starting strength gym
Page 2240 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 12401740214021902230223822392240224122422250229023402740 ... LastLast
Results 22,391 to 22,400 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by markus1 View Post
    What about the 'choice' of the bloke who also engages in intercourse?
    Good point. Men should at the very least have veto power on whether their own child is killed.

If abortion is legal then the man should have absolutely no responsibility in taking care of the child if he chooses. If abortion is illegal, the man must pay and take care of the child with support and such. This is the only clear conclusion I have with abortion. It puts the power of choice back to the women, she better be choosy on who she wants to get pregnant with…

On a side note… I know one person who I see regularly that had an abortion a while ago. They have not once mentioned anything about it with all this going on. In fact they have never mentioned anything relating to the topic. I don’t know how they feel on the issue now, but I doubt it’s proud. This person talks to me about everything, esp stuff in the news.
    I personally am opposed to abortion, I think its wrong on a personal level but on a societal level too. However, the topic of abortion and killing animals for food (I eat animals) are the hardest philosophical questions for man in my opinion… with suicide and assisted suicide coming much later. I don’t have the answers and who knows if there is one. The spectrum within killing innocence (baby or animal) or surviving (welfare or food) usually gets pushed to opposing ends. The gray area is messy, and involving the termination of life raises emotions quick. War of course is the ultimate fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    You're not being forced to give birth. Birth is the inevitable end state of pregnancy. If you throw a ball in the air, it will come down without intervention. If you get pregnant, you will give birth without intervention.

You cannot be forced to have a baby without being forcibly impregnated first. The state is not doing the forcible impregnation, therefore they are not doing any consequential actions from that. Ergo there is no obtuse point for libertarians to make themselves looks stupid over.
    By this rationale, outlawing cancer treatments for people who smoked would be a viable end state simply because the person was stupid enough to smoke in the first place. Perhaps this is where you pull out the non-equivalence card stating that the choice in abortion affects a life that you, every politician, and every religious organization won't give two flying fucks about? Fine. Then I would say you're just like the rest of them: getting hard at the thought of making someone do something against their will. Nut up or shut up. Start adopting these little bastards. You have 9 months to get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

And what about the blake (pronouncing it for you) who is assured by his loving partner that she is using contraception, and who is then surprised by a child for whom he is now responsible for 18 years.
    Never ever trust a woman. All the women I know agree with this statement btw.

Eulogy for a selfless Truth Warrior: Vladimir (Zev) Zelenko (1973-2022), in his own words - Dr Malone's substack today

He was a great man. It's an hour. I watched the video while cooking today. It tells this thread's story. It is infuriating. There must be Justice.

Rip - while I agree with you on the ethics of abortion. When you look at the demographics of WHO is getting abortions in this country, don't you think it's a good thing? I hate to say it, but abortion has been a net positive for USA. Now, you may say on a second order basis that those numbers would have come down as such, but frankly I doubt it. IMHO those numbers were what they were and could only be marginally changed; as such, ABORT BABY ABORT.

Why should the state even have the implied pretense of controlling how 2 or more consenting adults have sex? It’s beyond bizarre. It’s just as simple (even moreso, actually) to use contraception and abortion to stop unwanted pregnancies. It also has the benefit of being a perfectly moral solution to protecting the right of individuals to bodily autonomy.

The pro lifers, and conservatives more broadly, want to pretend their way is simple, natural, good, and consistent with freedom. It’s not. It’s tyranny of a different kind.

They’re just like the liberals—in some ways, much, much worse, and they refuse to see and understand it. They’re obsessed with controlling people’s lives in various ways because their imaginary friend who lives in the sky is easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    That's definitely a more sane view than "Rape is cool, just sit back and enjoy it" and "women can choose whether or not they want to accept the semens." You should quit your day job and consult for the dipshit politicians representing your views. Their evil is being broadcast to the entire globe.
    What specifically did he say with which you disagreed?

See why Abortion is a shitty topic for the forums? People cannot remain rational.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    On a side note… I know one person who I see regularly that had an abortion a while ago. They have not once mentioned anything about it with all this going on. In fact they have never mentioned anything relating to the topic. I don’t know how they feel on the issue now, but I doubt it’s proud. This person talks to me about everything, esp stuff in the news.
    How many people, you cocksman? "They" is plural.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Never ever trust a woman. All the women I know agree with this statement btw.
    My same experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AFNick68 View Post
    Rip - while I agree with you on the ethics of abortion. When you look at the demographics of WHO is getting abortions in this country, don't you think it's a good thing? I hate to say it, but abortion has been a net positive for USA. Now, you may say on a second order basis that those numbers would have come down as such, but frankly I doubt it. IMHO those numbers were what they were and could only be marginally changed; as such, ABORT BABY ABORT.
    This may come as a shock, but I am not opposed to the idea of eugenics. For example, what would be wrong with rewarding the conviction of a 3rd violent crime with forcible sterilization? How would that not benefit everybody involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    By this rationale, outlawing cancer treatments for people who smoked would be a viable end state simply because the person was stupid enough to smoke in the first place.
    You can't "outlaw" it, but you could damn sure make it First-Party Pay.

The Guardian is still repeating the propaganda that Jan. 6 was a "deadly attack" on the mighty US Government.
    January 6th was the ending of Animal House, except Neidermeyer actually managed to shoot and kill Flounder.

Quote Originally Posted by AFNick68 View Post
    Savage cavewomen should have all had abortions because now we have a world of nothing but savages who live in caves, right? I'm not weighing in on the abortion topic because it's a debate that just goes on forever, but I keep seeing this "the wrong people will procreate more now" argument and I don't agree with that at all. We aren't all just constant repeats of previous generations. I will say I think it is a perfect thing to delegate to the states, and Roe was based on logic that was so tortured its torturers should have been tried the same as concentration camp directors were.

This may come as a shock, but I am not opposed to the idea of eugenics. For example, what would be wrong with rewarding the conviction of a 3rd violent crime with forcible sterilization? How would that not benefit everybody involved?
    Given the bizarrely changing definitions of words lately, including "violence", I'm not sure I trust the government with this power. Really I don't trust them with much of anything anymore. Eugenics on the whole is another form of central planning, or playing god with a population. I have not seen any instance of any of this kind of playing god actually working out. Sure as fuck didn't with any of Marx's ideas.

starting strength coach development program
    What specifically did he say with which you disagreed?

See why Abortion is a shitty topic for the forums? People cannot remain rational.
    I would disagree with the biblical insistence of drawing the line right when the act happened. I can respect that it's an ambulance at the bottom of the hill / not a happy situation all around.

And it was a sincere comment. That is a better argument than some of the takes from other elected people regarding the argument he's addressing.

I would agree this is a shitty topic so sorry if you thought I was being too inflammatory.