starting strength gym
Page 2182 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11821682208221322172218021812182218321842192223222822682 ... LastLast
Results 21,811 to 21,820 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Fair enough. It's your world Coach. I'm easy to find if someone wants to have a real conversation.
    That’s rich, coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I never said nor intimated that Russians are negative about Stalin. I even said they were positive about him. I just said that this positive attitude has nothing to do with patriotism, but with practical reasons. I mean, a lot of people have read Generalplan Ost, so of course they are gonna favor the guy who prevented it from happening. You seem to be interpreting what I say as the opposite of what I say. I suspect you do the same when you try to understand the Russian attitude towards many things.

Explain it to me like I'm five, Jovan. Just say it straight so there's no room for misinterpretation.

Here; I'll go first: Stalin was NOT just the lesser of two evils, and the Russians weren't/aren't an oppressed people who needed rescuing, from Stalin or the German Nazis or even Putin.

I think we're going to have a hard time analyzing whether the Russian approach of lack of regret for your historical past or the Western approach of apologies, reparations, and restitution for the people and ideologies you defeated last century leads to stronger societies and more Patriotism, if we cannot agree on a common definition for those terms. It seems like your definition of a strong society is more cosmopolitan and fits quite nicely with the West's, and so it drives you crazy that I would propose that people are NOT outraged over Russia's past, and would even choose a Putin over a tolerant man such as Navalny.

If your definition of "Russian attitude" is that of the cosmopolitan comads who attend these Navalny protests, then yes, I am misunderstanding what Patriotic Russians want.

But anyways man, please just cut to the chase: regardless of how many citizens (dis)agree with it, does limiting criticism of and restitution for your country's past create stronger or weaker societies, and more or less patriotic youth?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    It seems like your definition of a strong society is more cosmopolitan and fits quite nicely with the West's, and so it drives you crazy that I would propose that people are NOT outraged over Russia's past, and would even choose a Putin over a tolerant man such as Navalny.
    Why the hell would it drive me crazy? This is exactly what I said, Russians are largely pro Stalin and pro USSR, as are most of the people in the former Eastern Bloc. You are all into patriotism, which I am trying to tell you does not play the major role you think it does. Patriotism in Russia means "it is probably smarter to stick to our own guys, because the white people clearly want to kill us all off", not this cultural and historical thing you are into. But whatever man, if you are jumping to the conclusion that I am a Navalny supporter, we probably have very little to talk about and we are just poisoning the thread. So ok, Russians are patriotic, America is falling apart because of a lack of patriotism or whatever. We can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I seriously doubt that this monkey thing is the next pandemic. They have already said it is transmitted exclusively through anal sex, and anal sex is the regime’s preferred kind of sex. What are they gonna do, declare a pandemic and advise people to only do it missionary style? I remember a bunch of leaflets from the British Isles advising everyone to do it doggy style with masks on and no kissing in order not to catch the Covid bug in 2020....
    I agree with Ed Dowd from the interview that Gilead posted:
    -They need a reason to implement mail-in voting again before the US elections
    -They need a distraction from the economic collapse
    -They need further reason to tighten/globalize government control

Monkey Pox (although it will probably not be dangerous for the vast majority of people) will help them accomplish all of these goals.

They already have treatments lined up from a company owned by one of Epstein's close associates.
    The presentation of Monkey Pox can look similar to conditions like herpes or bullous pemphigoid, the occurrence of which has increased since mass covid vaccinations were implemented. PCR tests can confirm these unrelated conditions to be Monkey Pox.

Frontiers | Bullous Pemphigoid Associated With COVID-19 Vaccines: An Italian Multicentre Study | Medicine

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    ...You fired back that many Russians/Eastern Europeans are NEGATIVE about Stalinism, when I stated that Russians are neutral or positive about this past, which I posited leads to much stronger social cohesion and patriotism....
    I will not go on about this further if that is not why you brought up that some Russians are ashamed of Stalin.
    You two might be making the same points in different ways.

The way the Chinse currently view Mao is this:
    70% of what he did was good and 30% bad.
    He must be revered as a national hero, even by descendants of those he murdered.
    Patriotism is pragmatic from a geopolitical standpoint.

