starting strength gym
Page 2285 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12851785218522352275228322842285228622872295233523852785 ... LastLast
Results 22,841 to 22,850 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    vaccineregrets on Gab: 'Seriously...

What the hell is going on?? Who is …' - Gab Social

What in the absolute fucking hell is happening right now? This is the woman who is about to start WWIII?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We elect a different government. If they let us. If not, then Plan B is in effect.
    They won't let you, so I guess plan B.

Changhing the subject, this is interesting:
    Dutch Farmer Speaks - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I am satisfied with Jovan's response though.
    But since no one actually stopped illegal immigration in the US (at least that's what I'm getting from you), I ask for a third time, how do you solve this?
    A buddy just told me the other day. He was speaking to a French guy, some kind of Yellow Vest lefty. The last time they spoke about immigration was in 2017, my guy was telling the French guy that the government immigration policy was bad - we are not terribly PC here, so we don't choose nice words to describe different groups and so on. The French guy back then was like, you guys are all racists and nazis. Anyway, now the French guy is like, fuck you were completely right. He said the French in the cities were already starting to "organize" and "arm up", so we shouldn't be surprised if a civil war broke out there in the next five years or so. I am surprised how much patience Italians have had towards the EU, especially when it comes to "immigration policy". You got documented cases of Dutch NGO's operating ships to ferry guys from Libya to Calabria, yet at the same time some slimy assholes from the Dutch parliament go around and call Italy a failed state. This will not go away if Italians just clap from the balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    That is exactly what I said; You are one of the lucky few who does not have to deal with them or the problems they cause.
    Yet, you condescendingly tell other people to pay the price
    I wonder if having Greg Abbot fly 5000 illegal immigrants to his town will change his mind. Sure changed Muriel Bowser's mind real fucking quick, and even Joe Biden. They're actually continuing construction on the Trump wall now. All it took was a mere fraction of the immigrant surge we've gotten (I swear, the population of Long Island has doubled since Obama) showing up on their doorstep and now it's a national emergency. Fuck these hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    All right, I don't think you understand what I was saying.
    You got bigger problems than this one.
    Your president is an old pedophile with dementia.
    Your press is constantly lying to you.
    Your vote doesn't count.
    Your government has been lying to you since god knows how long and is playing a very dangerous game, for the 2nd time, with Russia.
    Your money is always losing value.
    You have no more privacy.
    Your mental health problems are through the roof, along with your drug consumption.
    You have the fattest population on Earth (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Neo-marxism and neo-liberalism have risen exponentially in the last few years, along with the radical extremist movements of Antifa, BLM and the LGBTQ movement, who went from having only 3 letters in their name to legislating censorship and obtaining the right to chemically castrate children.
    Yes and no. problems are all interconnected. They feed into each other. Many of these problems gave us massive illegal immigration, but massive illegal immigration also feeds into and reinforces them. Keeping it while trying to go after them means leaving them a source of support.
    "Your president is an old pedophile with dementia." Partly because of ballots that were harvested from...illegal immigrants.
    "Your press is constantly lying to you." Okay, this is one I can't immediately connect to illegal immigration, but there might still be less direct connections. For the record, I'm willing to bet YOUR press is constantly lying to you too. Major media is just the marketing wing of power player factions at this point.
    "Your vote doesn't count." See the first point.
    "Your government has been lying to you since god knows how long and is playing a very dangerous game, for the 2nd time, with Russia." Goes right back to the first point again. They get away with this so much because illegal immigration has helped short circuit the electoral accountability mechanisms.
    "Your money is always losing value." Unchecked illegal immigration inflates the fuck out of rent and housing. Also, see previous point about accountability mechanisms.
    "You have no more privacy." Accountability mechanisms again.
    "Your mental health problems are through the roof, along with your drug consumption." Fixing other stuff will help fix this. If you're gonna be a whataboutist with a problem, this is the one, not illegal immigration. Being unable to find work or afford a place to live, that'll negatively affect mental health in the population for sure. Guess what helps make that happen?
    "You have the fattest population on Earth (correct me if I'm wrong)." I don't fucking care. Making the average American less fat has little effect on my life. Also, when those illegals come over here and start on that cheap American fast food diet, guess what happens to them? Never mind that "fattest population" measurements usually use BMI, a metric that classifies muscular people as overweight/obese. You can't legislate away fatness anyway without giving totalitarianism a foothold in your government.
    "Neo-marxism and neo-liberalism have risen exponentially in the last few years, along with the radical extremist movements of Antifa, BLM and the LGBTQ movement, who went from having only 3 letters in their name to legislating censorship and obtaining the right to chemically castrate children." These movements are hugely bolstered by illegal immigrants' children, who are taught that they are underprivileged and oppressed, and must leverage victimhood points to get ahead in life. They are also materially supported by the democrat party, which, you guessed it, leverages illegal immigration to secure its power.

There's no reason to ignore illegal immigration and only focus on these problems, because these problems, including illegal immigration are all connected. Spending time trying to figure out which is the right problem to focus on to the exclusion of the others is an excellent way to paralyze yourself. Fixing society isn't like blowing up the death star, there isn't one little hole you shoot the torpedoes into and the whole thing blows. You have to go after EVERY problem, however and whenever you can.

I ask for a third time, how do you solve this?
    Apparently Greg Abbott's administration has found the solution: offer to bus illegals you pick up straight to DC, a sanctuary city. All it took was 5,000 or so and the establishment lost their fucking minds and called in the national guard, along with actually resuming construction on Trump's border wall (irony so rich it makes me believe in God).

