starting strength gym
Page 2217 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12171717211721672207221522162217221822192227226723172717 ... LastLast
Results 22,161 to 22,170 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    In this article Jessica explains how these new clotting structures that are being found are not atherosclerosis.
    Rewrite: Let'''s tag team this until everybody understands

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I believe in American exceptionalism and will not stand to hear my forefathers slandered.
    I am extremely proud of their strength, ingenuity and inventiveness.
    They conquered the world and gave their children a prosperous homeland.
    Yes, we were the home of the free and the land of the brave.
    We are in a struggle for the future of our nation and have been for some time now.

I believe you are Italian; I hope you feel the same way about Christopher Columbus, Julius Caesar, Hadrian the Great and the Roman Empire.
    Rome was great; something to be proud of for thousands of years.
    Be proud of your heritage, be confident in your strength and we all may have a chance at defeating our common foes.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, and if this belief makes you a better person, good for you, but it all sounds like bullshit to me. I have nothing to do with those people, and they weren't any more great than the current war mongerers or corporate leaders.
    I just happened to be born in a certain time and place, out of complete randomness, and that's about it, no reason to take pride in that or in the endeavors of someone born 500 years before me. There is a connection there for sure, but again pride is not part of it. Mabye inspiration? If you wanna be inspired by hypocritical religious slave owners, go ahead, they had some good ideas, but being inspired by someone's ideas and being pride of being born on the same land as another person, are not the same thing.

Also, when Columbus was alive, Italy wasn't a thing. Same goes for the Roman Empire, nothing to do with modern Italy. In fact, probably more similar to the current US.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Everything you’ve said is fair and should be contemplated daily. However, the US Constitution, winning two world world wars and the Cold War, basic science and engineering, to include the world largest share of Nobel prizes (mostly in physics), should also be contemplated. But yes, at least in my opinion, these factors that make the US exceptional, also make it deeply vulnerable to our own blind confidence and overwhelming ignorance.
    Everyone loses when there is a war. Except those who make a lot of money from it, which is not us regular folks.
    All the technological and scientific advancement is a consequence of military desires to conquer other lands, luckily we get something good out of it too, but we also get a generation of people born with screens in front of their faces 24/7, artificial intelligence being marketed to profit off of the average consumer and a population which is weak and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    There's a deep problem with American history in that Americans really don't have a good sense of themselves, which is a very tragic and evil thing to do a people on purpose. If you boil down the American identity, it's the Aryan Barbarian, but people have been convinced otherwise. It's not for nothing that Alex Jones, for example, is extremely popular on the right, despite having so many fans who also know all the problems with him - but they still like him. I still like him. He is the quintessential American nationalist in a way. He's hot-blooded, conspiratorial, has a touch of religious madness to him, ready to throw down and do violence at a moment's notice. The American is the Aryan Barbarian and if there's going to be an American nationalism, there needs to be a lot of self re-discovery and an effort made to unapologetically tap into this spirit. This is also the reason Trump, despite not doing anything Big N Nationalistic of note, was so popular going into this crisis period.

Americans have many great (yet complicated) historical figures to draw from. Just dive into their history, but realise the official "Great Figures" of American history, which are given to Americans, were the elites - and as such, they were self-serving. You can go and point out the Free Masonic aspects of these elites, etc. The important thing to notice is the average American is taught that these elites were just like them and they should identify with them and their ideas, but that is not their rich history or their rich heritage at all. American history and heritage is the common folk. The pioneer people who were fighting Indians and pushing frontiers. People who sang folk songs. People who rebelled constantly and fought to the death against what the elites imposed upon them. Fighting against oppression, and even desgregregation and busing. It is the history of a people who rebelled against the patriotic Founding Fathers, even!

Shay's Rebellion is a historical footnote, but if you want American nationalism, to me, Shay's Rebellion is the starting point for American nationalism. "Listen, we fought for you - now we want what's due to us. Die.". Thomas Jefferson, despite his own problems, was the only one who was on their side. This is the problem with talking about America, and with American history - heritage Americans are given a history which doesn't resonate with them as a people. If they have to destroy these elite and oligarchical historical idols, they will need new Great Man figures to draw inspiration from and it will have to come from within themselves.

A half-baked analogy for America's rise and fall would be Conor McGregor. The UFC has the bad repuation of putting the roster through the meat-grinder and shortening their athletes' careers by terrible matchmaking. America is Conor McGregor. Climbed the mountain. Oversaw this vast empire - then lost it. There wasn't a single, decisive moment where people said "Okay, this is not the same thing it used to be" but fast foward many years, and everyone can clearly see the decline. People hypothesize about where the critical turning-point moment was, where everything changed suddenly. It's obvious and palpable. Americans are history-less, and identity-less. America now needs to figure out where its real sphere of influence lies. So, when people (the media, politicians, academia..) talk about "American" interests in Taiwan, or the Middle East, or Ukraine, or wherever... there needs to be a headscratching moment and people need to ask "Which "America"? Which interests?". We're not talking about the opiod addiction-addled Appalachian, or the down-on-his-luck middle class N.E ethnic Catholic. We're talking about Big money interests, and military interests.

