starting strength gym
Page 2250 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12501750215022002240224822492250225122522260230023502750 ... LastLast
Results 22,491 to 22,500 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is a trend, just beginning, that will very likely become common in a manner or weeks to months. It usually cost me $28-30 per day to fill up at the end of a shift, and it now usually takes $70-75. Mostly due to gasoline prices, but increased call volume and additional security for holidays/events have also been factors.

Ozark County Sheriff Issues Emergency OrderOzark Radio News | Ozark Radio News

Fairly rare for Australia - intruder entered home 4am, bloke fired a 'warning shot' at intruder's chest. Not surprising that they charged him with murder, but will be interesting to see if he's convicted of anything.

"According to a statement of alleged facts released by the court, Mr Kellet's wife Danielle, a ranger for NT Parks and Wildlife, woke around 4am to make a bottle for their two-year-old child, when she found an unknown man standing in the middle of her kitchen.

Police said her screams woke Mr Kellet who chased the man outside, before Ms Kellet called triple-0 and said "I'm sitting in my room, if he comes in here, he won't be walking out, I'll tell you that. I'm sitting in the room with my gun."

A lot of people here own shotguns but it is usually too much hassle to get a handgun licence - you have to be a member of a club and shoot there regularly, plus a long list of other crap.

Yngvi mentioned Rogan's interview with Marc Andreeson - it is a good one and the topic of nuclear energy came up. Marc mentioned Bret Kugelmas' interviews with a load of nuclear experts that I'll be looking into, because I've often wondered why my country doesn't have nuclear, given we have a shitload of uranium. I assume because we're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Fairly rare for Australia - intruder entered home 4am, bloke fired a 'warning shot' at intruder's chest. Not surprising that they charged him with murder, but will be interesting to see if he's convicted of anything.

"According to a statement of alleged facts released by the court, Mr Kellet's wife Danielle, a ranger for NT Parks and Wildlife, woke around 4am to make a bottle for their two-year-old child, when she found an unknown man standing in the middle of her kitchen.

Police said her screams woke Mr Kellet who chased the man outside, before Ms Kellet called triple-0 and said "I'm sitting in my room, if he comes in here, he won't be walking out, I'll tell you that. I'm sitting in the room with my gun."

A lot of people here own shotguns but it is usually too much hassle to get a handgun licence - you have to be a member of a club and shoot there regularly, plus a long list of other crap.

Yngvi mentioned Rogan's interview with Marc Andreeson - it is a good one and the topic of nuclear energy came up. Marc mentioned Bret Kugelmas' interviews with a load of nuclear experts that I'll be looking into, because I've often wondered why my country doesn't have nuclear, given we have a shitload of uranium. I assume because we're idiots.
    Sadly I think he'll get himself convicted with his statement to the cops of "Shit I meant to fire a warning shot" admitting that he had no idea where he was shooting at.

Never ever talk to the Police.

Depending on the jurisdiction, it may be worse to say that you intended to fire a warning shot and shot someone in the chest than to say I feared for my family's safety and shot an intruder. The former is arguably reckless and the later is possibly self defense. Since what constitutes a legal response to a threat is unfortunately subject to prosecutorial discretion, even a clear act of self defense could still be charged as murder.

A police officer was convicted of manslaughter says because she intended to use a taser but instead used a gun. If she had said that she feared for my life and shot someone, the homicide might have been legal or she could have been charged with murder.

This happened in Australia, Logan. Australia is not Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This happened in Australia, Logan. Australia is not Texas.
    Understood. That's why I said it that it depends on the jurisdiction. I have no idea if someone in Australia would be better arguing that killing someone with a warning shot is better than claiming self-defense.

I think the recent history of Australia has shown that the government controls the behavior of Australians, and governments like that always reserve the power and authority to kill for themselves. Doesn't matter if it's a "warning shot" or intentional center-mass, you're going downtown. In the tradition of the UK and New Zealand, southern hemisphere Europeans are subjects of the State, not autonomous citizens with rights that exist outside the State.

However, New York is not Texas, or really even America anymore: Why is New York Persecuting a Man for Defending Himself? - Based Politics

Alba was working behind the counter of a convenience store when a woman’s credit card was declined. The woman’s boyfriend got very upset and then went around and entered the Alba’s space behind the register—cornering him. The man then shoved Alba hard, slamming him into the corner and then loomed over him. Backed against a wall—literally—Alba then retrieved a knife he presumably kept there for self-protection and stabbed his attacker multiple times.
    Watch the video.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Our man Megan Rapinoe in the news: Megan Rapinoe is awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom |

President Biden awarded soccer star and gay and female rights activist Megan Rapinoe — repulsive in her obnoxious, self-smitten, classless conduct throughout the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France that thoroughly open-minded Americans were moved to root against our team — the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor.

The medal represents “exemplary contributions to the prosperity, values, or security of the United States, world peace, or other significant societal, public or private endeavors.”

Yet Rapinoe, during and after that World Cup, established herself as exemplary of unmitigated selfishness and classlessness, starting with her knee-takings during the U.S. anthem, eagerly demonstrating on an international stage her contempt for her country, beneath her citizenship.

In a senseless 13-0 humiliation of Thailand, Rapinoe made sure to stand out as the biggest bully. Her easy goal to make it 9-0 was followed by her abandonment of assisting teammates in order to run the length of the field in nauseating self-aggrandizement.

Hey, without that goal, it would’ve been only 8-0, lots of time left for more!
    One more example of the Biden Administration rubbing our noses in shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I think the recent history of Australia has shown that the government controls the behavior of Australians, and governments like that always reserve the power and authority to kill for themselves. Doesn't matter if it's a "warning shot" or intentional center-mass, you're going downtown. In the tradition of the UK and New Zealand, southern hemisphere Europeans are subjects of the State, not autonomous citizens with rights that exist outside the State.
    Probably the same in some parts of the US. There is a Bodega worker in NYC charged with second-degree murder in spite of a video that shows what is clearly self-defense. If that had happened in Florida, he almost certainly would not have been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Never ever talk to the Police.
    I would like to take this opportunity to second the speaker.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post

Rip is right. Here is how France responded to a farmer with a gun defending his family from a group of four migrants who broke into his house:
    'I am opposed to self-defense' – Macron says farmer had no right to kill a burglar who broke into his home

In order for nuclear power to work safely, a society needs three characteristics:
    -Stable, largely homogenous high-trust society
    -Low corruption and a general pride in high quality craftsmanship
    -Strong sense of pride in people, community and nation

If these three conditions are not met, millions can be killed due to:
    -Terrorism or internal strife between diverse groups of people
    -Shoddy building practices and cut corners
    -Willful incompetence or poor hiring practices (If money is more important than people, community and nation, apathy will prevail. If you do not have pride in your people, community and nation, money will be the more important of the two.)
    Andreesen has a strong bias against recognizing these factors, as he is a strong immigration advocate.

Andreessen also said something about zero or very few people dying from civilian nuclear power, however Chernobyl has been estimated to have caused at least 1,000,000 deaths from both deterministic and stochastic effects.
    Maybe he considers Chernobyl a military reactor and believes similar incompetence could not occur if it were a civilian reactor.