starting strength gym
Page 2221 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12211721212121712211221922202221222222232231227123212721 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,210 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Are you seriously comparing people living in the US under the british crown to black people being enslaved?
    I didn't say slavery started and ended in the US. I just said slave owners knew perfectly well how fucked up it was to own another human being, they just didn't care until they had too. Unless you are suggesting humans did not develop empathy until slavery was abolished in america?
    I also didn't say they were racist, slavery obviously had to do with money and production, it just happened to be that the people that became slaves were from Africa and were under developed. But we've had african people enslaving african people, you got chinese people enslaving other chinese people. The methods may be different but the intentions are the same.
    Slavery still exists to this day, it's not as open and obvious or accepted as it was back then, but it does. Is it because modern slave owners are just men of their time or mabye because some humans are pieces of shit?

If you think you can own a person's life and freedom without their consent, then you are a bad person. Slavery is not different based on timelines, it is always a fucked up way to treat other human beings.
    I understand what you're trying to get to here, context. But in my opinion it is not applicable here, unless you can prove slavery does not exist anywhere anymore
    And especially considering how some of you are talking about these slave owners as enlightened men.
    They were enlightened enough to write a constitution and understand what freedom is, but not enough to understand that the 4 million slaves owned by americans may want the same freedom too?
    I think you need to take a breath and read what I said again. The idea of slavery sickens me as well, but to argue that the American founding fathers were not a product of their times is completely asinine.

This little detour conversation about slavery really demonstrates the power of the mind-virus. Heritage Americans no longer have the luxury of time to be engaging with these hamstringing arguments about slavery, white supremacy or the holocaust - which are uniquely applied to them. No dignity? No future. It's that simple.

Instead people should be finding ways to defend their way of life (which also happens to be the historical norm) against people who arrived there two generations ago, at best, and whose entire livelihood is sustained by theft and depravity.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I don't understand your point about it not existing now. My point was purely hypothetical. Starting slavery and being a pioneer in such an enterprise is a whole lot different than dealing with an institution that had existed for literally the entire history of civilization. Before machines it would have seemed as intractable as getting rid of war. If we didn't have machines, there is a 100% we'd accept it right now, exactly like we do war. The idea that there has been some kind of recent moral push forward in the human race is absolutely absurd.

There are more slaves now then ever, and everyone who benefits from cheap junk is probably a bad person for it too, including myself. If you're using "bad person" in that sense, then I agree.
    There are people that indirectly and involuntarily profit from slavery, and then there are slave owners. For me these are seperate categories. So no, people are not bad for buying cheap junk. At least not nearly as bad as people who are enslaving those who produce it. I'm sure it was the same back then, it's not like every single white american owned slaves, but the whole country benefitted from their enslavement.
    My point is about the act itself. It is not different if you are the first one to do it or the 10.000th one, it's still bad, especially, to reiterate my statement, if you consider yourself enlightened and a fighter for freedom.
    Understanding the consequences of people's actions in the past relative to our current life is one thing. Idolizing characters from the past is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    And the father of the European Union was Von Coudenhove-Kalergi.
    And his written thoughts were based on those from other groups, such as the Marxists, the Freemasons and the Jacobins.

Population control was at the forefront of discussion among them when the global population numbered less than 1 billion.

Does this mean they are going to institute mandatory software vaccinations for all devices after Cyber Polygon kicks off?

You are running head first into the bigger ideological argument that has been the source of the globalist/marxist vs nationalist schism.

If people are all fundamentally the same, then why would we have borders?
    Why would we have national governments instead of a global government if people can all be governed the same?
    If people are an interchangeable commodity, why would any of them deserve to have more or less than any other? (equity argument)
    Individual rights only exacerbate inequity, so why would we have that?
    Of course, at this point we will need global technocrats to enforce equity; big brother needs to watch you for your own good.

The Aztecs are never asked to be ashamed of their past and the fact that they practiced sacrifice is not a focus of media attention; it is only a passing curiosity.
    I (and you) am constantly told not only to be ashamed of our ancestors, but that I must compensate others for the sins of my fathers; that I must give up land my ancestors have inhabited for hundreds of years or more to atone for their sins.

