starting strength gym
Page 2186 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11861686208621362176218421852186218721882196223622862686 ... LastLast
Results 21,851 to 21,860 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How is it that you don't understand that all the bullshit associated with COVID was done congruently with the "case rate"? Does this really need to be explained to you -- that the activities in "response to the virus" coincided with the bullshit data that generated brand new waves of "cases" of the virus? You're not reading the article I just linked.
    This just isn't the case. I literally just provided the vaccination numbers, which didn't even start until half of the excess deaths had happened. Nor did mask-wearing mandates or lockdown orders come in "waves" that tracked infection rates. If you believe they did, please provide data. And I did quickly read that article, but it's so obviously not a reliable source of information that vetting all the claims it makes would take forever. Even I'm not willing to do that.

Just to throw some people under the bus: I'd be interested in what Barry and Shiva have to say on this topic. I disagree with much of what they write, but I still consider them capable of having a rational discussion with. And I suspect their take will mean more to you than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by lazygun37 View Post
    And I did quickly read that article, but it's so obviously not a reliable source of information that vetting all the claims it makes would take forever. Even I'm not willing to do that.
    Right. Obviously. Your data is reliable, and mine is not. Because you are a Doctor.

I don't know what you mean by "correcting for" age and existing conditions. Deaths are deaths.

Of the reported 1 million excess deaths, were they equally distributed by age and independent of health in proportion to those populations? If yes, no further corrections (like a changing age distribution from the previous year) are needed.

This just isn't the case. I literally just provided the vaccination numbers, which didn't even start until half of the excess deaths had happened. Nor did mask-wearing mandates or lockdown orders come in "waves" that tracked infection rates. If you believe they did, please provide data. And I did quickly read that article, but it's so obviously not a reliable source of information that vetting all the claims it makes would take forever. Even I'm not willing to do that.

Just to throw some people under the bus: I'd be interested in what Barry and Shiva have to say on this topic. I disagree with much of what they write, but I still consider them capable of having a rational discussion with. And I suspect their take will mean more to you than mine.
    What in the actual hell are you talking about?

I live in Italy, and EVERY SINGLE TIME that restrictions were introduced, the cases went up. Lockdowns and masks from February till may of 2020, and the covid disappeared in the summer, where there were no restrictions. Than they blamed schools and the Indian variant or whatever, and October through march of 2021 we had colored zones, which was an alternative name for lockdowns, and masks again, also protests were blamed for cases rising.
    Then in January of 2021 the vaccine was introduced but cases didn't go down until the beginning of summer. Then the green pass was introduced August 6th and magically cases started to rise again and in Autumn boom we got omicron, protests, green pass getting more severe, ffp2 masks were introduced, and by new years they actually convinced all vaccinated people to test themselves and EVERYONE tested positive. They needed an extra few months for the green pass to be seen as useful I guess, until now when they dropped almost everything.

There was NEVER a time where restrictions disappeared and cases rose, definitely not deaths. I don't know about the US, but it's not the whole world you know.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post

This is sad as shit, sorry, but it was very weird how it all happened in less than a year.
    Mabye there is some fault in the covid response, but I'm not sure. Just wanted ti share this.
    Sorry man. They say it comes in waves but I think it comes in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Right. Obviously. Your data is reliable, and mine is not. Because you are a Doctor.
    Well, coming back to this thread was about as useful and as much fun as I thought it would be.

You have really convinced yourself that this "information" in this crazy article is somehow equivalent to -- or even more reliable than -- basic, verifiable mortality statistics, right? I honestly don't know why I thought there might be a chance you would rationally engage with any evidence that conflicts with your beliefs, no matter how clear cut.

Oh well, maybe there are some lurkers who will find this shit show of a "discussion" illuminating, even if it is for all the wrong reasons.

You'll be pleased to hear that's it for me again... Enjoy the diversity of thought you cultivate on the board.

By the way: if you ever come to accept that >1M in the US have died from COVID, how about you donate the $10,000 you owe to whatever is the top-rated charity at the time on The Life You Can Save?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I'll give my own experience, and it could very well be a coincidence.
    I've never lost family members growing up.
    I have lost 3 of my grandparents in less than a year, they were all inside different facilities.
    One of them had a stroke, kinda recovered and then died. He wasn't vaccinated because of the stroke I believe.
    The other one had had Alzheimer's for the past few years, he wasn't in bad shape, but they told us he fell, and apparently he had only hurt his femur, but they quickly found out he had brain trauma as well, so they hypothesized he beat his head as well, and that's how he went. I think he didn't get vaccinated too, but I' m not sure.
    My grandma was kept in a nice hospice up in the mountains, I believe she did recieve the vaccine, but she basically died of sarcopenia, after a few years of battling psychological issues and what not. I went to see her and she was just laying there, looking like a skeleton with skin on basically, her muscles being so weak she couldn't even swallow food.

This is sad as shit, sorry, but it was very weird how it all happened in less than a year.
    Mabye there is some fault in the covid response, but I'm not sure. Just wanted ti share this.
    I'm really sorry to hear this man.

Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?

Rip, what data could lead you to agree that 1 million people had died from covid? Would it take 1 million autopsy reports that listed Covid as sole cause (i.e. without any co-morbidities) or something else?

I'm mainly interested from the perspective of scientific method and data collection/analysis perspectives and their usefulness in contested policy debates.

starting strength coach development program
    My question is, in this era of bullshit, is this even Monkeypox? Or is this some sort of weird, shingles-like reaction to the vaxes and boosters? I remember those signs in only the classiest of tote-sum stores of my youth, "In God we trust, all others pay cash." I'm feeling that a lot these days. I wanna see receipts on all their claims now.

Quote Originally Posted by moose365 View Post
    I can tell you without looking that 17 yr old gang bangers knocking old folks in the head for their cash and then getting shot by another banger are included in their tally.
    If we are so concerned about school shooting and mass killings why are we not taking animal abuse seriously?
    When Luke Woodham shot up Pearl High School he did so after having tortured the dog to death. So did the Columbine kids. It's such a reliable indicator. Cops did jack about Woodham. They don't want to solve these issues because then, how will they further subjugate us?
    -You aren't supposed to have a gun on school property most places.
    - Can't sell guns to kids.
    There are plenty of gun laws already why not maybe try enforcing what they have rather than throw a fit about the rest of us having them? Or here's a thought- why not try leaving tax paying citizens alone and actually enforce some shit that matters? Perhaps if you got the cops off crap like weed and prostitution and whether or not Becky has mowed her lawn this week they could concentrate on the fact that some little dipshit at the school is torturing his grandma's cat. I'm just sick to fucking death of this "oh the children" line when nobody gives a shit to do anything that isn't involving taking away rights from those who have never misused them. What's next? Take away our cars because we might hit a kid with one? I'd like to ask how far do the leftists wanna go with this shit but after the whole Covid lockdown I'm afraid of the answer.