starting strength gym
Page 2242 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 12421742214221922232224022412242224322442252229223422742 ... LastLast
Results 22,411 to 22,420 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is again an unbelievable reductio ad absurdum.
    I typed up a thoughtful, well-reasoned, argument for my position and then sat on it for a few hours and then deleted it. I’ve engaged in this debate for over 20 years and it remarkably *always* ends the same way.

I’ll simply state it this way: I disagree with the idea of the so-called “pro life” movement. If states are allowed to turn these rights into permissions, it will eventually lead to the erosion of every other right we have. I know lots of folks think my position is ridiculous. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    How The Netherlands Has Become The World’s Second Largest Food Exporter | by David Mcdonald | The Global Millennial | Medium

The policy in the previous article aims to slash by 50% the amount of livestock in the Netherlands, which is one of the world's largest exporters of agricultural goods.
    It would substantially decrease non-livestock food production too.
    The statistics here are slightly misleading. 80 percent or more of Dutch agricultural exports are to EU member states. Since the EU member states are functioning under a single market and with a common agricultural policy (I will get back to this in a moment), you can call this exports in the same way as you can call cattle deliveries from Texas to Illinois exports. Honest statisticians call this "intra-EU trade". It is really just shuffling products around in the single market. If you look at how much food is exported outside of the EU, the Netherlands is a decent exporter, but not a globally important one. I do agree with you that something sinister is going on, but it has nothing to do with organizing a global famine, which is really just a trope for shoddy journalism, but rather something that speaks to how rotten the EU system is. The Common Agricultural Policy is in my opinion the single most evil piece of legislature in existence. There is an almost completely revealed preference for reducing food production in the EU, in the sense that the Commission is literally paying farmers not to produce food. This has been going on for about 50 years. The entire thing was conceived by the French administration 50 years ago in order to make the rest of the Single Market agriculture sector non-competitive and concentrate all the relevant production in France. Farmers here and there resist this, as have the Dutch farmers for decades, so they occasionally need to be cut down to size. There are many, many ways to do this, the typical method was to invent diseases which lead to large culling of herds, and nitrogen reduction is just the newest addition to the arsenal. The effects of this are very clear if you take a ride down the EU countryside, especially if a member state is fairly recent - you see entire villages completely abandoned, while major food production industries get sold to Lactalis or Danone.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    I typed up a thoughtful, well-reasoned, argument for my position and then sat on it for a few hours and then deleted it. I’ve engaged in this debate for over 20 years and it remarkably *always* ends the same way.

I’ll simply state it this way: I disagree with the idea of the so-called “pro life” movement. If states are allowed to turn these rights into permissions, it will eventually lead to the erosion of every other right we have. I know lots of folks think my position is ridiculous. So be it.
    I didn't mean to point your entire position as ridiculous. I am pro abortion myself, for whatever that is worth. I was just taking issue with your broad painting of an entire class of people as superstitious idiots just because you don't agree with their position. I really just thought that kind of lazy argumentation was hurting your otherwise sound position in the debate (I am not Christian if that means anything, nor do I have a terribly good opinion on the Church).

This is amusing:

Why Canada Will Become a Dictatorship Under Trudeau - Huffpo Canada, 2014

Would a Prime Minister Trudeau arbitrarily whip the vote and outlaw certain moral questions? Could Prime Minister Trudeau be trusted to make decisions for the good of the country, not just for his personal self-worth? Would Trudeau call in the police to enforce his vision?
    Let's hope we never have the opportunity to ask those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post

TL; DR: Abortion is something culturally and morally unacceptable to Americans, so restrictions on this bodily right do not lead to larger erosions of liberty.

David: why are you still so intellectually hostile to the idea that certain beliefs in a nation are very, very strongly connected to the history and culture of that people? The connections are so obvious and so strong that these practices, dare I call them morals, are accepted by the population despite being antithetical to the Constitutional frameworks and rules of that country. THIS is how the "hypocritical" traditions and moral practices of a nation do not collapse into your slippery slope of erosion or individual rights. Of course the National Standards of a country that I describe are only possible with a more homogenous culture that allows limited immigration from culturally/ethnically/historically similar countries (I'm repeating myself, but go read Putnam's clarifications of his "Bowling Alone" conclusions), so maybe my point is a useless theoretical utopia.

