starting strength gym
Page 2231 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 12311731213121812221222922302231223222332241228123312731 ... LastLast
Results 22,301 to 22,310 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    So what happens when the Supreme Court rules that a law is unconstitutional and the DOJ refuses to enforce it?
    Your sentence looks like it got mangled, but I think I know what you're asking, and the answer is, I guess we'll find out.

More from the Pentagon:

The Pentagon Announces It Will Refuse to Follow Any State Laws Restricting Abortion Access

I wonder if the US Military is going to set up abortion clinics on bases now. Maybe they can roll it into their tranny field services.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    I think he’s right. The “pro life” movement was never about actually giving a fuck about the actual lives of children. If it was, the pro life movement would follow through with… you know… doing shit to actually take care of all the unwanted children they want in this world.
    The argument over whether it should be controlled by the states or federal government is a different argument… They simply took this avenue to get what they wanted. And that’s fine, but let’s not pretend like any of these religious fucks or the politicians jerking them off actually gives one flying fuck about any of these kids’ lives.

The Catholic Church promotes this idea because they like to run orphanages and adoption agencies so they can selectively brainwash these children into being good little fuck bait for their priests while also growing up to tithe large sums of money for their criminal organization.

The rest of the religious right just picked up on this practice a few decades ago. States’ rights and the actual argument over abortion are two different things.
    I agree with some of what you wrote here, I don't agree with other stuff, I was just following up on David's strange logic.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Your sentence looks like it got mangled, but I think I know what you're asking, and the answer is, I guess we'll find out.

More from the Pentagon:

The Pentagon Announces It Will Refuse to Follow Any State Laws Restricting Abortion Access

I wonder if the US Military is going to set up abortion clinics on bases now. Maybe they can roll it into their tranny field services.
    It is not lost on Americans, however, that the same Pentagon that summarily discharged servicemembers for failing to comply with a Covid-19 vaccine mandate has announced it will ignore state laws and suddenly respect the bodily autonomy of female servicemembers.

The Department of Defense dismissed most religious objections to the Covid vaccine mandate and the superior protection provided by natural immunity in order to coercively ‘vaccinate’ servicemembers with mRNA shots that do not stop the spread of the virus.

The Department of Justice also issued a statement that it will also ignore the Supreme Court’s ruling and state laws that may criminalize abortion provision.
    Further:

“The Supreme Court has eliminated an established right that has been an essential component of women’s liberty for half a century – a right that has safeguarded women’s ability to participate fully and equally in society,” the statement continued. “And in renouncing this fundamental right, which it had repeatedly recognized and reaffirmed, the Court has upended the doctrine of stare decisis, a key pillar of the rule of law.”

Stare decisis, however, is not the law. If this were the case, the Dred Scott ruling and Plessy v. Ferguson would be established law.
    So neither the Pentagon nor the Department of Justice is going to follow a Supreme Court ruling that deals with states' rights. Executive agencies get to decide what legal precedents they follow. This country is no longer functioning in the way it previous has. How do the actions of this administration get rolled back?

And when do the ladies start getting pregnant intentionally so they can have an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Most people do not understand how the dollar as the world's reserve currency benefits US monetary policy. I'll take a shot: if the USD is the medium for energy trade all over the globe, then countries who want to buy oil and gas have to maintain reserves of USDs. This is convenient for administrations who want to pretend that printing money out of thin electrons is not inflationary ("Milton Friedman is not in charge anymore."), because dollars must be kept in reserve to buy oil, and more of them doesn't hurt too much of anything with an expanding world population that needs more and more oil and gas. But if China/Russia/the EU get together and decide that Brandon can fend for himself, Brandon is fucked, quite thoroughly.

Is that close?
    Not only it's effect on monetary policy. But the effect of whether that country can literally buy food and energy. Only the Global Reserve can buy commodities such as oil and wheat in crucial amounts on the international market. This is why even in an hyper-inflationary environment, the US will not have people literally dying of starvation en masse in the droves on the streets. This is simply because they can print more of the reserve currency to buy those crucial commodities that only the reserve currency can buy.

Other countries have to go and search for that global reserve currency on the open market, and then buy these tokens (USDs) in order to purchase these commodities. If they find a seller, they then buy the amount they need to fulfill their transactions. If their currency is hyperinflated then it can only buy a small amount of the global reserve to meet their needs. If they try and print more currency that will only deflate their currencies value even further and will ruin further it's purchasing power of the global reserve exacerbating their problem.

