starting strength gym
Page 2294 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 12941794219422442284229222932294229522962304234423942794 ... LastLast
Results 22,931 to 22,940 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Enjoy the schadenfreude.

ATF system pig goes to a man's house to check on his guns. The guy calls the local cops and says there's a man pretending to be a fed trying to look at his guns. Fed whines like a child as he's being put into cuffs.

This came out of left field. Yeadon is a respiratory expert.
    Dr. Mike Yeadon Concludes Respiratory Viruses DO NOT Exist

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    You really have to watch how Kirsch reports things. Sometimes (maybe often?) the details are found in what he doesn't say.
    I like Steve because I use him as the outer boundary of what's legit. I find he tends to always pick the outer boundary/largest range and run with it. If there's a study that says Vaers data is underreported by between 20 and 42 times he'll post in all caps that it's 42 times.
    If someone is more extreme then Steve I generally find it safe to ignore them.

"The news media wishes more Americans were dead.
    If it bleeds it leads.

If only more journalists would die for news stories I think we'd all be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by David.Lewis View Post
    There's something fishy going on, and has been going on for a while now. We haven't gotten the smart meter and smart thermostat sales pitch from the power company yet, but I've read stories of people who have, and how the company told them that the company would have the ability to change the thermostat or reduce power consumption on "very rare" circumstances. That's a hard "no" for me, and a hint to the future.

But, more broadly, we've experienced some rather odd behavior across a wide range of businesses. And, it started around the same time the scamdemic started.

A while back, the electric company came out to replace a pole. Didn't tell anyone in the neighborhood. Just came out and shut the power off. When I approached the foreman, he shrugged his shoulders and said "well, someone should have told you". He clearly didn't give a fuck, nor was he curious as to whether anyone in the neighborhood was on oxygen or had mission-critical electronics up and running and needed time to kick on a backup generator. Instead of telling the truth, they lied, and said that they didn't know they were replacing a pole until a few minutes before coming out.

We were coming home kind of late one Tuesday night, and our son wanted tacos, and the sign on the door of one of those cute little mexican places read "Taco Tuesdays: $1 Tacos!" in big black letters so we stopped in. When the bill came, they tried to charge us 2.5x for each taco. It's such a small scam, but something I bet they got away with lots of times because most people aren't going to fight the bill after the fact.

A bigger scam that someone tried running on us is we ordered a new couch for the family room, and... it never came. Business went MIA, and this was from a business with a reputation in the NC furniture market, which is a closely knit family of businesses. And, when we finally got ahold of someone at the company, they gave us a song and dance and we caught them in several lies, the major one being they took the money and never made the couch and from the looks of it, never intended to make or deliver it. Thankfully we caught that one in time, and it was easy to charge back the amount due to blatant fraud.

A slightly larger scam was when we purchased our house in 2020. Unbeknownst to us, the neighbors intended to dispute the title to our property and then file a bogus lawsuit against us a year later. They knew they had no claim, but they (and their lawyer) were looking for a quick payoff, which is why they filed the complaint and then turned around and wanted a settlement from the title company before it went before a judge.

Between the small taco scam and the large real estate scam, we've encountered a variety of shady and shifty business practices, a significant drop in customer service at otherwise reputable and established businesses, and sometimes outright scams over the past two years—more than I can recall ever happening in such a short period of time. It's almost like people realize, on some level, that since the government has been running a huge, blatant, scam on the public for the past 2 years, it's OK if everyone else does it, and so now scamming folks has become normalized.
    This is what they call a smooth transition from a free, decentralized, high-trust society to centralized, top-down society, like a USSR, CCP or Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I enjoy Denninger's complete lack of battered wife syndrome that is so typical among most Republicans.
    You EVIL, LYING Piece of CRAP
    This reminds me it is odd that Desantis has not been subjected to an intense smear campaign like Trump or any other candidate who might bring about actual change...

I have discussed explicitly my views on the solution to the immigration problem many times, including as a direct answer to Franny.

Immigration is not a one size fits all policy.
    The geography, population density, culture, religion, ethnicity, wealth, national patriotism and ability to assimilate new migrants into the existing culture all factor in.
    For small, wealthy, densely populated nations, like Japan, Korea, The Netherlands or Britain, it does not make sense to accept any more than a maximum of around 1% of total population as immigrants, refugees or naturalized citizens, with the exception of those from the diaspora of these countries who share the same language, religion, ethnicity and heritage, in which case the nation could probably tolerate up to 10% without causing instability.
    Nations as in the above example will experience social unrest, revolution, lower living standards, displacement of workers, excessive rent/land prices, declining middle class, war and eventual death if immigration levels get too high; we are seeing this now.

