starting strength gym
Page 2193 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 11931693209321432183219121922193219421952203224322932693 ... LastLast
Results 21,921 to 21,930 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I was reading on the great FB news feed that the Texas cops say that it was a bad move waiting in the hallway for like an hour before going in. Allegedly there were at least 19 there and at least 3 within two minutes of shooter firing 100 rounds.

My questions are did they really get there quickly or not? They don't normally get to places fast in my country.

Secondly, is this a deliberate false flag kind of thing? Your current federal government seems like it wouldn't have a problem with killing children. Were these guys told not to go in?

The infamous Port Arthur Massacre which led to Australia's total gun reforms has been suggested to have been that way.

On a personally positive note, my back is fine and has been for a while but my workers comp still hasn't cleared me which means I keep getting money even though my employer won't let me back cos I'm unvaccinated. I've had 7 months of weekly pay while not having to work and being capable of everyday activities. Kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    I thought what you described above is required of law enforcement personnel? Isn't there an oath to put the lives of innocent people above their own? Or is that just a guideline? Or is going in solo in that situation considered reckless?

If LEOs arrive on scene and kids are getting murdered, seems like the tactical decision should be to enter the room, even if it takes the lives of a few officers. Although no one knows really happened, I think that's what folks are complaining about. So the real story and explanation needs to be released.

Incidentally, this whole thing, like other school shootings, really smells like conspiracy, color revolution, anti-gun propaganda, etc. No whistleblowers yet, though.
    "I, David A. Rowe, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

"I am the backbone of the United States Marine Corps, I am a Marine Non-Commissioned Officer. I serve as part of the vital link between my command (and all officers) and enlisted Marines. I will demand of myself all the energy, knowledge and skills I possess, so that I can instill confidence in those I teach. I will constantly strive to perfect my own skills, and to become a good leader. Above all I will be truthful in all I say or do. My integrity shall be impeccable as my appearance. I will be honest with myself, and those under my charge and with my superiors. I pledge to do my best to incorporate all the leadership traits into my character. For such is the heritage I have received from that long, illustrious line of professionals who have worn the bloodstripe so proudly before me. I must give the very best I have for my Marines, my Corps and my Country for though today I instruct and supervise in peace, tomorrow, I may lead in war."

"As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safe-guard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life. I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill-will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession, Law Enforcement."

Those are the oaths and creeds I have sworn, though I was released from my obligations as a sergeant of Marines when I left the service. I still hold the first and the last, though, and keep them all in my heart. I have my ethics code frame so that I can look at it often.

I do not know what oaths others have sworn, and it isn't for me to hold theirs. It's up to them.

Also, let me air my grievances with another American line of thinking. "Die for your country." I thought Patton put that squarely to bed, but I suppose not. I do not intend to die for my family, friends, community, country, faith or ideals. I intend to devote myself to defending all of those things, and if the day comes where I am overwhelmed by the challenges of the situation and I am killed while exhausting all the means available to me or because I fail -- so be it. My intent, though, is to be the victor. Because I am a free man, and my life is owed to no one if I don't choose to give it.

How dare you, though, that you demand people make a suicidal charge into a situation on behalf of others. You have no authority over them. You don't even know them or the truth of the situation they faced. How about you square away yourself, first, before you demand the lives of others, and you let those who it actually concerns deal with the action or inaction of those actually involved?

There are many professions and ways of life that might demand more of someone than they can meet and survive, and many will fail or prove themselves cowards. If you don't like that, then swear the oaths and do the job yourself. There are a lot of jobs that need doing -- pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    Secondly, is this a deliberate false flag kind of thing? Your current federal government seems like it wouldn't have a problem with killing children. Were these guys told not to go in?
    First, we have no idea about what actually happened, because the agencies involved -- especially the Uvalde PD (I have this firsthand) -- are liars as a matter of normal procedure. Second, you are right and I'm glad you said it, the bulk of the current federal bureaucracy -- especially the law enforcement agencies -- would kill anybody they deemed needed killing, for any reason. Institutional psychopathy is the operating system, apparently deliberately put in place during the Obama Administration, but there for a while already, in situations like the Branch Davidian Compound and Ruby Ridge. Human beings are merely animate objects to these people. The closer you get to the top, the more evil the people, with evil filtering down the ranks a little more every day as they see it as a path to promotion. As you have seen.