What term do the Italians use?
    Heh. One thing if they’re from Eastern Europe and another if they’re from Africa… neither of which consists of “immigrant” nor “alien.”

That reminds me; I owe my cousin a most sincere apology for me being wrong about Berlusconi when I was dumb and in my 20s. I was wrong about a lot of things back then.

Has someone hacked your account? You are not normally this dense.
    Francesco has given us the opportunity to see why TPTB hate Patriotism, and what the logic and reasoning of a person who hates it look like (dense).

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Patriotism had nothing to do with the war here. It was 100 percent Mi6 (East India Company). As usual. We learned our lesson, so we put a stop to the 2015 immigration thing at the border. This has been pretty patriotic, and quite successful actually. We are all pretty angry that we have to give our cops a high five on something. But then you go to Berlin, meet a guy from Syria, tell him you are from Croatia and he goes "fuck, you guys are dangerous".
    Jovan, I am not nit-picking; I want to understand your POV better. Weren't you railing against the idea that Russians might ignore their checkered Soviet past out of a sense of patriotism? Or that patriotism is NOT that, and rather, people only ignore the dirty parts of their nation's history only for self-preservation? And patriotism doesn't really even exist? I dropped the convo there because it seemed to be headed nowhere but with Francesco's latest posts, I hope you can see why Patriotism (let's define it as healthy separation from others, or Beautiful Balkanization) is necessary and Good.

Francesco, I feel you man, the thought processes you must be going through with your latest posts. Yngvi is basically 100% correct and if you substitute your family for 'countries' and your girlfriend or mom getting beaten and raped inside their homes for 'don't blame the illegal aliens for being there,' you'll understand how absurd you sound. And sorry but my accusations of you Just Not Liking Whypipo have kind of played out over your last few posts. Just break it down into its basic parts, a lot like how Rip took complicated ball-balancing with five-pound weights and RPE and simplified it into 5x3 barbell training.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas authorized the new plan, which was started by the Trump administration, in an effort to "deploy modern, effective border measures" and improve "safety and security along the Southwest Border," the agency said.

Cool. It's gone from racist and ridiculous to modern and effective.

Soon Biden will be telling us that if you're against the wall you ain't black. Speaking of against the wall, that sounds like a good invasion mediation idea. If only we weren't so estrogenic in modern backwards times.

They Really Do Want Us Dead, Part 86: WTAF?! (Yes, I missed this one) in [Market-Ticker-Nad]

Sweet Jesus, how many people died because there was no notice whatsoever of this, and, from the data, it certainly appears to work. Hydroxyurea, to be specific.

Of course if run-death-is-near has destroyed your kidney function you're screwed, I'd expect this won't unscrew you. But assuming that didn't happen this looks awfully damn good. May I remind you that in my county, in the last half of 2021, the one county hospital (yeah, makes it easy to figure out the place that's a damned death sentence) sent nearly nine out of ten Covid people who came in there out in a box.

This protocol had an 85% success rate rescuing people who were screwed to the point of being near death and had been transferred for palliative care -- that is, medicine had given up on them and they were going to die.

EIGHTY FIVE PERCENT OF THE TIME. GIVEN THIS TREATMENT, THEY DID NOT DIE and, far more importantly, none who didn't die were left with residual impairment either; all were returned to their prior respiratory status.

Folks, I have never seen a record like that for any therapy among people who have been written off (e.g. on palliative care.) If you managed to save ten percent of such people you would be considered a God and might well get a Nobel Prize!

This is not a "safe" drug by any means (I would certainly not screw with it on my own) but by God if you're headed for death's door who gives a crap? Especially when it works 85% of the time among a population of people who without it are nearly 100% certain to die.

This drug has a long history of use among people with Sickle Cell disease, is ridiculously cheap, about $25 for sixty capsules and, by the data, could have saved nearly everyone who got in serious trouble --and this paper was published in October of 2021! What's worse is that the hospital in North Carolina that ran this protocol did so starting in April of 2020 and the results WERE SAT ON FOR A YEAR AND A HALF RATHER THAN BEING WIDELY DISSEMINATED AND FOLLOWED UP.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    A buddy just told me the other day. He was speaking to a French guy, some kind of Yellow Vest lefty. The last time they spoke about immigration was in 2017, my guy was telling the French guy that the government immigration policy was bad - we are not terribly PC here, so we don't choose nice words to describe different groups and so on. The French guy back then was like, you guys are all racists and nazis. Anyway, now the French guy is like, fuck you were completely right. He said the French in the cities were already starting to "organize" and "arm up", so we shouldn't be surprised if a civil war broke out there in the next five years or so. I am surprised how much patience Italians have had towards the EU, especially when it comes to "immigration policy". You got documented cases of Dutch NGO's operating ships to ferry guys from Libya to Calabria, yet at the same time some slimy assholes from the Dutch parliament go around and call Italy a failed state. This will not go away if Italians just clap from the balconies.
    Media reliance is pretty strong here. We have a pretty old population, and no decent education system. So yeah, no revolutions here. Unless someone else does it then we just kinda jump on.
    Just for the sake of posing a counter argument, someone from "the left" could say that that French guy is an example of rising populism and nationalism, as a consequence of the past 2 years of economic decay and oppression of freedom, which then would lead to a military dictatorship or "fascism" in the long run