starting strength gym
Page 2289 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 12891789218922392279228722882289229022912299233923892789 ... LastLast
Results 22,881 to 22,890 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    May I remind you that you wouldn't be where you are if your immigrant ancestors from Spain, Portugal and Britain hadn't murdered everyone on the land you stand on, forced the remaining people to move out, and in the following centuries proceeded to ship millions of people in their country (forced immigration) and enslaving them until, like, 150 years ago?
    Can you name one country on the planet whose current population has not displaced a previous population?

I suggest you read Empire of the Summer Moon for reasons why this has always been necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I know we don't usually post these things, but I don't think we can come to a more accurate analogical description for Francesco, the illegal aliens and the rest of us who aren't going to take it anymore:
    Grand Torino - Best Scene - YouTube
    They are not your friends, kid.
    They don't want to be "New Italians".
    They want to take what you have by whatever force necessary and make it theirs.

Not only can we blame the aliens, we should and must blame the aliens.

Do you really think they have no idea they are doing something wrong?
    They really think it is just a cultural misunderstanding when they rape a 6 year old boy at a public swimming pool?
    They had no idea it would be disrespectful to refuse to learn the language or defraud the welfare programs?
    The alien gangs selling British girls into sex slavery was a simple misunderstanding?
    Sharia law no-go zones are not the alien's fault?
    They think they should be driving drunk in violation of a country's criminal code?

That's a very interesting take on the matter Franny has.
    I don't know what game he is playing, but he is trying really really hard to make the most important issue of our time seem like an innocuous triviality.

They are not a benign presence.
    The good ones must very very clearly separate themselves from the hostile majority of aliens.

If the Truth is racist, so be it.
    You are just never gonna get my point, and you keep putting words in my mouth.
    At least you said something that makes sense with your last statement to not make yourself look like a complete racist. The truth is the truth, and it's not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Can you name one country one the planet whose current population has not displaced a previous population?

I suggest you read Empire of the Summer Moon for reasons why this has always been necessary.
    That's why I called it an inevitable phenomenon and I said the ideal and humane thing to do would be to minimize the negative effects of it.
    It's not good to become completely paranoid and wanting to kill anyone who wasn't born where you were.
    Although I don't know the history of these countries, and I think at some point most countries had a civil war, Steven has got a point.

Been saying this for a while, one of their big needs with illegal immigration (for both parties) is to get them in here, working, and paying into social security. Our nation isn't actually growing, and it can't just grow forever anyway, which is the only way that system actually works. But neither party wants to deal with being the ones who have to cut benefits or shut it off, because it will lose them massive amounts of votes. Even amongst people against mass-immigration, if you bring up Social Security as a big problem that incentivizes it, you will lose a lot of support.

Can you name one country one the planet whose current population has not displaced a previous population?
    His argument seems to be that it is hypocritical to try and keep this from happening to us. He's willfully ignoring things that are raised by others, so I'm not even bothering to talk to the guy directly anymore.

Not to mention that the myth of first world countries exploiting third world countries has been entirely debunked, and that advancements and cheap energy lifting the entire world out of abject poverty was a feasible goal to reach by 2030 in 2019. Now, we won't need to worry about it because they'll starve to death before they can generate any wealth. Probably irreversible at this point.

America didn't need anything from the rest of the world besides rare earth metals.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    It's not good to become completely paranoid and wanting to kill anyone who wasn't born where you were.
    Is this really your perception of the situation in North America? Or are you just thrashing around for the sake of argument?

Is this really your perception of the situation in North America? Or are you just thrashing around for the sake of argument?
    This is my perception of what you said in response to my comment about the african immigration in europe. Anything more brutal than the current situation means killing at first sight.
    Mabye I misinterpreted what you meant with "not brutal enough" and "this is necessary".

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    America didn't need anything from the rest of the world besides rare earth metals.
    The idea that it didn't need anything does not mean that it didn't take it.
    This is a pretty bold statement. Are you gonna keep looking for confirmation biases online until you can happily say your country never did anything bad or anything it didn't absolutely have to do or whatever justifies any horrible action on its part? And by "its" I don't mean the entirety of the american population. You have no say in the matter. I mean the people in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    His argument seems to be that it is hypocritical to try and keep this from happening to us. He's willfully ignoring things that are raised by others, so I'm not even bothering to talk to the guy directly anymore.
    I am addressing every thing said by others I believe. I didn't say you should passively accept this, and I said the human thing to do would be try your best, even though you don't really make any decisions, to minimize the negative effects on this. I'm just trying to balance the discussion with some rationality instead of extremist conclusions.

Mexico City residents angered by influx of Americans speaking English, gentrifying area: report

We are such fools. We have been hearing the same arguments for the last two decades. We lost our empathy toward this a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Mexico City residents angered by influx of Americans speaking English, gentrifying area: report

We are such fools. We have been hearing the same arguments for the last two decades. We lost our empathy toward this a long time ago.
    Doesn't the "report" say the opposite of what was said here? It says californians are the reason for higher rents.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post

It is hypocritical to some degree. But it is also an argument of infinite regress. That is to say you can always look backwards to the previous generation or society (or whatever) to lay blame until you get to the beginning of time.

It may be an amusing exercise and possibly insightful, but it isn’t relevant for judging current situations.