starting strength gym
Page 2207 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12071707210721572197220522062207220822092217225723072707 ... LastLast
Results 22,061 to 22,070 of 30193

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    We’re farm animals. The governors are simply trying to maximize output based on continually lower input. We used to be more like a cow-calf operation, but we are steadily moving towards a hog farm production. The desired end result is a battery cage operation.
    The days when we (including the upper class) were viewed simply as cattle to be used and manipulated will be remembered as the good times.

The infamous Kissinger Report: https://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/Pcaab500.pdf

It is concerning global population control and covers topics such as:
    -The need for many of the efforts to be invisible to the public
    -The need to indoctrinate children
    -The need to indoctrinate local-level politicians and non-governmental leaders in society
    -The need for more totalitarian measures if they do not feel adequate progress is made towards lower population and climate change goals.

Klaus Schwab is one of Kissinger's disciples and was placed in a position of power by Kissinger himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    That’s a great video, thanks for sharing. I think in the case of Uvalde though, the odds of some officers knowing the building layout of an elementary school (maybe the only one) in a rural town are pretty good.
    Hit or miss, frankly. The bigger the area with a larger tax base, the more police it can afford. It can also afford more money in the budget for training which includes things like paying officers for their time to train. Smaller towns and sheriff's departments usually barely run enough people to keep patrol mostly filled, and usually have next to no money or time for training. If your kid doesn't go to that school, then you probably don't know it. Even then, do it know it inside and out? Every nook and cranny?

Rural/small town officers are also usually working one or two extra part time jobs, mowing lawns on the side, etc. to help keep the lights on. And that says nothing about the politics of police training at a school. There's still a lot of educators, school administrators, parents and politicians that don't want us doing that kind of stuff on the regular. Especially not with kids around.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    This makes sense. And it’s logical.

I’ve zero experience with this. I did find it interesting that the responding dept (from what I have seen, if legit info) had training on this exact scenario shortly prior to this incident and the training appears to be explicit about how they should act immediately. If true, it was the opposite of what was done. Hard to know what’s the truth, but it’s coming out that the entire office (field officers) had this training.

I don’t know man, I just feel like- speaking for me only- I’d have a hard time standing down when I could hear shots continuing inside a school. Especially with parents outside willing to go in themselves. I understand cops keeping parents from fucking things up IF they were actively in the building to waste the shooter, but by all accounts they weren’t. That is heartbreaking and fucked up.

They did themselves no favors by arresting (literal sense, not legal) parents trying to run in. People say the mother who went in had incredible courage but I don’t think so. I suspect courage had nothing to with it. I believe it was so instinctual for her to help her children that there was no option. This opinion assumes a definition of courage is being scared it doing it anyway.

Mike Monsoor dove on a grenade one day on a rooftop in Iraq to save his teammates. I doubt he thought “there’s a live grenade, I’m scared but I guess I’ll do this to help my friends”. I’ve often pondered his story as well as many others’ who have done these incredible selfless things. It happens in an instant. Something in them was instinctual. And they weren’t his kids.

Would anyone on this board with kids not die trying to protect them? Sincere question: if you had the chance but didn’t take it, would you just sit back and watch football next weekend?

I obviously know the answer to this question.

That said everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth. I am aware of that truth.

But live for nothing or die for something.

This being said, I ain’t runnin’ in no crack house if I hear gunshots.

Sorry for the diary post, this whole thing is so heartbreaking and bothers me a bit more than I expected. Perhaps it’s in part the deterioration of my regard for the police as an organization (note: not all individual cops).

I’ve got opinions on solving this- it involves more guns on school property not less. But teachers are so unstable, it’s not them who should be armed.
    I don't have good answers, man. I wish I did. It's a mix of all of that. Part of me wants to charge in and stop the threat without heed for my own safety, but there are other parts of me that know I need to be careful and proceed as trained. Namely, the parts of me called "husband" and "father."

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    1) Maybe we shouldn't have SWAT. Why do we have militarized police units? None of this nonsense existed until the 60s, when Americans were coincidentally stripped of national sovereignty and became a global police unit and economic migration zone.

Americans are supposed to just-figure-it-out. That's what we're supposed to be good at, not sitting around waiting on the cavalry. I mean, the guy who stopped this thing got a gun from his barber for fucks sake. That guy and his barber are worth more than every SWAT team in post-America. SWAT was sold to us for exactly these situations (we were fools to buy it), when in reality their number one function is no-kock raiding (accidentally spelled "no-knock" wrong, but I think I'll keep it).

2) Maybe the odds would be higher if the community policed it's own. I wonder what the average commute is for American police. Instead of holding parents back and treating them like a threat, they should be working with them to fix the situation. This "us/them" liability thinking from the bureaucrats with guns has become an absolute disaster.

It won't be fixed, of course, and neither will the US government. But when we rebuild from the ashes, let's make sure we get this shit right next time.
    Maybe, maybe not. Before I attempt to disabuse you (cordially) of some of your misconceptions, though, what is your definition of "militarized"? Be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by od1 View Post
    Nice video.

What the point is about not knowing the layout of the facility? What does that have to do with the decision about whether or not to enter? They need to wait for a map of a gridded layout of a school while people are getting shot? Historically almost all of these active shooter deals, especially in schools, are committed by a single untrained kid. Why not play the odds and make that assumption and go in there with at least 2 or 3 guys with long guns? But, perhaps the officers in that town are simply of the rent-a-cop variety.