I never responded to your long-ago post but the way I imagine many "pureblood" Libertarians violated their steadfast principles to meet cultural norms in the past include: vaccinating your children in order to attend school, subjecting yourselves to body scans, barefootedness and non-profiling strip-searches in airports, paying Federal Income Tax (threw that one in for laughs, but we all know how Wesley Snipes pushed the limits on this one then was imprisoned!)....and the list goes on! But the point is, you are not a Libertarian hypocrite to have gone along with such things, you are an American accepting the cultural and historical norms of the nation.

This is simply masterful trolling:
    The Russians renamed the square where the US Embassy in Moscow is to Donetsk Republic Square.
    A poll was taken amongst the residents of Moscow and some other LPR- and DNR-related options were popular, but this one got the plurality of votes.

And get this, OUR embassy refuses to put that new address on its website, putting just the GPS coordinates instead.

And on 7/1 Sobyanin (the mayor of Moscow) released a new poll to Muscovites to change the names of the squares where either the:
    German, UK, or Belgian/Latvian embassies are located! What is this called, top-level Kek trolling??

Translate the pages or ask me to decipher more for you, but this is HILARIOUS trolling, where the best our embassy did was to put out rainbow flags on Pride Day!!

Посольство США в Москве заменило адрес на сайте на координаты — РБК

Didn't there used to be fistfights in the halls of Congress? Whereas now the best trolling of our elite that we get is a Congressman shouting "you lie" during the SoU. And didn't Israel get chewed out a few years ago for its NYC ads about the only proper response to savages being savagery? I think a lot less politeness is needed from the opposition party, if we want any of the status quo to change.

Just had a family gathering for my 2nd grandson's birth. Four "covid" infections reported so far, all double vaxed and double boosted.

The unvaxed in my family are apparently immune to the coof, as none of us caught the shit.

Interesting.

As do many other places, Colorado suffers from leftist infiltration. Aspen has been particularly susceptible for a while:

Fascist officials of Aspen threaten to cancel a newspaper because its new owners are unwoke | the Aspen beat

The newspaper pissed off the leftists that run the place.

But now it’s getting serious. A group of the Aspen progressive establishment – the leftist elite who control the town – recently sent a letter to the new owners demanding they reinstate the fired staff, publish the content (of dubious veracity) that was withheld while the litigation was pending, and promise that in the future they will follow the publishing diktats of the letter-signers. The letter to the newspaper and the newspaper’s reply are HERE.

The letter-signers include all five county commissioners, the mayor and a former mayor, numerous city councilmen from Aspen, Snowmass and nearby Basalt, and the challenger to the Republican representative for the Congressional District that includes Aspen. Every single one is a Democrat, as are over 70% of Aspen residents.
    Interesting, but I particularly like this comment:

Steve (retired/recovering lawyer) on July 2, 2022 at 8:17 am said:
    Once again it is demonstrated that allowing a SINGLE Social Justice Warrior to infiltrate any organization is tantamount to allowing a single cancer cell to survive; it is a death sentence. That’s how cancer works; once established, it replicates vigorously, eventually overwhelming the host and replacing all the original “good” cells with deadly, cancerous ones. In the case of the Aspen Times, the SJW infection had already overwhelmed the organization itself before it was purchased by the new owners. One could draw an analogy to the situation that obtained when President Trump was inaugurated. Despite his election by clearly legal sufficiency, those who opposed him had burrowed deeply and widely into the clerical/administrative/political entity comprising the federal government, and they were not going to accept the change in leadership. The only effective way to deal with such an organization-wide infiltration is radical surgery; removal of the ENTIRE cancerous tumor regardless of the risk posed to the entity itself. Obviously, if the surgery is successful, the entity survives in the form desired by its original and proper leadership. If it does not survive, there is no reason to mourn the passing of the cancerous organization, since it no longer bears any relationship to the original entity. The new ownership of the Times must, if it wishes to survive, perform radical surgery on the staff, firing any and all who transgressed its editorial dictates or sympathized with those who did. If that results in any of the actions threatened by the signers of the referenced letter, legal action should be taken if at all possible, and at the very least, continued publication of the Times should be underwritten by the owners for a sufficiently long period of time for those disaffected by the paper’s actions to lose interest. If ownership is not willing or able to do so, it should simply pull the plug on the Times immediately, fire everyone, close up shop, sell everything and move on. History demonstrates that leftists, if resisted, eventually go on to other victims who show less vigorous opposition to their actions. Vox Day is entirely accurate in his advice to NEVER apologize, NEVER accommodate, NEVER waver in your position or retract a single thing. The left thrives on perceived weakness and folds up like a cheap suitcase in a rainstorm when it encounters resistance.

