starting strength gym
Page 2188 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11881688208821382178218621872188218921902198223822882688 ... LastLast
Results 21,871 to 21,880 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    I keep reading that the Texas shooter was in the school for between 40 and 60 minutes. I’ve read that he was “engaged” by one school officer and 2 police before entering the school but they did not stop him or fire on him. Also that police were standing outside the school while he was in there for 40-60 minutes shooting children and that it was an off duty border patrol officer that went in and shot him. I know that initial information in these cases is often incorrect, but if any of this is true, it’s sickening. Can some of the law enforcement on this board explain what is going on here?

Elite Special Forces Border Agent shot and killed Salvador Ramos… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    Best to wait a couple more days, since it's the media reporting this, and they lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    My question is, in this era of bullshit, is this even Monkeypox? Or is this some sort of weird, shingles-like reaction to the vaxes and boosters? I remember those signs in only the classiest of tote-sum stores of my youth, "In God we trust, all others pay cash." I'm feeling that a lot these days. I wanna see receipts on all their claims now.

I can tell you without looking that 17 yr old gang bangers knocking old folks in the head for their cash and then getting shot by another banger are included in their tally.
    If we are so concerned about school shooting and mass killings why are we not taking animal abuse seriously?
    When Luke Woodham shot up Pearl High School he did so after having tortured the dog to death. So did the Columbine kids. It's such a reliable indicator. Cops did jack about Woodham. They don't want to solve these issues because then, how will they further subjugate us?
    -You aren't supposed to have a gun on school property most places.
    - Can't sell guns to kids.
    There are plenty of gun laws already why not maybe try enforcing what they have rather than throw a fit about the rest of us having them? Or here's a thought- why not try leaving tax paying citizens alone and actually enforce some shit that matters? Perhaps if you got the cops off crap like weed and prostitution and whether or not Becky has mowed her lawn this week they could concentrate on the fact that some little dipshit at the school is torturing his grandma's cat. I'm just sick to fucking death of this "oh the children" line when nobody gives a shit to do anything that isn't involving taking away rights from those who have never misused them. What's next? Take away our cars because we might hit a kid with one? I'd like to ask how far do the leftists wanna go with this shit but after the whole Covid lockdown I'm afraid of the answer.
    Shingles as an adverse effect from the vax is an interesting observation/theory, then blame it on something else; seems about how these bad actors have been operating the past couple of years.

Let's not forget to watch for these types of anomalies and try to figure out what's really going on versus what the state media spouts to the masses. Kinda like myocarditis, strokes, and heart attacks in young healthy people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Best to wait a couple more days, since it's the media reporting this, and they lie.
    If any of it is true, give the teachers the right to carry a weapon (with proper training and practice) and this tale has a way different ending.

Full disclosure - I worked at schools that implemented the above and the training is legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It must be a terrible experience believing that everything is a conspiracy and not engaging with reality.

I keep reading that the Texas shooter was in the school for between 40 and 60 minutes. I’ve read that he was “engaged” by one school officer and 2 police before entering the school but they did not stop him or fire on him. Also that police were standing outside the school while he was in there for 40-60 minutes shooting children and that it was an off duty border patrol officer that went in and shot him. I know that initial information in these cases is often incorrect, but if any of this is true, it’s sickening. Can some of the law enforcement on this board explain what is going on here?

Elite Special Forces Border Agent shot and killed Salvador Ramos… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    I know that, up here in Canada, courts have actually determined that police are under no obligation to risk their own lives to save yours. Not sure if the same applies down there, and it’s obviously up to the individual officers, but ……

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I like this guy, he showed some real balls in the past two years.
    Classic Avi Yemini trolling of UN Special Envoy for Climate Action Mark Carney

From the snippets I've seen, and given they're having trouble establishing a clear timeline (not at all uncommon without sufficient witnesses and/or camera coverage), I'm going to make a loose speculation:

Shooter was already barricaded in a classroom by the time officers responded on scene, and the presence of hostages could not be established. The rest of the school was likely evacuated, and their handling of scene security wasn't great from a PR angle, but likely tactically sound. With cellphones and live streaming, you really can't say anything because you don't know who's watching. You also don't know how many threats may exist, and you have an active scene you're trying to manage. Closest SRT/SWAT was probably BORTAC, and they made entry/breached once said presence was cleared or exigent circumstances prompted them to do so (gunshots, threats to shoot a hostage imminently, etc.).

I know nothing, but that's my best scientific wild-ass guess.

If it's true, similar situations have happened before and I recall seeing a decent explanation about it somewhere. I believe it has to do with the responding officers department's orders. Basically the trade off of securing the area and isolating while waiting for backup, as opposed to going in immediately against an unknown number of gunmen who also may then escape. Different counties and departments have different rules but I only vaguely remember what I read so take it with a grain of salt.
    I don't believe he was actually in there shooting kids for 40-60 minutes, that smells like fake news.

Reading the linked AP article (and assuming it's accurate) it makes these points:

"After entering the school, Ramos charged into one classroom and began to kill.

He “barricaded himself by locking the door and just started shooting children and teachers that were inside that classroom,” Lt. Christopher Olivarez of the Department of Public Safety told CNN. “It just shows you the complete evil of the shooter.”

All those killed were in the same classroom, he said"

So he wasn't moving through the school, he was in a room with an unknown number of hostages. That's probably why they waited.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I will be stealing this sir.
    Have at it. Enjoy!