This is the unique position that the USD finds itself in the international monetary order and is also why the USD is considerably strong even in the current global financial climate. Simply put, every country needs USDs for their basic survival, since they can not survive solely on internal produce and production, and they all need to supply their economic and livelihood deficiencies from imports which only the USD can buy.

This is also why when currencies of foreign countries start debasing strongly against the USD, you start seeing the leaderships political attitude more favorable to the dictates of the Whitehouse. And when their currencies are strong, they act a little more flamboyant. I have noticed this phenomenon a lot with regards to Erdagan of Turkey and his posture towards Israel throughout the years.

This is also why Russia selling it's very much wanted commodities in Rubel is an economic destabilization event of immense proportions for the USA and it's global stature. They are giving people who had no choice before, a choice. And this is extremely threatening for the strength of the USD and the global influence of US foreign policy in the medium to long term.

(Disclaimer on the above.
    I have only really started to look into Macro over the past couple of months, so I could be completely off with my statements above. This is just what I understand so far based on my shallow knowledge of the subject.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    International free market capitalism was invented by the British crown for precisely this reason.
    Those Pommy bastards always trying to sell 'Straya to the Chinese!

Further:

So neither the Pentagon nor the Department of Justice is going to follow a Supreme Court ruling that deals with states' rights. Executive agencies get to decide what legal precedents they follow. This country is no longer functioning in the way it previous has. How do the actions of this administration get rolled back?

And when do the ladies start getting pregnant intentionally so they can have an abortion?
    When the power rests with the states and individuals where it should instead of the federal government. Women in many places, usually urban, were already using abortion as birth control.

The rest of the religious right just picked up on this practice a few decades ago. States’ rights and the actual argument over abortion are two different things.
    Christians, and probably other unaffiliated, have been anti-abortion (term “pro-life” gets twisted) for about 2000 years. Early Christians saved infants from exposure, and documentation in the Catholic Church against abortion appears around 500 AD. Infernal political hacks and occultists? Many here would still say “yes”. Which just witnesses to the fact that there are multiple stable moral systems that society can adopt.

The debate about human nature and membership in the human community has been steered away from the elites back to political/legislative debate by the people.

That’s not a good thing? What’s the problem?

What you actually mean is "Good luck getting a gun from a retail gun store if you've ever badmouthed the sitting government or their pet causes openly on social media. It's not illegal for me to sell a gun to another individual, and we have 400 million guns. They want you to forget about the 400 million guns we already have.
    Yes, there is that. I like to just have a few friends and family members with their own collections rather than try and maintain my own in this fucked state. When I do finally escape from new york I'll definitely be looking into getting at least one gun for myself. The SCOTUS ruling has pretty much doomed Zeldin getting the governor's seat in this state come November. The abortion crazed populace will be energized and gladly hand Kathy Hochul her first elected term.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Those Pommy bastards always trying to sell 'Straya to the Chinese!
    The Chinese are the only major power which has managed to keep the City from penetrating its capital markets. As things stand, it was probably very prudent, to the consternation of liberals worldwide.

starting strength coach development program
    I think he’s right. The “pro life” movement was never about actually giving a fuck about the actual lives of children. If it was, the pro life movement would follow through with… you know… doing shit to actually take care of all the unwanted children they want in this world.

The argument over whether it should be controlled by the states or federal government is a different argument… They simply took this avenue to get what they wanted. And that’s fine, but let’s not pretend like any of these religious fucks or the politicians jerking them off actually gives one flying fuck about any of these kids’ lives.

The Catholic Church promotes this idea because they like to run orphanages and adoption agencies so they can selectively brainwash these children into being good little fuck bait for their priests while also growing up to tithe large sums of money for their criminal organization.

Frank, the Catholic Church has had no political influence since Vatican II, which was part of its purpose. As for the rest of your dismal comment, we're pretty tired of this nonsense. For millennia, the Church has ministered to the poor of all kinds. It kept cities alive when secular republicanism swept through Europe turning the destitute out into the streets. Try telling this to the kids Don Bosco saved. We know about the problems. We know the reasons and we know why nothing has been done about it. We know.

But, again, I have to say, given the corruption that flows from all other kinds of sewers in this sick society, public schools for just one example, the stones in glass houses quip isn't far from my mind.