YET ANOTHER NATION REPORTS MASSIVE DECLINES IN BIRTHRATES 9 MONTHS AFTER THE START OF MASS INJECTIONS

The number of births in Hungary has decreased this year by 20 percent compared to the same period of the previous year.

Hungarian MP Mi Hazànk speaks in Parliament linking this dramatic fall in births to the nation’s mass vaccinations against Covid.
    Telegram: Contact @craigkelly

COVID Vaccines Increase Menstrual Irregularities Thousandfold, Fetal Abnormalities Hundredfold: Doctors’ VAERS Analysis

Baby August approved for heart transplant after massive backlash | America'''s Frontline Doctors

starting strength coach development program
    And here is the very best thing that can be said of the USA. It's important to remember that when the masks come off and the politicians are all lynched, as they should be, once LA and NYC and Seattle and DC are nuked from outer space and the state media actors and actress have been tortured to death, what remains is very good:https://seandietrich.com/mendon-missouri/

The Amtrak Southwest Chief runs through town regularly. On summer afternoons you can see the Amtrak locomotive in the distance, racing across the prairie like a polished chromium bullet. But the train never stops here. It just keeps moving.

Until last week.

It was a Monday that will live in infamy. The Southwest Chief made an unexpected stop near Mendon, of all places.

The Chief was traveling 87 mph, bound for Chicago. There were more people aboard than there are living within Mendon’s city limits.

Up ahead a dump truck was on the tracks. The truck was obstructing the crossing of County Road 113. This was not a small truck. This was a vehicle about the size of a Sonic Drive-In.

The train never slowed.

The sound of the collision could be heard from as far away as Westville. It was the noise of two General Electric diesel locomotives and seven Superliner cars plowing into a mass of Dearborn steel. The train was derailed.

Ron Goulet was riding coach.

“…I was airborne. Everything was tumbling. People on top of people. The train rolled on its right side—the entire train, except for the front locomotive.”

Carry-on bags went everywhere. Elbows collided with craniums. Shoes crashed into jaws. Children clashed against the ceiling.

“When I climbed up and out of the train…” said Ron, “I was stunned that the entire thing was lying on its side. Not in a jumbled mass, but all laid over on the side.”

The story made national headlines, of course. Reporters from national newspapers visited. They photographed, videoed and wrote. Cable news anchors wore frowny faces and mentioned the wreck, just before cutting to commercials urging elderly viewers to reverse mortgage their livers.

But somehow, the bigger story about what happened in Mendon was lost. Somehow, you didn’t hear about Mendon’s magnificent people.

Sure, you heard about the wreck itself; the 150 injured, and the four fatalities. But you didn’t hear about how the residents of Mendon—nearly every single resident—rushed to the scene of the accident.

Throngs of ordinary townspeople arrived before first responders even knew about the crash. There were volunteers crawling out of the wallpaper.

“It was a wonderful problem to have,” said school district superintendent, Eric Hoyt, “but we probably had too many volunteers show up.”

People came from all over Chariton County, riding beat-up Silverados, ATVs, or arriving on foot. They came from Sumner, Marceline, Cunningham, Brookfield and Indian Grove.

Two Boy Scout troops dutifully helped injured victims from the wreckage. Local high-schoolers were fashioning bandages out of bandannas. Old women recited the Lord’s Prayer alongside strangers in blood-stained clothes.

There were farmers, off-duty nurses, truck drivers, soccer moms, Little League coaches and grade-schoolers. They were doling out food, first aid, bottled water and, most importantly, phone chargers.

Victims were taken to local homes, fed, bathed and bandaged. Weeping passengers were embraced by rural preachers. Passengers using wheelchairs were lifted from the rubble by young men in ropers and camouflage caps.

Local schoolbus drivers transported the wounded to hospitals. Northwestern High School staff members triaged victims in the gymnasium and fed people in the cafeteria.

One resident said that Mendon didn’t feel like a 171-person town anymore. “It was like 671 people came together.”

And the most unusual thing about all this is: None of this is unusual. At least not within the national tapestry that is The Great American Small Town.
    It's very easy to get cynical these days, but I think it's important to remember that most of us -- even if we're not especially bright -- want to do the right thing, and when push comes to shove we will.

Happy Independence Day, my friends.