starting strength gym
Page 2265 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12651765216522152255226322642265226622672275231523652765 ... LastLast
Results 22,641 to 22,650 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dr Risch has always tried to take a balanced approach with regards to the data and stats. If he saw that there was efficacy, he would admit to that. So if he is making such a statement now, then this data is unquestionable.
    Negative Efficacy: How Many Vaccinated People Get Infected for Every Unvaccinated Individual?

Here is the full interview
    Dr. Harvey Risch: Why Are Vaccinated People Getting COVID at Higher Rates Than the Unvaccinated?
    Last edited by Gilead; 07-19-2022 at 01:31 PM.

I've been thinking, what if what we're seeing here is just the modern priestly class struggling against its new position? I was listening to the gyms podcast at work, and hearing Ray talk about his disputes with his mother's cardiologist got me thinking. These people are used to the same sort of unquestioning obedience and veneration that the medieval clergy enjoyed. Why? Because those fuckers were the only way anyone could even know what the hell was even in the bible. Once literacy exploded with the advent of the printing press, that changes, and those priests saw their hold on the world start to decline. They tried to muster all the power they still had to persecute anyone who seemed to be a focal point of challenges to their authority, but people started to be exposed to opposing views on scripture and even could read it themselves. Much the same thing here. The "uninitiated" have new tools available to actually build foundations to question and challenge the assertions of "the experts" without having to be accepted into their ranks. History will remember these people about as fondly as the shitheads who locked up Galileo. They certainly act a lot like them.

An excellent analogy, Commander. Almost not even an analogy.

This is a pretty important article.
    US agencies aren't 'following the science' on COVID

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    He was on benzos, so he went to Russia as Covid started to do some weird therapy where they put him in an induced coma to come off the meds. It didn’t work, so he went to Serbia for additional treatment, no idea what they did to him there, but he’s been as whiny as a Serbian grandma afterwards. They treated him like 200 miles from where I live, so I know what those grandmas are like. He is supposed to be off the meds now.
    Peterson is a lunatic and pathological liar. He lies about the dumbest shit, like that time on Rogan he claimed apple cider almost killed him and kept him awake for a month. He's written about having visions of his grandmother's soft gray pubes stroking his face. And, no, I'm not joking. His house is literally filled with soviet propaganda, which he claims is there to "remind him of totalitarian evil". I just wonder why he doesn't have Nazi propaganda plastering his walls, if this is such an important concern for him. I could go on and on. He's the typical mental health professional crazier than all his patients.

All that said, his interview with Camille Paglia from a few years ago was great, and worth watching. But mainly for Paglia.

From Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief:

I dreamed I saw my maternal grandmother sitting by the bank of a swimming pool, which was also a river. In real life, she had been a victim of Alzheimer's disease and had regressed to a semi-conscious state. In the dream, as well, she had lost her capacity for self-control. Her genital region was exposed, dimly; it had the appearance of a thick mat of hair. She was stroking herself, absentmindedly. She walked over to me, with a handful of pubic hair compacted into something resembling a large artist's paintbrush. She pushed this at my face. I raised my arm, several times, to deflect her hand; finally, unwilling to hurt her, or interfere with her any further, I let her have her way. She stroked my face with the brush, gently, and said, like a child, “Isn 't it soft?” I looked at her ruined face and said, “Yes, Grandma, it's soft.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An excellent analogy, Commander. Almost not even an analogy.
    One that no point of consolidated power has ever escaped in the history of humanity. Stand-to, gentlemen. The next part is also unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Peterson is a lunatic and pathological liar. He lies about the dumbest shit, like that time on Rogan he claimed apple cider almost killed him and kept him awake for a month. He's written about having visions of his grandmother's soft gray pubes stroking his face. And, no, I'm not joking. His house is literally filled with soviet propaganda, which he claims is there to "remind him of totalitarian evil". I just wonder why he doesn't have Nazi propaganda plastering his walls, if this is such an important concern for him. I could go on and on. He's the typical mental health professional crazier than all his patients.
    All of this is true. I would maybe add the words "put together" at the end of your last sentence. It is why I like him, but as pure entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I didn't mean to point your entire position as ridiculous. I am pro abortion myself, for whatever that is worth. I was just taking issue with your broad painting of an entire class of people as superstitious idiots just because you don't agree with their position. I really just thought that kind of lazy argumentation was hurting your otherwise sound position in the debate (I am not Christian if that means anything, nor do I have a terribly good opinion on the Church).
    It’s not just because I don’t agree with their position on this particular issue. Their position is wrong. It’s illogical. It’s irrational.

And, they’re not idiots. In regards to this issue, they have mystical beliefs with no basis in reality. It’s more like a disease infecting an otherwise wonderful person. If they keep those beliefs more or less to themselves, it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. If they act out on them, and start forcing people to do things against their will, they’re going to create a problem for themselves, just like the liberals did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    TL; DR: Abortion is something culturally and morally unacceptable to Americans, so restrictions on this bodily right do not lead to larger erosions of liberty.

David: why are you still so intellectually hostile to the idea that certain beliefs in a nation are very, very strongly connected to the history and culture of that people? The connections are so obvious and so strong that these practices, dare I call them morals, are accepted by the population despite being antithetical to the Constitutional frameworks and rules of that country. THIS is how the "hypocritical" traditions and moral practices of a nation do not collapse into your slippery slope of erosion or individual rights. Of course the National Standards of a country that I describe are only possible with a more homogenous culture that allows limited immigration from culturally/ethnically/historically similar countries (I'm repeating myself, but go read Putnam's clarifications of his "Bowling Alone" conclusions), so maybe my point is a useless theoretical utopia.

I never responded to your long-ago post but the way I imagine many "pureblood" Libertarians violated their steadfast principles to meet cultural norms in the past include: vaccinating your children in order to attend school, subjecting yourselves to body scans, barefootedness and non-profiling strip-searches in airports, paying Federal Income Tax (threw that one in for laughs, but we all know how Wesley Snipes pushed the limits on this one then was imprisoned!)....and the list goes on! But the point is, you are not a Libertarian hypocrite to have gone along with such things, you are an American accepting the cultural and historical norms of the nation.
    You only get 30 logical fallacies per post before I give up.

I will address the abortion claim, however: It’s false. Even if it weren’t, it wouldn’t matter. 300 million Americans *can* be (and are) wrong. The activists are wrong to the point that they will start lying about the history of the U.S. to shoehorn in their mystical beliefs about abortion.

This happened for decades with the left. Now it’s the right’s turn.

starting strength coach development program
    Good lord...

MUST READ: Facing the Beast

From Naomi Wolf:

"PSYOP-19 as the perfect depopulation and control program run by the CCP across the Western world via slow kill bioweapons as aided and abetted by the CIA, Bill Gates, BigPharma, BigTech, UN, IMF, WHO, et al., and the illegitimate WEF “penetrated” governments."