My response to anybody who demands I apologize for slavery is that I will only apologize after they thank me for freeing the slaves.

The media focus is on branding the nation with the evil of slavery when it could just as well focus on praising the nation for the benevolence of freeing the slaves.
    It is politically motivated propaganda.
    I believe my point is the exact opposite.
    We have very little to do with people in the past, in the nationalistic sense that was brought up here. The fact that those people were born 200 years ago in the same piece of land you were randomly born on, does not make you anything. You are a human and you live your own life. So no, I don't expect anyone today to do anything on behalf of other people who lived 200 years ago. Just like I don't expect someone to be proud to be born on the same land as some character from the past, because pride comes through personal achievement, not historical references.

Also, Aztecs are not asked to do anything because I believe the spanish killed them all a long time ago. Whereas white americans who descend from slave owners are still here, as well as black americans who descend from slaves

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I believe I pointed out that pre-Civil War Americans were reading their Bibles. The Lord tells them about slavery therein. Did you think I was being facetious? Read Leviticus, aloud if necessary. They were simply being pious Christians, in their opinion. It's still in the current editions.
    That was obviously part of it. But material greed beats faith by a long shot, so I say it was mostly for money and power. Their faith might have helped them with their own conscience, justifying their actions, but they knew what they were doing and why they were doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    I think you need to take a breath and read what I said again. The idea of slavery sickens me as well, but to argue that the American founding fathers were not a product of their times is completely asinine.
    Being owned by the crown and being owned by another human is different. Just like today we are all owned by the banking system for example, but it's not the same as being owned in a chinese internment camp or an african mining cave.
    Saying they were a product of their time doesn't justify this on a moral level, which was my point. That's why I said that some humans are simply pieces of shit, no matter what time they live in.
    You wanna know who the american founding fathers were? How about the millions of slaves who actually did all the work?

Lockdowns Caused 100k+ Deaths in Young, Working-Age People, Study Finds | If It Saves Just One Life - YouTube

Lockdowners apparently committed a genocide on young people to the tune of 170k in the US alone.

Protestants are like that, personal judgement and all. This permits them to read Leviticus, but conveniently ignore the First Letters to Timothy and the Corinthians denouncing slave traders and advising manumission.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    We treat people like slaves now, only with money, but it's the same difference and will have the same consequences of Rome. Slavery is the reason the Roman empire collapsed upon it's own weight, it creates very very bad internal rot and we are enslaving so many people in the US via illegal systems and ect ect it's too much to go into but we are, and slavery results in poor workers with a lack of free will or poor decision making processes because to be a good slave is not what's required to be an overcoming awesome worker.

I believe we are in a very very dark place as a country, and really need to self examine how we treat others so that we can get back on track, away from slavery, away from this sick form of capitalism and get back on the track of peace, prosperity and freedom. This songs for you Rip

America First - Merle Haggard

Merle Haggard - America First - YouTube

There were lots of peoples genocided without any slavery. I've listened to the history from some of those who were there, and who saw their families and neighbors slaughtered or starved and dumped into lime pits. My grandfather and grandmother managed to find freedom in the United States in the early 1900s. My grandfather volunteered to fight in WW1 against this type of tyranny, but he hadn't been here long enough to become a citizen yet (10 years). He also volunteered to fight in WW2 but was denied because he was 55 years old.

History is full of atrocities. I can't think of any societies who have been exempt from tyranny at one point in time or another.

The peaceful people are easy prey and pay a heavy price once they're disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    the holocaust
    There are hardly any Jews here, Matt. We got Gilead, but he's like only somewhat of a Jew, I have yet to see him try to give me a loan.

Dr. Clare Craig Exposes How Pfizer Twisted Their Clinical Trial Data for Young Children

"Parents should be demanding that the decision makers explain themselves"

BOMBSHELL: Dr. Clare Craig Exposes How Pfizer Twisted Their Clinical Trial Data for Young Children

Pfizer Data: https://www.fda.gov/media/159195/download

starting strength coach development program
    Your federal government in a nutshell:

202206-meme.jpg

The only thing missing is a small child.