starting strength gym
Page 2209 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 12091709210921592199220722082209221022112219225923092709 ... LastLast
Results 22,081 to 22,090 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Last time I got a ticket for speeding around 15 years ago, I was driving home from my daughter's summer camp at around 11pm. Out in the middle of freaking nowhere I find myself completely blinded by flashing lights and spotlights. I pulled over. The police response was unreal. Tactical gear for a traffic stop in a speed trap? Three police cars?

I quickly noticed they were pissed off because I hadn't been drinking, which they accused me of repeatedly.

I was driving a prototype engineering vehicle with lots of instrumentation and on board computers. They kept questioning me about the computers and I just said, it's part of data collection for research and development.

I should have pulled into the well-lit gas station nearby rather than pulling over on the side of the road, but the lights had me blinded.

At the time, I was thinking if I even flinched these thugs would have taken me out.

Oh yeah, the citation? 65 in a 55mph zone on a divided rural highway.
    Forgot to mention, the speed limit there now is 75mph, been that way for over 10 years now.

Gas is approaching $5 in Texas. It's not going to get any better anytime soon: US Refining Bottleneck The Culprit For Your Gas Pump Pains | ZeroHedge

The worsening refining bottleneck, especially in the U.S., was explained by Mike Wirth, the CEO of oil giant Chevron, who recently told Bloomberg TV that there's not enough refining capacity to meet the demand for gasoline and diesel because no new refinery will ever be built in the U.S. again.

Wirth explains his reason: "You're looking at committing capital ten years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, 'We don't want these products to be used in the future.'"

The crisis in refined products is because of the green energy transition forcing oil/gas companies, like Chevron and other majors, to not just shutter refineries but not invest and expand refinery capacity. This colossal failure has resulted in the national average for regular fuel approaching $5 a gallon by the end of this week.
    And Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg thinks we can park and drill our way out of this:

Buttigieg "we need to stop using oil and gas." Also Buttigieg today: "the oil companies are not drilling enough"...
    This is really an amazing fucking mess.

A Disturbing Poll After Attempted Kavanaugh Assassination – PJ Media

How do you guys feel about an assassination of Chuck Schumer? He was apparently in favor of killing Kavanaugh. I don't think that's how things should be done, but the Left has written new rules for us over the past couple of years, and maybe it's time we played. For example, when the Supreme Court finally summons the courage to overturn Roe, what will the streets of every Democrat-run city in the country look like for the next week? And if they don't overturn Roe, what will have been their motivation?

And is there any doubt about the FBI? FBI arrests Michigan republican governor candidate Ryan Kelley… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

They are the Sturmabteilung, and they don't care if you know that. We are entering a dark time in this nation's history, and I don't know what the other side of these events looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

How do you guys feel about an assassination of Chuck Schumer? He was apparently in favor of killing Kavanaugh. I don't think that's how things should be done, but the Left has written new rules for us over the past couple of years, and maybe it's time we played. For example, when the Supreme Court finally summons the courage to overturn Roe, what will the streets of every Democrat-run city in the country look like for the next week? And if they don't overturn Roe, what will have been their motivation?

And is there any doubt about the FBI? FBI arrests Michigan republican governor candidate Ryan Kelley… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

They are the Sturmabteilung, and they don't care if you know that.
    I say this not out of naivete, but after much sincere thought and reflection:

It cannot be done that way ethically or sustainably. Perhaps a time may come, and soon, that the country descends into the madness of full spectrum civil war. If we believe in the Republic, and if we want to hold onto our morals, then we cannot forsake either in the pursuit of the destruction of those who have made themselves our enemies. We have nothing left to differentiate ourselves from them. It would be easier, surely, to do so. Some people may even find it justifiable, but the harder path must be taken. You MUST make yourselves utterly dangerous men and women of such character and capability that you prevail, regardless, and you must follow the law and your ethics now more than ever -- except when the former violates the latter.

To do otherwise is to destroy our own cause, and I cannot help but wonder if that isn't the ultimate goal of the enemy.

They are the Sturmabteilung, and they don't care if you know that. We are entering a dark time in this nation's history, and I don't know what the other side of these events looks like.
    If they are allowed to get away with jailing their political opponents, censoring journalists and intimidating the judicial system, the only way out will be mass uprisings of a scale that could easily lead to a civil war.

This statement is now true for almost all of the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    That is a video worth watching.
    Klaus Schwab is already widely perceived as a James Bond villain, but he is also a financial conman on the Madoff-Pelosi scale.

How do you guys feel about an assassination of Chuck Schumer? He was apparently in favor of killing Kavanaugh. I don't think that's how things should be done, but the Left has written new rules for us over the past couple of years, and maybe it's time we played.
    I think a few targeted assassinations would be very good for the world right now. Maybe not even high level guys like Schumer, that takes a lot of planning and I guess he's got a decent security detail, but easy targets. Let us hope it gets to that.

starting strength coach development program

I am not going to create a new account, so we will see if you post this. I know you are a coward and can only handle thoughts from your little self-contained bubble so I doubt you will. That being said, I don't think you read the actual study from the "highly reputable" PJ Media article you cited. Here is a quote.

Those on the right appear more likely to approve of political violence. When asked whether they believed that “some violence might be necessary to protect the country from radical extremists,” 41% of Republicans agreed, compared to 34% of Democrats and 29% of independents. Over half of Republicans say the country seems headed toward a civil war in the near future, compared to 39% of Democrats.
    Since you only seem capable in discussing things as "left" or "right" we will keep the terms simple so you can understand. That study does not paint the "right" in a particularly great light as "your" side appears to promote more violence the most. That does not mean to say the your "opposing side/perceived enemy" doesn't currently have a problem with this as well. Part of what was being discussed in that study was that the country is heavily politically divided and appears to be heading towards some type of civil war. This is problematic for the country and your rhetoric only fans the flames for civil war.

In regards to Chuck Schumer, I never saw him endorse any assassination attempts of Brett Kavanaugh. Yes, his language was stupid and sloppy. But if you are going to hold him accountable for those words, then you should also be holding Trump accountable to his words as well regarding the January 6th debacle. We should expect more from our leaders on both sides of the aisle.

Personally I didn't pay that close attention to the Kavanaugh thing, so I don't know the details. However, given that we have such a large number of young men in this country (regardless of political affiliation) who are angry and ready to take up violence against their opposing side, wouldn't now be a good time to discuss gun control? Or should we wait for the blood to flow more freely than it already is. We have young men purchasing weapons and shooting up schools and supermarkets already. Maybe you are you just so certain that your side will win this war and this is the price you are willing to pay. For fucks sake, stating that you blame the left for whatever the "new rules" are and stating that it is time you to start playing shows that you fall directly in line with the folks who support political violence.

Also, what is with the sudden desire to "finally summon the courage to overturn Roe"? I remember posting something about the asinine Texas abortion wall a while back and you started deleting posts left and right. Since you are now supporting these laws the questions I have would be 1) what punishment would you recommend for a victim of rape who has an abortion, 2) would you be willing to pay more taxes to provide support for these children?, 3) should stricter laws be enforced against the father to care for these children and what punishment should they receive if they don't pay?, 4) would you be willing to support a living wage so these children can be cared for financially without burdening the average taxpayer?