was diagnosed with a terminal cancer six months after receiving the covid vaccine. Let's just blame everything on the vaccines?

Millions of people (er, scared sheep?) in the US (probably over 200M) have been vaccinated. If the vaccine is such a killer, then why haven't we seen millions of deaths? Or is there some data that indicates that is yet to come?
    Why are you using millions of deaths as a threshold? "Millions of deaths" by now would, at the very least, be a rapid 1% death rate. That would be obscenely higher than the death rate for COVID across all populations. The real question is, does it kill more than covid in a given demographic. For groups like children, I think it is indisputable that it does, and is also a clear case of democide.

Take a look at the Congress-thing at the end of this clip.

This thing is certifiably insane. And yet they're elected to office by "We The People?" Seems unlikely to me.

You got CAUGHT! - YouTube

OK. I left libertarianism behind for the most part when I realized that a system which is predicated upon individual judgement having equal weight to any other individual judgement, is to be used to combat the errors produced by individual judgement was inherently flawed and completely illogical. I also realized that libertarianism was wholly unequipped to actually do anything that would establish, but more importantly maintain this sort of non-egalitarian yet egalitarian social order. Libertarians effectively say that they will fight human nature with human nature. The philosophy is structurally contradictory. Once you start picking at that flower, all the petals start to fall out. All men must serve someone.

"This is not 'nam, Donny; there are rules."

Cannot find the original replay since this forum is (thankfully) so active, but pretty sure these subsequent responses were spurred by a question posed to me.

The questioner stated his political beliefs as unequivocally Libertarian but I doubt that. All Libertarians out there can find policy preferences that are hypocritical to their Core Principles, but if you're feeling particularly obstinate just consider the [traditional] school vaccine mandates: where were YOU, responder to my post, or Libertarians in general, on this issue?

So my position is that all of us hold some hypocritical positions in relation to our political beliefs - yes, ALL of us- and the common denominator of these incongruencies is culture and history.

The fatal flaw of American patriots, which IMHO has contributed mightily to the destruction of our great country, is trying to use Logic and Reason to defend all of our positions. It's really no less crazy than the Left trotting out Scienceъ to defend itself. I've pointed out to Rip and others here how futile it is to logically explain why the COVID madness is wrong when our culture and history are enough to justify destroying those measures. Forgive me if I'm repeating myself but this approach has helped me understand how patriotic and Rightъ, it is that Putin doesn't apologize for Russia's Stalinist past.

(And that last point segues into how crazy we Westerners are to constantly structure our socities around these concepts of blame, guilt, and justice, but that's for another day)

My comment about the axes for plotting your society's trajectory and direction on its path to destruction was this:
    If you both:

Are trying to create laws to convince people to accept God-given truths and natural laws (Florida outlawing sex-ed for elementary-schoolers)
    AND
    Are trying to create laws to force people to accept violations of natural law (e.g., transgenders in sports)
    AND ESPECIALLY
    Can no longer expect your citizens to accept your culture and nature's history as a basis for explaining your political hypocrises,

Then your society is on a very fast trajectory towards self-implosion.

Hope that's clearer. What are your thoughts?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    McCullough publicly corrected himself on reinfection with Omicron.
    Didn't know that thanks. And I did test positive. Folks at CVS tested me while I was in the room. A part of me wanted them to bc I wanted to test negative, and have just a plain old cold. No dice.

And to the poster above who replied also, I promise - I am not a hypochondriac. I am well aware that colds and flus have been around. I was just sharing some frustration with the board, and some of it was misguided (ie, the McCullough part).