starting strength gym
Page 2272 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 12721772217222222262227022712272227322742282232223722772 ... LastLast
Results 22,711 to 22,720 of 30206

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He was a Republican. Remember when Eric Holder refused a Congressional subpoena? And how he was held in Contempt of Congress? And how he's not in jail? And how he never was in jail?
    If "contempt of congress" is a jailable offense they're gonna have to lock up the whole country. Maybe that's what the lockdown really was, our sentence for all the contempt we have toward congress.

Monkey pox officially declared a global emergency by the WHO. It is predominately passed on through gay male sex.

Here are the only two questions: will we all uniformly be restricted in our lives or just the high risk? I have my suspicions.

And, will I get the credit on this forum (my family stopped listening to me a long time ago) that all of this is driven by political correctness and not the evil secret societies, wef, or Bill Gates?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    And, will I get the credit on this forum (my family stopped listening to me a long time ago) that all of this is driven by political correctness and not the evil secret societies, wef, or Bill Gates?
    The jury's still out on that, Barry.

The FDA now allows pharmacists to distribute Paxlovid without a physician’s prescription. Doctors: thank you for your support throughout these trying times, but the science no longer requires you.

Are you guys keeping track of all this Hey!-it-happens! shit? South Carolina Football Legend Dead at 43

The list is accumulating into an actual excess-deaths statistic.

__________________________________________________ ____________

And sorry in advance for the Twitter link, but this is what "Storming the Capital on Jan. 6" looked like: https://twitter.com/i/status/1441008337882071048

Omaha Beach was "stormed" on June 6, 1944. It looked different. And yet the DOJ continues in their effort to make dissent a crime -- which kinda sounds familiar in a Soviet sort of way:
    J6 political prisoner commits suicide… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Of all of the horrible shit that has happened over the past 2 years, this is the worst -- by far.

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT — A Lycoming County man awaiting sentencing for entering the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, has died. The death of Mark R. Aungst, 47, was ruled a suicide.

Aungst pleaded guilty June 27 in District of Columbia federal court to a charge of demonstrating or parading in a restricted building. His sentencing was scheduled for Sept. 27 before Judge Reggie B. Walton. He could have been sentenced up to six months in prison and fined $5,000. Aungst and co-defendant Tammy A. Bronsburg, who pleaded guilty to the same charge, traveled by bus to Washington on Jan. 6, 2021 for President Trump’s “stop the steal” rally. They then joined others and marched to the Capitol.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mona Furst said the prosecution had evidence showing Aungst and Bronsburg entering the Capitol through the Senate fire door by the parliamentarian’s office approximately 2:45 p.m. and leaving 30 seconds later. Twenty minutes later they re-entered the building through the Senate wing door, and took photos and videos on their cell phones as they walked through the Capitol and into Senate Room 145.

Bronsburg later posted a video she took in the Capitol on Facebook and when Aungst returned to the bus he showed others his pictures, said Furst. Neither assaulted a police officer nor stole or damaged government property, the prosecutor had said at a previous court proceeding.
    Storming. Makes you physically ill.

Monkey pox officially declared a global emergency by the WHO. It is predominately passed on through gay male sex.

Here are the only two questions: will we all uniformly be restricted in our lives or just the high risk? I have my suspicions.

The issue is not with your identification of political correctness as a harmful psychological phenomenon. The issue is with the fact that you seem to consider it a phenomenon that grows spontaneously in a society ex nihilo. You don't even account for the different paths "political correctness" might take that could be diametrically opposed to what this particular moment in our society says is "correct". In fact, a healthy society would have a healthy political correctness that shuns degeneracy and weakness instead of worshiping it. The Romans certainly had this to an extreme degree. Americans had a more tempered version prior to the 1960s. Why does this current political correctness do the opposite? You have no explanation for that. You just use hyperbole like "evil secret societies" for the tangible and put all the blame on something intangible.

"Don't look there! We have no one to blame but our own fallibility as humans!" reeks of a desperate attempt to salvage institutional trust.

But how do you explain the hypocrisy of their political correctness ending at THEIR doorsteps for illegal immigration, gun control laws, and criminal justice reform, and at THEIR noses when it comes to masking? Doesn't the fact that hypocrisy usually has "bigger picture" motivations throw your PC theory right out the door, Barry?

In any case, I was planning to write the exact opposite of your deduction on PC after listening to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Demographic replacement is the most dangerous subversion of western nations; China is in no way responsible for this one.
    Tucker Carlson: Nothing like this has ever happened - YouTube
    Occam's Razor would posit that indifferent piticians (typo but I'm leaving it because our American politicians are pitiful) would simply leave borders unattended and "let nature sort it out" as to who makes it across or not.
    Actively bussing and flying visa-free South American tourists into our country? That is such a unquestionably pro-active yet viscerally anti-survival move that I question how anyone could NOT see organized, hateful powers at work here.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The issue is not with your identification of political correctness as a harmful psychological phenomenon. The issue is with the fact that you seem to consider it a phenomenon that grows spontaneously in a society ex nihilo. You don't even account for the different paths "political correctness" might take that could be diametrically opposed to what this particular moment in our society says is "correct". In fact, a healthy society would have a healthy political correctness that shuns degeneracy and weakness instead of worshiping it. The Romans certainly had this to an extreme degree. Americans had a more tempered version prior to the 1960s. Why does this current political correctness do the opposite? You have no explanation for that. You just use hyperbole like "evil secret societies" for the tangible and put all the blame on something intangible.

"Don't look there! We have no one to blame but our own fallibility as humans!" reeks of a desperate attempt to salvage institutional trust.
    Have you ever experienced or witnessed political correctness? If yes, how did it come to be? If no, good for you!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    This is what I meant when I said that the US is not "your" land
    In that case, you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I’m reading a book by an Italian guy, Giovanni Arrighi, called The Long Twentieth Century. It describes the formation of different banking and industrial and government systems from the 14th century on. A curious thing he notices is how at certain times the banking elites, when they realize they are losing hold over global economies and trade and so on, retreat to their jurisdictions and start buying up land and real estate while they can still put their paper to good use. This is probably one of those moves. Catherine Austin Fitts also had a good idea in 2020, she tracked the movement of the BLM riots and came to the conclusion that the riots were almost designed to devalue strategic swaths of real estate in key cities.
    The argument makes sense in many ways.
    The information that may not fit with the theory:
    -Wealthy Chinese and people from other nations' banking classes have retreated to US and other western nations to buy up real estate
    -The bankers buying up western real estate are international bankers; They are the biggest players in the US public stock markets. It is difficult to find the number, but if the trend has continued, non-US citizens now own over 50% of stock in publicly traded companies in the US (compared with 2%-3% in 1965). In effect, the money being used to buy the real estate is mostly not sourced from US citizens (except for the taxpayer dollars), the profits will mostly not go to US citizens (or residents) and it is managed by highly cosmopolitan individuals who rarely spend time in the US outside of NY, LA, Chicago and Miami.

I believe the theory is at least partially correct in regards to some of the US banking families, like the Gates, buying up real estate, but there is the other component of international finance where they are not retreating to their own jurisdictions, instead speculating on the land of foreign countries in an internationally financed and coordinated way.

The other interesting piece of information with regards to China is their current protests are in response to Xi's recent change in policy that proclaimed "Houses are for living in; not for financial speculation".
    President Xi preemptively ended the Ponzi scheme and popped the bubble.