starting strength gym
Page 2189 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 11891689208921392179218721882189219021912199223922892689 ... LastLast
Results 21,881 to 21,890 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Berry View Post
    If any of it is true, give the teachers the right to carry a weapon (with proper training and practice) and this tale has a way different ending.

Full disclosure - I worked at schools that implemented the above and the training is legitimate.
    Since the teachers no longer are allowed to control discipline in the classroom, they should absolutely be allowed to deal with the aftermath of the loss of that control.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    If it's true, similar situations have happened before and I recall seeing a decent explanation about it somewhere. I believe it has to do with the responding officers department's orders. Basically the trade off of securing the area and isolating while waiting for backup, as opposed to going in immediately against an unknown number of gunmen who also may then escape. Different counties and departments have different rules but I only vaguely remember what I read so take it with a grain of salt.
    I don't believe he was actually in there shooting kids for 40-60 minutes, that smells like fake news.

Reading the linked AP article (and assuming it's accurate) it makes these points:

"After entering the school, Ramos charged into one classroom and began to kill.

He “barricaded himself by locking the door and just started shooting children and teachers that were inside that classroom,” Lt. Christopher Olivarez of the Department of Public Safety told CNN. “It just shows you the complete evil of the shooter.”

All those killed were in the same classroom, he said"

So he wasn't moving through the school, he was in a room with an unknown number of hostages. That's probably why they waited.
    The media lies, and the Uvalde Police lie. We STILL don't know anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainame View Post
    It must be a terrible experience believing that everything is a conspiracy and not engaging with reality.
    Notice the similarity between this moron and the other 3guys. Different IP addresses.

I like how Gammon simplifies these concepts for people like me.
    Global Elite Just Revealed Plan To Control Your Money - YouTube

It must be a terrible experience believing that everything is a conspiracy and not engaging with reality.
    I have first hand experience as a propagandist and I can tell you without doubt that everything coming out of the media simply must be assumed to be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I have first hand experience as a propagandist and I can tell you without doubt that everything coming out of the media simply must be assumed to be a lie.
    I don't think you need to justify this. Anyone who is a grown up and thinks that media=reality is probably a waste of time.
    Especially after the past 2 years.

Plus, Sainame has been shitposting here before, he/she is probably just bored. Let's ignore these trolls and mabye they'll stop.

It’s an appreciably long pledge week for the loser club this season.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    OR they are epidemiologists. Which have become the gender studies M.A. degrees of science.
    This reminded me of happier days when all I had to be shitty about was epidemiologists claiming red meat and saturated fat had miraculously turned poisonous after thousands of years of humans digesting and thriving on it - which reminded me of the time that everyone's friend, the WHO, declared processed meat to be a group one carcinogen. I see it is now in group 2A, so someone from the bacon lobby must have greased some palms at one point.

Booster mandate is kicking in on my dirt patch and the only thing the unvaxxed can't do is work. Gov has just extended the Chief Health Officer's power to bend us over whenever he feels like it for the next 2 years, despite there being no official 'state of emergency'. Max fine for breaking any rule is $62k.

I have given up on humans in general. If society recovers at all, it will take many years to do so.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    Fair enough. It's your world Coach. I'm easy to find if someone wants to have a real conversation.
    I would like to know what we are all supposed to do going forward? Is Covid over? If not does it come back every "flu" season? Is everyone supposed to get a booster shot every fall? Do you still get one for the flu? Is the flu still a thing? How do they develop boosters fast enough to keep up with whatever Covid variant is around? Doesn't that cost a lot of money? Are they as ineffective as flu shots? What does it mean to be "vaccinated?" Does this apply to everyone? Does Covid affect everyone the same? What is the recovery rate from Covid?