starting strength gym
Page 2275 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 12751775217522252265227322742275227622772285232523752775 ... LastLast
Results 22,741 to 22,750 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Jovan defined "they" to be the Federal Reserve, which I strongly believe to be a real organization made up of real people with real names.
    ]
    Yes it is. I also don’t trust them. But that’s hardly a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Yes it is. I also don’t trust them. But that’s hardly a theory.
    Run the theory by us again. It's that ill-will (or treason, or hatred for fellow man, or blind profit motivation; use your own preferred negative adjective) are not motivations for the policemen and business owners and politicians enforcing all this madness, because they are motivated simply by benevolent PC principles?

Doesn't that sound naive and short-sighted?

Just admit that PC is one of many tools used to wield unjustified, harmful power over others and I think you'll have most of this board on the same side as you. Then all this rhetorical energy can be focused on solutions instead of nitpicking.

If you don't think there are people trying to wield unjustified, harmful power over everyone, I'll have to ask you what it is that you think the politicians, policemen, doctors, and big businessmen have been trying to do these past two years (at least!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Just admit that PC is one of many tools used to wield unjustified, harmful power over others and I think you'll have most of this board on the same side as you. Then all this rhetorical energy can be focused on solutions instead of nitpicking.
    I posted the quote here a while ago, but Rush Limbaugh essentially defined PC as speech policing. I also offered a definition a while ago, but it was probably overly baroque and I like Rush's better. That's all it is. Speech and thought policing. Who is doing the policing? And why is speech contrary to one specific set of values policed?

It's pretty clear Barry has no answer, outside of proffered riddles, for why this apparatus might encourage masculine strength, closeting of degeneracy, and honor in one society, while encouraging weakness, celebration of degeneracy, and cowardice in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Run the theory by us again. It's that ill-will (or treason, or hatred for fellow man, or blind profit motivation; use your own preferred negative adjective) are not motivations for the policemen and business owners and politicians enforcing all this madness, because they are motivated simply by benevolent PC principles?

Doesn't that sound naive and short-sighted?

If you don't think there are people trying to wield unjustified, harmful power over everyone, I'll have to ask you what it is that you think the politicians, policemen, doctors, and big businessmen have been trying to do these past two years (at least!)

My theory for the COVID response of quarantine for all, which was implemented over quarantine for the vulnerable, was due do to the non-discriminatory nature of applying rules to everyone equally. This is what I informally call PC.

My reasoning is that PC had been increasing for decades, that COVID was known to be highly skewed towards increasing age, and that older people are a powerful voting lobby. Furthermore, roughly assuming a 50/50 split between the two response options, quarantine for all was a newer idea that came from a younger generation of modelers and forecasters that were pushing the value of their untested skills. This crowd is far more comfortable with PC ideas then the established community.

I am sure that this bad consensus decision opened the doors for a frenzy of corruption, profiteering, power wielding, and other evils. PC seems to often do this. But I don’t see intelligent design or a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Lying fucking slut! Peoples lives were destroyed by this bitch and others like her.
    Dr. Birx Makes Stunning Confession — She and Fauci 'Overplayed the Vaccines' - Becker News
    I am seeing a move to scapegoat Brix and Fauci. I mean, I would love to see both of these fuckers quartered, but it should not stop at them. Curiously, there is enough of a momentum right now for a serious reckoning. I didn't expect this. I guess they just killed far too many people for money.

This Jan. 6 shit is extremely disturbing to me. These fuckers are going to use it to try to keep us from voting in November. But a few nagging facts remain in the way: https://archive.ph/m9Y7J

House Democrats' marquee summer show of primetime investigative hearings ended Thursday night where it began: unable or unwilling to answer essential questions about the Jan. 6 Capitol breach.

Chief among them: If Donald Trump wanted to incite violence that fateful day, as his critics suggest, then why did he order the Pentagon to have a large military force ready to quell a disturbance? And why did a Democrat-led Congress turn down the assistance of pop National Guard troops in the face of intelligence warnings about violence?

By their own admission, Democrats set up the hearings to evade such scrutiny. They declared any questions about what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi knew about the potential for Jan. 6 violence and when she knew it were off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I am seeing a move to scapegoat Brix and Fauci. I mean, I would love to see both of these fuckers quartered, but it should not stop at them. Curiously, there is enough of a momentum right now for a serious reckoning. I didn't expect this. I guess they just killed far too many people for money.
    There does appear to be momentum in the US and possibly the UK. Hopefully there will be a reckoning.

Bombshell: Possible Fraudulent Images Used In Key Alzheimer’s Study Has Misled Research For Years, Report Says | The Daily Wire

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Furthermore, roughly assuming a 50/50 split between the two response options, quarantine for all was a newer idea that came from a younger generation of modelers and forecasters that were pushing the value of their untested skills. This crowd is far more comfortable with PC ideas then the established community.
    Neil Ferguson is hardly a "younger generation". I agree that he was pushing the value of his skills, but they were anything but untested. He was proven equally wrong on numerous occasions. Plus, he is as established as it gets, as is Fauci. If we assume you are not trolling or purposefully trying to muddy the waters, then you simply need to look at the reality of the situation, instead of living in la-la land.

starting strength coach development program
    I have been noticing a very large increase in illegal alien activity the past three weeks.
    Maybe Walmart thinks it needs to replace its few remaining American workers?

Last time I was there, I watched for 10 minutes as the 70 year old American worker tried in vain to teach one African migrant, one Middle Eastern migrant, and the Spanish-speaking customer how to key in the item code for some apples.
    Walmart Stock Suffers Biggest Crash in 35 Years | The Motley Fool

SA: Walmart shares fall ~ 8% after hours as US-retail giant cuts profit outlook for Q2, FY - The Loadstar