If I were on the Uvalde PD, I'd be packing my shit and finding a highway right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi23 View Post
    I was reading on the great FB news feed that the Texas cops say that it was a bad move waiting in the hallway for like an hour before going in. Allegedly there were at least 19 there and at least 3 within two minutes of shooter firing 100 rounds.

My questions are did they really get there quickly or not? They don't normally get to places fast in my country.

I haven’t followed this story at all, but you simply have to assume all of these shootings are false flags of some kind, from this idea that the government organized the killing of a bunch of people to the events being completely staged.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    How dare you, though, that you demand people make a suicidal charge into a situation on behalf of others. You have no authority over them. You don't even know them or the truth of the situation they faced. How about you square away yourself, first, before you demand the lives of others, and you let those who it actually concerns deal with the action or inaction of those actually involved?
    Personally, I only request one thing from police in this situation:

If a father / husband approaches the waiting police outside of a school shooting and says "I'm prepared to die today if you'll just give me a chance to save my child (or wife) RIGHT NOW."...the police should hand him a rifle, show him the safety, how to reload...and let him go in.

We are not a warrior society, so this isn't acceptable behavior. We are a very careful society concerned about liability, minimizing risk, etc. Perhaps we should reconsider.

I was talking to some people last night, and I said that nothing pisses me off more than having my intelligence insulted. I'd rather be lied to or cheated or stolen from than be assumed to be stupid. Like I haven't had freshman chemistry, the way the left is promoting electricity without nuclear power, natural gas power, or coal power. Here's a tidy little piece that discusses the arithmetic, even though he's weak on the nuclear part (he's still a politician):

The Day the Electricity Died

__________________________________________________ _______________

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Personally, I only request one thing from police in this situation:

If a father / husband approaches the waiting police outside of a school shooting and says "I'm prepared to die today if you'll just give me a chance to save my child (or wife) RIGHT NOW."...the police should hand him a rifle, show him the safety, how to reload...and let him go in.
    With the instructions to not shoot the wrong people. That's the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    People are woefully uninformed on the profession, law and the policy of their agencies where they live. Even with my military experience and the fact that I had a lot of veteran and civilian LEO friends, I was also extremely uninformed before I went into the career. There is a certain amount of tragedy in the police-public interaction because of that gap. The two problems you mentioned are overwhelmingly driven by department policy and political/budgetary pressure from the local, county, state or federal government.

So, again. I'm not defending others, but allow me to offer some suggestions.

1. If you want to get a taste of critical scenario, try to find a department, academy or training facility who has a VirTra training setup and ask them if they will run you through it.

2. If you want to understand a little of what a typical LEOs day is like, request a ride along. See for yourself and inform your opinions further. Ask them questions, and if they are allowed to answer you may be surprised at the nuances of the answer. I did many ride-alongs leading up to my decision to switch careers.

3. Request a copy of your locals LEA's policy, and read it cover to cover. Ask about what you're interested in (ticket quotas, asset forfeiture, etc.).

4. Use resources like US Law, Case Law, Codes, Statutes & Regulations :: Justia Law to review state law. Find or ask for a copy of local ordinances. Review what your states criminal procedure entails, and brush up on constitutional law.

Here's the thing: That particular department's policy was to go in and save the children. In fact, many officers in the department completed an active shooter training 9 weeks prior. The officers were instructed in the training that, "A first responder unwilling to place the lives of the innocent above their own safety should consider another career field". Uvalde Cops Had ‘Active Shooter’ Training Just Weeks Before Elementary School Massacre | The Daily Wire

I'm not asking those LEOs to do something that they themselves knew they were being asked (and trained) to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

With the instructions to not shoot the wrong people. That's the hard part.
    Fair enough. So, the Dad then turns to the cop and says "That's fine. You think you could spare a lunch tray? I still want to go in."

If his child or spouse has been murdered, he's already dead. Let him go in.

I've read two examples where parents took matters into their own hands:

The police cuffed a mom. A policeman who knew her convinced them to uncuff her. She snuck away, jumped the fence, went into the school and rescued her kids.

