starting strength gym
Page 2233 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12331733213321832223223122322233223422352243228323332733 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,330 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I can see having an abortion becoming a "rite of passage" for leftist women -- membership in the club, as it were. Maybe it already is.
    You'd think so, hearing some of them talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    You'd think so, hearing some of them talk about it.
    One of many examples:

Abortion as a rite of passage - University of the Underground

It’s not new. Temples have been built around such and similar things for thousands of years.

I think abortions should be legal. I'm okay with restrictions (first trimester, for example). No contraceptive is 100%. People of both sexes make stupid decisions when drunk for example. I don't know anyone personally who has had an abortion, rather, no one in my social circle has told me they have had one. I have seen the lives of extended family members (female) de-railed by pregnancy. I mean, tragic, for mother and kids alike.

I read today that Ruth Bader Ginsberg had serious critiques of the Roe decision. I don't think the SCOTUS should be doing the job of the Legislative Branch. In the states that have made abortion illegal, it's only going to hurt women without resources. People with resources and connections will always be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    I think abortions should be legal. I'm okay with restrictions (first trimester, for example). No contraceptive is 100%. People of both sexes make stupid decisions when drunk for example. I don't know anyone personally who has had an abortion, rather, no one in my social circle has told me they have had one. I have seen the lives of extended family members (female) de-railed by pregnancy. I mean, tragic, for mother and kids alike.

I read today that Ruth Bader Ginsberg had serious critiques of the Roe decision. I don't think the SCOTUS should be doing the job of the Legislative Branch. In the states that have made abortion illegal, it's only going to hurt women without resources. People with resources and connections will always be okay.
    Do you think that the combination of contraception and mifepristone/levonorgestrel is adequate protection against using abortion instead of contraception? Or do we need to get to a place where no one has to be responsible for not getting pregnant?

And have you ever seen the state media lie their asses off to the extent we are seeing today? FACT CHECK: The Truth About Miscarriages, Ectopic Pregnancies, and the End of Roe v. Wade – PJ Media

Another vex failure up close and personal.

A healthy (lean, lifts, fairly strong) junior colleague who was vexxed and boosted with Pfizer got Covid again (“again” are his words - I’m not aware of the first time) this past year, bad enough to seriously impact his academic life. He’s fine now. I guess he would’ve been dead if he didn’t get the Pfizer?

I now include Pence in the list of people who have to answer for this.

This time last year I was genuinely concerned that the company I worked for would fire me for not being vaccinated, and today they announced they were abruptly ending all vaccine and masking requirements. Interesting about face from them, and not something I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    They're not strange at all.

I don't know where republicans got this idea that abortion was ever used in lieu of contraception, but I guess that's the narrative they're running with. It is not a far stretch to imagine a welfare state growing out of the abortion issue. DeSantis has openly stated he supports programs, and now the governor of ND has openly stated the need for more healthcare funding. They only slightly obscure the government spending by calling them "stabilization grants".

When you abandon individual rights, you must turn to statism. You will see it, guaranteed.
    All you have to do to not get a woman pregnant is pull out, literally. Say Florida bans abortion outright. Get one woman pregnant and get forced into a relationship with a child you didn't want, next time you will pull out 10 seconds faster.

Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    How far does someone's life have to be "derailed" before we can kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you think that the combination of contraception and mifepristone/levonorgestrel is adequate protection against using abortion instead of contraception? Or do we need to get to a place where no one has to be responsible for not getting pregnant?

And have you ever seen the state media lie their asses off to the extent we are seeing today? FACT CHECK: The Truth About Miscarriages, Ectopic Pregnancies, and the End of Roe v. Wade – PJ Media
    Agency is, indeed, a difficult concept.

starting strength coach development program
    Church leaders have had a very tortured reading of the Bible, which doesn't mention abortion much aside from Exodus 21:22-25 (a fine for causing a miscarriage?), and Numbers 5:11-31, where a priest is supposed to perform an abortive procedure if a woman gets prego from committing adultery. Abortion was considered a sin, but not homicide
    Rip doesn’t like Bible talk, and honestly, it always irked me. But after reading your interpretation of the verses you cited, I don’t want to hear it either. Let me guess, you Googled “what does the Bible say about abortion?”

What the church was *really* opposed to was people having sexually satisfying and pleasurable experiences.
    You’ve got to be kidding me.