starting strength gym
Page 2288 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 12881788218822382278228622872288228922902298233823882788 ... LastLast
Results 22,871 to 22,880 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

I guess similarly half of Americans WANT LGBTQ Masking and vexxing, and half don't. Which ones are the patriotic ones?

The ones that don’t. They are the ones that hold individual responsibility over social responsibility and are more likely to willfully sacrifice self for principles over mandating what others do.

Is it a black and white difference in practice? Probably a spectrum like everything else but it’s a real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I don't know man, what do you want me to say? I simply don't understand you, I feel like I am talking to an alien (extraterrestrial, not illegal immigrant), you have made a bazillion claims on what you think I've said based on some weird hunches you have. It's fine I guess, I am sorry I tried to make conversation with you on this particular topic, you are right, Russians feel whatever you say they feel. Is this enough?
    I don't understand you either, Jovan. Holy hell what point were you trying to make in response to my original one, or are you just being purposefully obtuse?

My OP was praising how Russians had found a way to love their country WITHOUT apologizing for their past, and for some unknown reason you rsponded to this point. I think we can learn from the Russians since Americans LOVE taking a knee for their forefathers' sins, and this never satisfies the victims - nothing is ever enough. Whereas OUR victim classes are never satisfied with the apologies, Russia's victims never seem to gain ground in society with their grievances - NEVER apologizing seems to create a preety damn patriotic populace.

Now if you're not just trolling me you can explain how and why you disagree with this point on the effectiveness of non-apologeticness. Or don't. But it's damn hilarious for you to talk about Patrotism in YOUR country a few posts ago, after having gotten all riled up at my definition of Patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Or mabye that's not how you solve the problem.
    I'm sure mexicans and africans have very different reasons to immigrate in the US or Europe, but in this case, these people have gone through hell already just to get to that fence, and they try multiple times to get over it. They do not care about the consequences, so there is no level of brutality that'll keep them out.
    That's only one way to solve the problem -- there are others. But it's the fastest way, if it's brutal enough, I assure you.

But I'm also guessing your immigrant problem is not coming fron mexicans only. But also people that live in much worse countries, like Venezuela or Brazil, and just HAVE TO get outta there.
    True. But why is that our problem to solve?

I don't understand you either, Jovan. Holy hell what point were you trying to make in response to my original one, or are you just being purposefully obtuse?

My OP was praising how Russians had found a way to love their country WITHOUT apologizing for their past, and for some unknown reason you rsponded to this point. I think we can learn from the Russians since Americans LOVE taking a knee for their forefathers' sins, and this never satisfies the victims - nothing is ever enough. Whereas OUR victim classes are never satisfied with the apologies, Russia's victims never seem to gain ground in society with their grievances - NEVER apologizing seems to create a preety damn patriotic populace.

Now if you're not just trolling me you can explain how and why you disagree with this point on the effectiveness of non-apologeticness. Or don't. But it's damn hilarious for you to talk about Patrotism in YOUR country a few posts ago, after having gotten all riled up at my definition of Patriotism.
    I am sorry I responded to you originally. I am not trying to be obtuse, it is just that reading your sentences gives me a kind of anxiety and I am unable to follow through with any kind of argument because my brain shuts down when I try to decipher your posts. Whatever I said originally, I was wrong, you were right. I can't really tell you what you were right about, because I have no idea what we are even talking about at this point. Is there any way we can leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's only one way to solve the problem -- there are others. But it's the fastest way, if it's brutal enough, I assure you.
    Our guys have got baton squads on the border. Amnesty international and others are freaking out, but it is extremely effective: Croatia denies migrant border attacks after new reports of brutal pushbacks | Global development | The Guardian

I know we don't usually post these things, but I don't think we can come to a more accurate analogical description for Francesco, the illegal aliens and the rest of us who aren't going to take it anymore:
    Grand Torino - Best Scene - YouTube
    They are not your friends, kid.
    They don't want to be "New Italians".
    They want to take what you have by whatever force necessary and make it theirs.

Not only can we blame the aliens, we should and must blame the aliens.

Do you really think they have no idea they are doing something wrong?
    They really think it is just a cultural misunderstanding when they rape a 6 year old boy at a public swimming pool?
    They had no idea it would be disrespectful to refuse to learn the language or defraud the welfare programs?
    The alien gangs selling British girls into sex slavery was a simple misunderstanding?
    Sharia law no-go zones are not the alien's fault?
    They think they should be driving drunk in violation of a country's criminal code?

That's a very interesting take on the matter Franny has.
    I don't know what game he is playing, but he is trying really really hard to make the most important issue of our time seem like an innocuous triviality.

They are not a benign presence.
    The good ones must very very clearly separate themselves from the hostile majority of aliens.