HERO MOM of TWO KIDS Detained By Police During TX School Shooting Busts Free From Handcuffs...Runs Into School and Saves Kids After Begging Law Enforcement to Enter School

and

While getting a haircut, Man received text from his wife: "There’s an active shooter,” she allegedly said in the message “Help. I love you.” He grabs the barber's shotgun and rescued his wife and kid.

Border Patrol officer rushed into Uvalde school with barber’s shotgun to save daughter | The Independent

There was no supply shortage of people willing to die that day. Our society is simply incapable of matching up supply with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    Here's the thing: That particular department's policy was to go in and save the children. In fact, many officers in the department completed an active shooter training 9 weeks prior. The officers were instructed in the training that, "A first responder unwilling to place the lives of the innocent above their own safety should consider another career field". Uvalde Cops Had ‘Active Shooter’ Training Just Weeks Before Elementary School Massacre | The Daily Wire

I'm not asking those LEOs to do something that they themselves knew they were being asked (and trained) to do.
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. The other side to the coin is the officer who won't go in is also the officer who will be my backup if I get into the shit on a call or arrive on scene to an active shooter before them. I don't want them to drag ass, hesitate or refuse to go in either. I decided early on that I will be happy having my fellow officers judge me on one metric: if they are in the shit and call for backup on the radio, I hope they feel both relieved and get a second wind to fight through knowing I'm en route.

Also, again, what I posted was before all of this came out. I'm not faulting parents, officers or anyone else besides the shooter until I KNOW what happened. In this case, I certainly want to know because I'm in the business, and I would drastically prefer learning from others instead of making mistakes I can't afford.

It's the department's responsibility to fire officers who are unqualified for whatever reason if they won't resign. Policing will be better off for it.

There's no way I'm letting random people enter a scene until they're cleared to do so, though. There's no way I can verify their identity and qualifications. There are enough first responders who freeze up when there's chunks and pieces everywhere, and so long as society has made such my job then I'll do it. I know the officers I serve with will do the same, and I know they're going in before me, with me, or behind me.

First, we have no idea about what actually happened, because the agencies involved -- especially the Uvalde PD (I have this firsthand) -- are liars as a matter of normal procedure. Second, you are right and I'm glad you said it, the bulk of the current federal bureaucracy -- especially the law enforcement agencies -- would kill anybody they deemed needed killing, for any reason. Institutional psychopathy is the operating system, apparently deliberately put in place during the Obama Administration, but there for a while already, in situations like the Branch Davidian Compound and Ruby Ridge. Human beings are merely animate objects to these people. The closer you get to the top, the more evil the people, with evil filtering down the ranks a little more every day as they see it as a path to promotion. As you have seen.
    So, again... allow me to interject my point of view and hopefully add something meaningful. Don't consider it conspiracy. Consider, instead, that it's merely a confluence of interests and power. Conspiracies are complex and difficult to bring to fruition. Confluences of interests and power can arise suddenly, and those with aligned interests in power can capitalize on them. If those in power are possessed by the spirit of good intent with no guiding morals, then they are capable of doing anything. Not all of them are psycho- or sociopathic. Some must be True Believers -- justifying their means by the ends. It's the same sort of chaos and tyranny inherent with what I previously stated regarding incompetence and intent.

Incompetence, Power and Intent.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” -- C. S. Lewis

Regardless of a person's beliefs, proverbially, it seems to me this is the newest Tower of Babel. A unified governance of the world by the Elite coupled with the transhumanism of rapidly advancing technology. They attempt to ascend to godhood, but do not take the reality of human nature (or reality at all) into account because of their hubris. What follows behind men who try to make themselves into gods is Hell. The only solution left is for free men to hold to their morals, make themselves dangerous enough to defend what they love, and build what is true and good to replace what is collapsing into failure and death. There are no guarantees of success.

starting strength coach development program
    I was talking to some people last night, and I said that nothing pisses me off more than having my intelligence insulted. I'd rather be lied to or cheated or stolen from than be assumed to be stupid. Like I haven't had freshman chemistry, the way the left is promoting electricity without nuclear power, natural gas power, or coal power. Here's a tidy little piece that discusses the arithmetic.
    Here’s a careful critique of green enthusiasm in terms of energy density (the disparity is insurmountable - Denninger has said same). Start at 32:30.

Do Humans Have What it Takes to Thrive in the Universe - YouTube