starting strength gym
Page 2236 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 12361736213621862226223422352236223722382246228623362736 ... LastLast
Results 22,351 to 22,360 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency

This may be ruled on tomorrow by the Supreme Court. It could be bigger (in my opinion) than Roe v Wade. West Virginia is challenging the EPA's authority to regulate carbon emissions. But, the implications are far reaching and mind-blowing.

From very left leaning Outside Online: The BLM Made the Largest Public Lands Purchase in Wyoming History, Unlocking Previously Inaccessible Acres - Outside Online

If I understand this correctly, it would render EVERY. SINGLE. FEDERAL. AGENCY. completely impotent overnight, and force congress to actually pass laws, instead of letting bureaucrats and bean counters dictate every aspect of American lives.

EPA, SEC, ATF - you name it. They'd all be neutered overnight by a ruling like this.
    Correction: wrong link to Outside Online: In West Virginia v. EPA, the Supreme Court Will Decide Whether We Act on Climate Change

Now would be a fantastic time for the Supreme Court to grow another Ball. Apparently, Ruling announced at 10am today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Remember: The 17 year old girl whose parents make $350k/year is still going to travel to another state and get her abortions done. The people who are going to be making more babies are the ones we already bitch about having too many babies. Drive around your local ghetto some time. That’s who will be accelerating their birth rates.
    And that’s what planned parenthood was invented for originally.

Hypothetical for you. That’s true. But would I then be justified in murdering them because of it? If not, it’s also not justifiable to do that to babies on a wholesale basis.

If I understand this correctly, it would render EVERY. SINGLE. FEDERAL. AGENCY. completely impotent overnight, and force congress to actually pass laws, instead of letting bureaucrats and bean counters dictate every aspect of American lives.

EPA, SEC, ATF - you name it. They'd all be neutered overnight by a ruling like this.
    You’re probably reaching a bit, but if it happened like that, well I did not see that coming. It’s unlikely that marxists will have a revolution in the US because they failed in the 70’s and they had the backing of the soviet union then. It was always going to swing back to normal, but if it swings back to this. Well hot damn. I can't wait for some of those congealed leftovers to drip to australia.

Without breaking it down more than others out there, and keeping in mind there is still an ongoing investigation with more detail to be discovered, I feel comfortable in saying that Uvalde was a clear-cut case of the failure of leadership being the root cause that all others stem from. Uvalde was a rogue wave of these subsequent issues compounding into a full systemic failure with the most dire of consequences. People should be held fully accountable for their actions and inactions, and I pray they are.

Quick take-aways:
    -Personnel recruitment, training and management. Retaining good officers and termination of the unqualified.
    -Adequate vetting and accountability of leadership (admin) BEFORE critical incidents.
    -No culture of excellence and ownership of problems.
    -Complete lack of character and competence exhibited by the Chief of Police. This can have a wide-reaching influence on the entire department.

This is what doing it correctly as both the public and police looks like:

No One Injured at Dallas Summer Camp After Armed Employee Slowed a Shooter Until Police Arrived - The Truth About Guns

I'm taking steps to work on my ability to breach and gain access as patrol, and train up on such things. Take these lessons learned and at least reflect on them once. If you can, develop solutions in your life as you can and will.

A little motivation from Shakespeare:
    Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
    Or close the wall up with our English dead.
    In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;
    Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;

They ruled against the EPA.

I see people even speculating it will gut the FBI. But as we've seen, the deep state regime has been on a mission to delegitimize the court, so I'll believe it when it happens. Very good news, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The writing is on the wall regarding carbon emissions, ESG and the rest of the climate scam. It was extremely lucrative for a number of groups for a few decades, but it has seriously imperiled western societies. At some point the adults have to step in and take the matches out of the kids’ hands.
    As several have posted, I think this is what we've been waiting for: Supreme Court limits EPA authority to set power plant climate standards

The decision is the first time a majority opinion explicitly cited the so-called major questions doctrine to justify a ruling. That controversial doctrine holds that with issues of major national significance, a regulatory agency must have clear statutory authorization from Congress to take certain actions, and not rely on its general agency authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Interesting - but the DoJ openly admitted it "disagrees" with the last 2 major supreme court rulings and will not support them. If the judicial branch is not respected by the other branches of government, then we have a fundamentally larger problem going on here.
    Yes, we do. We have an actual Constitutional Crisis, not some bullshit that CNN invents because it doesn't like Trump's tweets.

__________________________________________________ ____________

And here's the latest thing to add to the offensive shit this "administration" has coughed up:

Now we're going to meet with the Taliban about unfreezing their money? – HotAir

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    As several have posted, I think this is what we've been waiting for: Supreme Court limits EPA authority to set power plant climate standards
    Another interesting case: Supreme Court to hear case on GOP ‘independent legislature’ theory that could radically reshape elections - POLITICO

The North Carolina Supreme Court ruled in February that the state’s congressional maps violated the state constitution by illegally favoring Republicans. The map — drawn by GOP legislators — could have given the party control of as many as 11 of the closely divided state’s 14 districts.

But the Republican legislators argued in an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court that the state court had extremely limited authority to police the legislature on federal election matters — a theory known as the “independent state legislature” theory.

The theory holds that state legislatures have near-uncheckable authority to set procedures for federal elections — and state courts have either a limited or even no ability to rule on those laws. The theory is based on a pair of clauses in the constitution, the Electors Clause and the Elections Clause, that mention state legislatures but do not explicitly mention the judiciary.
    Perhaps the Congress should have taken note of the fact that Supreme Court Justices don't like being harassed in their homes. They are getting some very important things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The writing is on the wall regarding carbon emissions, ESG and the rest of the climate scam. It was extremely lucrative for a number of groups for a few decades, but it has seriously imperiled western societies. At some point the adults have to step in and take the matches out of the kids’ hands.
    It does appear so. The machines entire foundation is dependent on it. If these fools try and stop it or even slow it down, they are committing suicide. Such actions will be much welcomed by nations that care for realistic actual growth and wealth development.
    Who’s Still Buying Fossil Fuels From Russia?

This is the full interview of which could be Malones most historic interview to date.
    Dr. Robert Malone - Texas Senate Committee on Health & Human Services [VIDEO]

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    They ruled against the EPA.

I see people even speculating it will gut the FBI. But as we've seen, the deep state regime has been on a mission to delegitimize the court, so I'll believe it when it happens. Very good news, nonetheless.
    I've seen some posts, tweets and opinions that the SCOTUS opinions were not as wide sweeping as first thought, and that the decision dealt more with the Clean Air Act and the affected "fossil fuel" industries. I'm going to wait a while for some conclusive interpretation from trusted legal minds before I get excited about this and I haven't had the time to look into it myself, but even a weaker decision against rampant regulatory action is welcome.

starting strength coach development program
    This looks like an actual justification for the invasion.

__________________________________________________ _

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I've seen some posts, tweets and opinions that the SCOTUS opinions were not as wide sweeping as first thought, and that the decision dealt more with the Clean Air Act and the affected "fossil fuel" industries. I'm going to wait a while for some conclusive interpretation from trusted legal minds before I get excited about this and I haven't had the time to look into it myself, but even a weaker decision against rampant regulatory action is welcome.
    I predict that by Monday the EPA will have announced that they will be disregarding the decision, because they don't like it, and that several other cabinet-level agencies will join with them.