Here's an interesting account from the off-duty BP agent:

Border Patrol agent who raced into Uvalde school speaks out on 'Ingraham' - YouTube

Incidentally, Hollywood did a perspective on this dilemma, so perhaps we've been mind-programmed emotionally rush in and be heroes, ignorant and not thinking of the risks:

Hue City FMJ - YouTube
    Not knowing the layout drastically increases the time it takes to clear a structure. Every new door is a brand new thing. You might pop into a broom closet, or it might be a 2,400 sq. ft. cubicle space with a dozen other doors branching off of it. Having foreknowledge of even a general layout will give you a heads up on what doors you can breach without equipment, where the bad guy and others present might be, etc.

Things have appeared to be straight forward so far, but that doesn't mean they will be the day you have to do it. It was more meant to show how a video of them "charging" the shooter is still far slower and more methodical than people typically envision. I'd like to blame movies and TV shows, but really it's a general lack of understanding and perspective from not having done CQB at all. In one of the VirTra active shooter scenarios we ended up having something like 8 or 9 shooters at one school. It kind of felt like a game of Doom by the end of it, but I realized in retrospect where they were going with it. If you are too used to there being one shooter, then you're subjecting yourself to a lot of risk by always making that assumption.

It seems Vimeo is also keen on censorship (occurred back in Oct '21) - UNJABBED: A fictional, dystopian future imagined by artist Ken Avidor Weirdly, the 3 short episodes are still on Youtube.

Matt Walsh's 'What is a Woman?' doco was more watchable than I was expecting. Pandemic of mental illness, for sure.

Australia's new Prime Minister is on record (including as late as Dec '21) as saying the persecution of Julian Assange served no purpose and 'enough is enough'. He's predictably quiet now that he's in the big chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    francesco, you were right and I was wrong. China's bitcoin mining activity probably never dropped to 0%, and, in any case, is "back" over 20%.
    Those miners in China literally risking their lives. The CCP has essentially outlawed BTC because it is the easiest way to get wealth out of the country. Smuggling hard currency (and I use BTC as currency in the loosest definition possible) carries a long sentence, The CCP is adamant about not letting capital go outside.

Whether it is economic “data” or BTC mining rates, take any projections from China with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Klaus Schwab is one of Kissinger's disciples and was placed in a position of power by Kissinger himself.
    An interesting investigate report regarding these two evil bastards.
    Dr. Klaus Schwab or: How the CFR Taught Me to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

The FDA Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee Admitted Today that mRNA Vaccines Cause "Significantly Elevated" Risk of Myocarditis w/ Possible "Long-Term Effects"

FDA Admits mRNA Vaccines Cause "Significantly Elevated" Risk of Myocarditis w/ "Long-Term Effects"

Just to clarify, this presentation was during the main session by Tom Shimabukuro from the CDC’s COVID-19 Unit (not during the Open Public Hearing Session where folks like Steve Kirsch typically present)

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The days when we (including the upper class) were viewed simply as cattle to be used and manipulated will be remembered as the good times.

The infamous Kissinger Report: https://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/Pcaab500.pdf
    As I said, we are hogs now. The battery cage stage is probably planned for 2050 or 2100.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Before I attempt to disabuse you (cordially) of some of your misconceptions, though, what is your definition of "militarized"? Be specific.
    Certainly. A militarized police force is one that trains their officers, or a specialized tactical unit, to no-knock raid residential homes.

I think that cuts to the heart of it. There are other superficial things, like allowing their officers to go out in public decked out in tactical gear, or keeping military surplus vehicles, that are obnoxious. These wouldn't technically indicate militarization, but the intimidation shit needs to stop, too.

People aged under 40 are being urged to have their hearts checked because they may potentially be at risk of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

The syndrome, known as SADS, has been fatal for all kinds of people regardless of whether they maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle.

SADS is an 'umbrella term to describe unexpected deaths in young people', said The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, most commonly occurring in people under 40 years of age.

The term is used when a post-mortem cannot find an obvious cause of death.

For family and friends of victims, SADS is a 'very hard entity to grasp' because it's a 'diagnosis of nothing', Dr Paratz added.

Dr Paratz said that from a public health perspective, combating SADS was 'not as easy as everyone in Australia getting genetically screened' as scientists were still not 100 per cent clear on 'what genes cause this'.

'The best advice would be, if you yourself have had a first-degree relative – a parent, sibling, child – who's had an unexplained death, it's extremely recommended you see a cardiologist,' she said.
    The reason the healthy 31-year-old vivacious and active woman died is because she failed to see her cardiologist. And her genes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Certainly. A militarized police force is one that trains their officers, or a specialized tactical unit, to no-knock raid residential homes.

I think that cuts to the heart of it. There are other superficial things, like allowing their officers to go out in public decked out in tactical gear, or keeping military surplus vehicles, that are obnoxious. These wouldn't technically indicate militarization, but the intimidation shit needs to stop, too.
    Okay, some follow up questions if I may: Setting aside no-knock warrants (for now... I will give my opinion later), what do you define as tactical gear? Is your issue with the surplus military vehicles just the "optics"of the situation? Are there specific situations you have in mind, or do you mean they shouldn't be employed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The reason the healthy 31-year-old vivacious and active woman died is because she failed to see her cardiologist. And her genes.
    When I heard about the SADS thing from my wife... I thought she was quoting a Babylon Bee article. Whelp.