If the Truth is racist, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I am sorry I responded to you originally. I am not trying to be obtuse, it is just that reading your sentences gives me a kind of anxiety and I am unable to follow through with any kind of argument because my brain shuts down when I try to decipher your posts. Whatever I said originally, I was wrong, you were right. I can't really tell you what you were right about, because I have no idea what we are even talking about at this point. Is there any way we can leave it at that?

Dammit, Jovan, I am sorry too, so we agree on something. I don't get what the hell you didn't like about my blanket statement that Russians like their government not apologizing for its past mistakes. I cede your point that there's a sector of society that wants Russia to apologize yet stays silent out of a fear of retribution from Big Bad Putinъ, but it doesn't change the fact that this is an excellent approach to building patriotism in the younger generations!

Oh but I also forgot that you took issue with my definition of patriotism, whatever the hell it originally was. If your objection is that meaningful, could you explain how your opinion differs on who a "patriotic" Russian, or Croation, is?

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR COUNTRY'S PAST ERRORS!
    That really is the whole damn point of this little debate so please don't be obtuse and shy away from it.
    I'm standing by my original assertion: countries that don't make reparations for their past mistakes, for their slavery, colonialism, wars won, internment camps created during war, etc., etc., build a stronger love for country and sense of patriotism in the younger generations.

It seems your country and Russia have pretty damn good relations; Russia even sent y'all arms during your war. But if you have a good reason to hate Russia's sins under the USSR, it's OK to share them: I've heard a bunch of these, too, and I'm sure yours are perfectly legit as well.

And on my writing style, I'm sure it isn't as bad as the number of commas and semi-colons that Dostoevsky used; it can't be that bad! Rather than find ways to avoid directly discussing this topic, since it bothers you so much and as a former journalist how about you just explain what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

True. But why is that our problem to solve?
    Pretty sure big powerful empires like the USA do not become big powerful empires by having a healthy competition on their side. I'm sure if you look into it, eventually you find out the US has something to do with the shitty conditions of central and south america.
    Just like the shitty conditions of Africa might have something to do with Britain, France and China stealing their resources and labour, corrupting their politicians and therefore forcing people to move. Same goes for the middle east countries. The people born there don't really have your same luxury.
    May I remind you that you wouldn't be where you are if your immigrant ancestors from Spain, Portugal and Britain hadn't murdered everyone on the land you stand on, forced the remaining people to move out, and in the following centuries proceeded to ship millions of people in their country (forced immigration) and enslaving them until, like, 150 years ago?
    I'm just saying it sounds hypocritical to judge immigrants, in fact not only judge but suggest to kill them on sight basically, who did not decide to be born in a shithole of a country, for wanting to find a better life in your less shitty country where you also happened to be born by chance and as a consequence of immigration, and that happens to be a great country also because of this reason. I'm convinced you would do the same, it's human instinct.
    You don't have to solve the problems of the countries these people are from, just understand what it means to be born in places where the only reasonable choice is to get out and find some other place. Better to take it slow in trying to solve the negative effects of this inevitable phenomenon, and still be decent humans, I think.
    Problem is, you, or I, don't really have a say in the matter, because we don't make the decisions.

Oh but I also forgot that you took issue with my definition of patriotism, whatever the hell it originally was. If your objection is that meaningful, could you explain how your opinion differs on who a "patriotic" Russian, or Croation, is?
    It was not meaningful, your opinion is the same as mine, I don't have any beef with the Russians, my country was not part of the USSR, I agree with your assertion.

starting strength coach development program
    Pretty sure big powerful empires like the USA do not become big powerful empires by having a healthy competition on their side. I'm sure if you look into it, eventually you find out the US has something to do with the shitty conditions of central and south america.
    Just like the shitty conditions of Africa might have something to do with Britain, France and China stealing their resources and labour, corrupting their politicians and therefore forcing people to move. Same goes for the middle east countries. The people born there don't really have your same luxury.
    May I remind you that you wouldn't be where you are if your immigrant ancestors from Spain, Portugal and Britain hadn't murdered everyone on the land you stand on, forced the remaining people to move out, and in the following centuries proceeded to ship millions of people in their country (forced immigration) and enslaving them until, like, 150 years ago?
    I'm just saying it sounds hypocritical to judge immigrants, in fact not only judge but suggest to kill them on sight basically, who did not decide to be born in a shithole of a country, for wanting to find a better life in your less shitty country where you also happened to be born by chance and as a consequence of immigration, and that happens to be a great country also because of this reason. I'm convinced you would do the same, it's human instinct.
    You don't have to solve the problems of the countries these people are from, just understand what it means to be born in places where the only reasonable choice is to get out and find some other place. Better to take it slow in trying to solve the negative effects of this inevitable phenomenon, and still be decent humans, I think.
    Problem is, you, or I, don't really have a say in the matter, because we don't make the decisions.
    The thing is, getting out is not the only option. I realize that’s easy to say, but the Americans did it 200 something years ago. The next 5-10 years might get interesting.