starting strength gym
Page 2234 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12341734213421842224223222332234223522362244228423342734 ... LastLast
Results 22,331 to 22,340 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    This time last year I was genuinely concerned that the company I worked for would fire me for not being vaccinated, and today they announced they were abruptly ending all vaccine and masking requirements. Interesting about face from them, and not something I expected.
    Do the people they fired get their jobs back? Pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do the people they fired get their jobs back? Pieces of shit.
    And for those who were only threatened, are the months of extreme high stress compensated? I wasn't just thinking I'd lose my job, but my entire career. I got compensated, but only informally. They gave me permanent remote work with no geographical restriction and a very nice raise, but of course there was no mention of it as compensation for the hostility. But I know why I got what I got, and I only got it because I was very aggressive in my protest. Others were not so lucky. This is going to cause a lot of long term resentment that isn't going to be easily fixed.

Of interest, from Steve Kirsch: Latest survey shows the COVID vaccines are a disaster: ~750,000 dead in US

Executive summary
    Our latest poll is devastating for the official narrative:

a 6.6% rate of heart injury (>10M Americans)

2.7% are unable to work after being vaccinated (>5M Americans),

6.3% had to be hospitalized (>10M Americans)

you were more likely to die from COVID if you’ve taken the vaccine.

Almost as many (77.4%) households lost someone from the vaccines as from COVID. If you believe that 1M people in the US have died from COVID, then this survey indicates that ~750,000 people died from the vaccine (10.18/13.15*1M) with a 95% confidence of at least 600,000 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gleichauf View Post
    Rip doesn’t like Bible talk, and honestly, it always irked me. But after reading your interpretation of the verses you cited, I don’t want to hear it either. Let me guess, you Googled “what does the Bible say about abortion?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gleichauf View Post
    You’ve got to be kidding me.
    Precisely correct analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post

My point was reaffirming what David.Lewis was pointing out. The result of the ruling now gives states the choice for one more government (albeit at the state level) mandate: that one must give birth if pregnant. The fallout from this is pretty clear: we’re going to have a whole bunch of unwanted kids in this country… many, many more than we have now. The religious right arguing against abortion don’t actually care after the baby is born, they just want it born.
    Of course, another possiblity is that people will respond to incentives and take the small extra precautions needed to really minimize the probablity of getting pregnant, resulting in fewer unwanted pregnancies/kids.

The real reason Trump was replaced: The Astonishing Implications of Schedule F ⋆ Brownstone Institute

The gradual rise of this 4th branch of government – which is very much the most powerful branch – has reduced the American political process to mere theater as compared with the real activity of government, which rests with the permanent bureaucracy.

Any new president can hire the heads of agencies and they can hire staff, which are known as political appointees. These 4,000 political appointees ostensibly rule 432 agencies (as listed by the Federal Register) as well as some 2.9 million employees (aside from the military and postal service) that effectively inhibit permanent jobs. This permanent state – sometimes called the deep state – knows the ropes and the processes of government far better than any temporary political appointee, thus reducing the appointed jobs to cosmetic positions for the press to hound while the real actions of government take place behind the scenes.

Trump’s next step was radical and brilliant: the creation of a new category of federal employment. It was called Schedule F.

Employees of the federal government classified as Schedule F would have been subject to control by the elected president and other representatives. Who are they? They are those who met the following criteria:

Positions of a confidential, policy-determining, policy-making, or policy-advocating character not normally subject to change as a result of a Presidential transition shall be listed in Schedule F. In appointing an individual to a position in Schedule F, each agency shall follow the principle of veteran preference as far as administratively feasible.

The Washington Post in an editorial expressed absolute shock and alarm at the implications:

The directive from the White House, issued late Wednesday, sounds technical: creating a new “Schedule F” within the “excepted service” of the federal government for employees in policymaking roles, and directing agencies to determine who qualifies. Its implications, however, are profound and alarming. It gives those in power the authority to fire more or less at will as many as tens of thousands of workers currently in the competitive civil service, from managers to lawyers to economists to, yes, scientists. This week’s order is a major salvo in the president’s onslaught against the cadre of dedicated civil servants whom he calls the “deep state” — and who are really the greatest strength of the U.S. government.

I learned a lot from that article. Sprains a lot of what's going on.

REPORT: California AG Leaks Names, Addresses Of Gun Owners In The State

How long can this kind of thing go on before enough is enough?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Plano View Post
    Of course, another possiblity is that people will respond to incentives and take the small extra precautions needed to really minimize the probablity of getting pregnant, resulting in fewer unwanted pregnancies/kids.
    People with IQs above 115 may respond to the incentives, but people with lower IQs will be unlikely to respond.