People are subconsciously waking up to the realisation of the limits of what liberalism claims to offer. When they can no longer fudge the numbers and the markets do finally melt, and it all comes tumbling down, what will be left for people? All this trans stuff, for example, is actually is consistent with the founding liberal principles of the modern West. Since conservatives accept individual rights, they have no principles to oppose it. People are realising there's no future in being rootless wanderers without an ancestral homeland. Every prominent moderate or centrist you can think of, the kind that “just hates those gosh-darn Wokes dontchaknow” ultimately has no problem at all with homophilia, miscegenation, or societally suicidal decadence in any way/shape. You don't have to agree with my principles to accept that. Literally, all that liberalism has to offer, long term, is economics. When you push a liberal fanatic to the point of argument, all they can appeal to is economics - and when they no longer have that, something else has to take its place. There's nothing else waiting in the wings, and that's optimistic for me. Nationalism can give these people a path forward.

Now that peoples' standards of living are starting to take a hit, I think we're going to hear more people people ask these questions out loud. It's not just the economic side causing people to question the direction of things, but it's all sorts of experiences - the political rot, the pandemic, the race riots of the last few years, the hollow social media experience and a general dissatisfaction with life. Heritage Americans are waking up to the idea that they're under the spell of another influence, and this ain't your empire. These ain't your interests. You're birthed from the most enterprising peoples the White race ever produced, and you thought you could rule the world with this Atlanticist empire. Similar to McGregor, well, then the fight with Dustin Poirier happens and you break your leg - you're suddenly forced to experience this harsh confrontation with reality. This wasn't in your best interests. You weren't ready for this. Your soaring success is partly to blame, as were deleterious and subversive factors which eroded the will and weakened Americans' ability to be a single people.

For Americans to live, this America really has to die. By that, I mean this symbolic order, other "America" which is out there imposing itself on us all.
    The US empire is dying and will die. If what you get is decentralized land and people and a monetary system that works in their favour, there will be no need or way to fund senseless wars

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

The first step towards geopolitical subversion is to destroy the identity of a nation.
    First step is to DISTORT the identity of the nation. Which is what happens when those "antifa trans" people see their country, therefore themselves, as shameful. They don't see America as the fierce young leader of freedom and innovation, they see it as a perverted nation with a guilty past, and no one wants to fight for that so they are happy to hand it over to anyone who promises to make it different, or simply self-destroy.
    Truth lies in the middle somewhere, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Is it really so offensive to public sensibilities that I wear body armor that's better, though? That gives me benefits in the short and long term?
    This seems to me like an issue of big picture vs immediate situation. Is body armor that gives you slightly better protection/comfort/whatever worth the shift in public perception about what role you're playing? Or, to put it more simply, is armor that makes you slightly more likely to survive a shooting but over time makes the public more likely to want to shoot/jail/defund you a good trade-off?

Interesting point about Trump earlier and how even through his obvious faults, he at least acknowledged a voter base that has been totally estranged for years, and look how powerful he has become. Can you imagine how a genuine American patriot with the most basic policies could perform at election? One who despises racism but who also despises the weaponisation of racism to allow for feral behaviour to go unchecked? One who actually values the fact that the US is one of the hardest working countries in the world (look it up) and that the people doing that work deserve to live their lives as free as possible. One who sees wokeness for what it is, a fashion, that should not be jumped on unquestioningly like so many idiots.

I am optimistic that the calamity that is Biden will provoke a genuinely positive outcome in the long run. Here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    The cause? Powerful central government who is willing to break the back of a population until submission.
    You mean like the 1873 slaughter of buffalos to starve native Americans to death?

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    You make some great points, but you probably overestimate the American edumacation system. All I really remember learning in my (admittedly very liberal) ‘90s school district was that there was only one Great Figure in American history, his name was Martin Luther King, and Rosa Parks was his prophet. They might have thrown some other stuff at us, but that's all they really make sure to pound into your psyche. Everything before MLK's ascension is ancient pre-history that is best mostly forgotten, except maybe to illustrate how evil the before-times were
    This was not my experience in school during this period, but things were very much in flux. That being said, the bigger point is not about the specific content, but the upending that the Revolution brings and the negation of that which preceded it. Be it Luther, Henry VIII, Lenin, or MLK, the details are really irrelevant. The only thing that matters is “we’re doing THIS now.”

Watched the stupid Matthew McConaughey thing last night. Laughed out loud when I learned he was born in Uvalde. Man, they are really pushing their luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes, it's true. Cornyn is retiring.
    And not a single one of the ten are up for re-election.

starting strength coach development program
    This is why US/EU are rubbing their hands at the thought of a digital „health pass“, too.

The whole last 2 years have been about conditioning people into accepting this in the west as well.