Unprecedented: US Air Force To Join Israelis In Mock Attack On Iran

These fucking lunatics are trying to get us all killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    We all want to believe doctors and scientists are superior beings with intentions as pure as the driven snow.
    We all want to respect them.
    However, their conduct must be questioned and when they are at fault, they must be held accountable.
    In many cases we have not been allowed to question them and they are living without accountability.

Many doctors and scientists in 2020 are trying to use their educational certificates as a titles of nobility.
    They lock themselves away in ivory towers, demand unquestioning loyalty, worship and tribute.
    They are not royalty and they cannot be treated as such.
    They are fallible creatures.

Grantham may have a knowledge of the science, but I do not believe he is discussing this topic in good faith.
    Maybe it is habit from a well-practiced career; he words his arguments with just enough ambiguity to cover his ass or wriggle out of answering when he is wrong.

As I see more and more people around me dying, debilitated or unwell after untested vaccine, lockdown and tyranny, I have very little patience for disingenuous characters, like Mr. Grantham.
    In the eyes of the law, an accomplice is also culpable.

It wasn't long ago Bill Gates said our next global pandemic could/would be smallpox related.
    I completely agree, Yngvi. That’s why I was careful with my wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I agree with Ed Dowd from the interview that Gilead posted:
    -They need a reason to implement mail-in voting again before the US elections
    -They need a distraction from the economic collapse
    -They need further reason to tighten/globalize government control

Monkey Pox (although it will probably not be dangerous for the vast majority of people) will help them accomplish all of these goals.

They already have treatments lined up from a company owned by one of Epstein's close associates.
    The presentation of Monkey Pox can look similar to conditions like herpes or bullous pemphigoid, the occurrence of which has increased since mass covid vaccinations were implemented. PCR tests can confirm these unrelated conditions to be Monkey Pox.

Frontiers | Bullous Pemphigoid Associated With COVID-19 Vaccines: An Italian Multicentre Study | Medicine

You two might be making the same points in different ways.

The way the Chinse currently view Mao is this:
    70% of what he did was good and 30% bad.
    He must be revered as a national hero, even by descendants of those he murdered.
    Patriotism is pragmatic from a geopolitical standpoint.
    It is quite interesting that the US has (at my last check) less than 5 current MP cases. Maybe that’s changed, I didn’t look before posting.

In 2003 there were ~70 MP cases. But that was back when “cases” meant what it is supposed to mean. Amazingly, humanity survived.

Just wait until we have a MP PCR test.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Unprecedented: US Air Force To Join Israelis In Mock Attack On Iran

These fucking lunatics are trying to get us all killed.
    I guess they think that if we're in a 3-theatre war in November, the Democrats get to stay in the House and Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    It is quite interesting that the US has (at my last check) less than 5 current MP cases. Maybe that’s changed, I didn’t look before posting.

In 2003 there were ~70 MP cases. But that was back when “cases” meant what it is supposed to mean. Amazingly, humanity survived.

Just wait until we have a MP PCR test.
    They know what most people will do, since the demonstration worked so well. Now, how do we fight monkey pox and a 3-theatre war at the same time? I know we have lots and lots of money, and there's never been more gas and oil available to make airplanes and trucks and tanks go, even for these geniuses this is going to be quite a trick. Mark Milley has this figured out, I guess. But it sure seems as though we could use all that shit we left in Afghanistan right now.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I guess they think that if we're in a 3-theatre war in November, the Democrats get to stay in the House and Senate.

They know what most people will do, since the demonstration worked so well. Now, how do we fight monkey pox and a 3-theatre war at the same time? I know we have lots and lots of money, and there's never been more gas and oil available to make airplanes and trucks and tanks go, even for these geniuses this is going to be quite a trick. Mark Milley has this figured out, I guess. But it sure seems as though we could use all that shit we left in Afghanistan right now.
    Man when I first read this I kinda chuckled. Then I realized you were dead on.

Has there ever really been a time when the US has been in such a precarious position? Ineptitude is the standard now.

And don’t get me wrong, when the jig is up, I have faith in our war fighters.