starting strength gym
Page 2180 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11801680208021302170217821792180218121822190223022802680 ... LastLast
Results 21,791 to 21,800 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    So my position is that all of us hold some hypocritical positions in relation to our political beliefs - yes, ALL of us- and the common denominator of these incongruencies is culture and history.
    The first question would be: what am I hypocritical about? What specific position of mine in my life is hypocritical to the ideas I espouse here and elsewhere? If you're being honest, the correct answer is "I don't know". Usually, as a cover for one's own failings, these sorts of statements are followed by "I don't know, but... you *must* be hypocritical about something", with the unstated finish to that sentence being "... because I'm hypocritical about X". I think it reveals more about the one making the assertion than it does about the one it's aimed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    I think it was the correct guidance given what was known at the time.
    At the very least data that supported this notion were emphasized and data that contradicted it were not emphasized.
    So, you consider guidance “correct” even if it ignores major findings, (known at the time, yet as you say, “not emphasized”), which can (and, in fact, soon did) undermine the main claims? Could it have been more “correct” if these findings were incorporated?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Cold Fusion is the perfect example for illustrating that science ethics runs the gamut from utter and ground breaking legitimacy, like Luis Alvarez’s (a Nobel laureate) discovery of muon catalyzed fusion in the 1950’s to the Pons and Fleischmann controversial announcement in the late 1980’s, and current conferences and chatter for LENR , low energy nuclear reactions. The carrot on the stick is enormous - infinite clean energy. The biggest sharks in the water LOVE carrots. Who knew?

I work from the fringes on this topic and, again, it is not a landscape of lolipops. Furthermore, everyone in this vast field is hypersensitive to scientific fraud.
    Do not forget that it goes both ways and that fraudsters exist on both sides of the claim. When the stakes are that large, there are incentives to only to claim it for yourself, but to keep others from getting it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If 1 million people die from COVID_19, I owe you $10,000
    Both reported COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths in the USA since the start of the pandemic have now passed the 1M mark.

Half of the excess deaths occurred prior to mid-January 2021, i.e. prior to any vaccines being deployed.

Are you going to honor your word?

Excess deaths in US top 1M since COVID-19 pandemic start: report | Fox News

U.S. Surpasses One Million Covid-19 Deaths - WSJ

And what was the price, and who expects anything to be impervious? What we have now is a slowly-unfolding disaster, the likes of which no one has ever seen, amid a population of sheep who are especially happy to do anything they're told to do. Has it occurred to you that "a population with fairly robust immunity" was not the objective? We have thrown 2 centuries of public health experience in the trash -- why? Do you see why some of us might be suspicious?

Maybe you do.

I'm going to ask you to consider the possibility that "knowing a lot more" about this was not the point, and was never the point. What about the conduct of the public health officials involved in this disaster has indicated to you that logic and reason were in operation with respect to the management of a public health crisis? Quite literally everything that could have been done wrong was done wrong, and that's very hard to attribute to simple ignorance.
    I'll just share my naive opinion about this guy.

Why is anyone still wasting their time with this guy? I've read the discussion. It's pointless, he keeps covering his ass and not share any opinion or data worth anything. Whenever you put him in a corner he comes up with "I don't know", "probably", "possibly", which I guess to him is a sign of humility and intelligence, but smells like BS to me.

He talks about "guidance" when referring to the coercion young people suffered about getting vaccinated, and still remains ambiguous when considering if it should be done now, and I guess lockdowns/masks/denied visits/denied travel/closure of businesses/psychological traumas are under "guidance" in his dictionary as well.

He uses soft language, that means he's hiding something, and that something is his actual opinion about this, which is indifference as long as he keeps his job.

He will never admit the uselessness of PCR testing, the bribing of hospitals in exchange for covid death certificates, and the overall corruption that supports every official claim ever made about covid or the obvious career/money incentive behind mass media and big pharma. He will never doubt ANY vaccine unless given permission to do so.

He will rely on detailed specific technical exposition to avoid the big elephant in the room. He will never admit that covid, or ANY other virus, is not worth what was done to our countries and the people in it. Everything is always going to be something he doesn't know or something that could or could not be and he will eventually agree with some of the points someone makes just to play it safe and keep the useless discussion going.

What's even the point in asking him to explain things as if he was in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "going after Stalin" or this idea that Russians are authoritarian assholes? Do you not live in Russia? I am certainly not "going after" Stalin, or if I am, it is purely because I think he was far too lax with the westernized human filth that came to be known as the great "eastern" intellectuals, like Solzhenitzin.

Jovan, I have no desire to squabble with you over minute details. Yes I'm living in Russia and have become a 100% Russophile. Rip can share my IP addresses for proof lol.

Perhaps I misunderstood your response to my post about admiration for Russia for not apologizing for Every Damn Victory over others from its past.
    I interpreted your response as:

You fired back that many Russians/Eastern Europeans are NEGATIVE about Stalinism, when I stated that Russians are neutral or positive about this past, which I posited leads to much stronger social cohesion and patriotism.

Why did you bring up the apologist portion of the Russian population (which EVERY NATION has, but which I think Russia does a much better job of keeping on the fringes of public discourse); why was that so important to specify, if you yourself do not find him and the other "dirty" parts of Russia's history repulsive? Who cares if a sizable minority wants its government to apologize for its past, if we've demonstrated that such policies destroy societies and Patriotism in the youth?
    (Have I demonstrated that well enough?)

I will not go on about this further if that is not why you brought up that some Russians are ashamed of Stalin.

But if that's not why, can you explain the reason for your clarification further, and whether you think it should justify Russia changing course and APOLOGIZING and offering RECOURSE and REPARATIONS for the harm their past leaders caused? Cause that would be societal masochism and insane, IMHO.

Do you see why some of us might be suspicious?
    I do. You asked what my motivations for posting here were, and this is part of it. Conversations like this one are important, and it's important to consider why people have the views that they have...to not just write people off as alarmist or evil or stupid or greedy or whatever. I see it...I just don't arrive at the same conclusion.

I'm going to ask you to consider the possibility that "knowing a lot more" about this was not the point, and was never the point.
    Ok. What is the point then?

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    Both reported COVID-19 deaths and excess deaths in the USA since the start of the pandemic have now passed the 1M mark.

Half of the excess deaths occurred prior to mid-January 2021, i.e. prior to any vaccines being deployed.

Are you going to honor your word?

Excess deaths in US top 1M since COVID-19 pandemic start: report | Fox News

U.S. Surpasses One Million Covid-19 Deaths - WSJ
    You expect to get paid $10,000 on the strength of 2 propaganda pieces from the state media? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I'll just share my naive opinion about this guy.

Why is anyone still wasting their time with this guy? I've read the discussion. It's pointless, he keeps covering his ass and not share any opinion or data worth anything. Whenever you put him in a corner he comes up with "I don't know", "probably", "possibly", which I guess to him is a sign of humility and intelligence, but smells like BS to me.

He talks about "guidance" when referring to the coercion young people suffered about getting vaccinated, and still remains ambiguous when considering if it should be done now, and I guess lockdowns/masks/denied visits/denied travel/closure of businesses/psychological traumas are under "guidance" in his dictionary as well.

He uses soft language, that means he's hiding something, and that something is his actual opinion about this, which is indifference as long as he keeps his job.

He will never admit the uselessness of PCR testing, the bribing of hospitals in exchange for covid death certificates, and the overall corruption that supports every official claim ever made about covid or the obvious career/money incentive behind mass media and big pharma. He will never doubt ANY vaccine unless given permission to do so.

He will rely on detailed specific technical exposition to avoid the big elephant in the room. He will never admit that covid, or ANY other virus, is not worth what was done to our countries and the people in it. Everything is always going to be something he doesn't know or something that could or could not be and he will eventually agree with some of the points someone makes just to play it safe and keep the useless discussion going.

What's even the point in asking him to explain things as if he was in charge?
    That's pretty succinct, Frank. Hard to argue with this summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Ok. What is the point then?
    Here's the rest of the statement:

What about the conduct of the public health officials involved in this disaster has indicated to you that logic and reason were in operation with respect to the management of a public health crisis? Quite literally everything that could have been done wrong was done wrong, and that's very hard to attribute to simple ignorance.
    Frank is right on the money:

I see no point in continuing to try to engage with Dr. Grantham.

The point is to evince, not convince. Readers are the ones being convinced.

starting strength coach development program
    Phase II of the reorganization begins:

Monkeypox: "Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me", by Mike Whitney - The Unz Review

“I can’t believe it’s monkey-pox season already and I haven’t even taken my Ukrainian decorations down.” Robin Monotti
    US buys millions of Monkeypox vaccines after Massachusetts case

The Us has ordered 13 million additional doses of the monkeypox vaccine after a Massachusetts man contracted the rare — but potentially severe — virus, officials said Thursday.

The massive $119 million order of Jynneos jabs — which can be used to treat both the monkeypox virus and smallpox — was created by the biotechnology company Bavarian Nordic, according to Newsweek.
    Isn't it fascinating to sit here, helpless, and watch western civilization cut off its own balls?

__________________________________________________ ________

This needs a bump: COVID UPDATE: What is the truth? - PMC