For geographically large, prosperous nations with a large amount of resources, no dominant religion, a strong spirit of patriotism and pride in its heritage, like the United States, Russia, or China, the upper limits of immigration from dissimilar language, ethnic, cultural background or heritage would be about 5%, if there is a strong emphasis of on requiring the immigrants to adopt the culture/language/heritage of their new homeland and to prove their usefulness to their new country. The limits would be up to about 20% for similar members of the diaspora of these nations.
    In addition to the problems experienced in smaller nations, excessive immigration in these nations will also bring about balkanization, global war, famine, plague and possible nuclear winter.

In the United States and most western countries, the number now stands somewhere upwards of 20% of the total population from dissimilar peoples, with many nations or regions seeing 50%+ when viewed from the perspective of the younger age groups; This can only be truthfully called national suicide or genocidal demographic replacement.

There is only one solution that is fair to legal immigrants, the citizens of the country, the workers, the pensioners and the future generations.
    It is the one and only path that results in the survival of western nations and the people who built these nations; illegal aliens must go back to their home countries
    It does not matter if they are sent back on planes with a payment and thanks for leaving or turned back at the border at the point of a gun with the threat of death over their heads, because the alternative is national genocide.
    The only solution to The Great Replacement is a Great Remigration Home.

For legal immigrants, it is their duty to prove they are beneficial to their new nation; it is not their new nation's responsibility to prove it is beneficial to the immigrants.
    We do not owe them a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    I would really like to know what he learned recently that caused him to change his view on respiratory illness, do you know where to find the full interview? Seems super interesting.

The Biden Administration: Saudi Arabia Humiliates Joe Biden With Major Oil Announcement – RedState

That is what total failure looks like. The President of the United States went to the Middle East to beg a country he had previously tried to make a “pariah” for oil. Why? Because Biden’s own domestic energy policies have been so disastrous. The president then returned with no actual agreement, choosing bluster over substance. Now, the results of that are in, and the Saudis aren’t even pretending to have played along. It’s yet another embarrassment for Biden and the nation.

This is the danger of having the world’s worst foreign policy “expert” in the White House. Biden has famously been wrong on every major geopolitical issue for the last half-century, and you can add his plan to punish the Saudis while elevating Iran to the list. It didn’t have to be this way. Trump left an improving Middle East on the table, with the Arab nations and Israel moving toward a historic peace. All Biden had to do was eat his ice cream, keep the status quo rolling, and reap the benefits for everyone.
    Can this be accidental? How can this be attributed to mere stupidity? Serious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I have discussed explicitly my views on the solution to the immigration problem many times, including as a direct answer to Franny.

Immigration is not a one size fits all policy.
    The geography, population density, culture, religion, ethnicity, wealth, national patriotism and ability to assimilate new migrants into the existing culture all factor in.
    For small, wealthy, densely populated nations, like Japan, Korea, The Netherlands or Britain, it does not make sense to accept any more than a maximum of around 1% of total population as immigrants, refugees or naturalized citizens, with the exception of those from the diaspora of these countries who share the same language, religion, ethnicity and heritage, in which case the nation could probably tolerate up to 10% without causing instability.
    Nations as in the above example will experience social unrest, revolution, lower living standards, displacement of workers, excessive rent/land prices, declining middle class, war and eventual death if immigration levels get too high; we are seeing this now.

For geographically large, prosperous nations with a large amount of resources, no dominant religion, a strong spirit of patriotism and pride in its heritage, like the United States, Russia, or China, the upper limits of immigration from dissimilar language, ethnic, cultural background or heritage would be about 5%, if there is a strong emphasis of on requiring the immigrants to adopt the culture/language/heritage of their new homeland and to prove their usefulness to their new country. The limits would be up to about 20% for similar members of the diaspora of these nations.
    In addition to the problems experienced in smaller nations, excessive immigration in these nations will also bring about balkanization, global war, famine, plague and possible nuclear winter.

In the United States and most western countries, the number now stands somewhere upwards of 20% of the total population from dissimilar peoples, with many nations or regions seeing 50%+ when viewed from the perspective of the younger age groups; This can only be truthfully called national suicide or genocidal demographic replacement.

There is only one solution that is fair to legal immigrants, the citizens of the country, the workers, the pensioners and the future generations.
    It is the one and only path that results in the survival of western nations and the people who built these nations; illegal aliens must go back to their home countries
    It does not matter if they are sent back on planes with a payment and thanks for leaving or turned back at the border at the point of a gun with the threat of death over their heads, because the alternative is national genocide.
    The only solution to The Great Replacement is a Great Remigration Home.

For legal immigrants, it is their duty to prove they are beneficial to their new nation; it is not their new nation's responsibility to prove it is beneficial to the immigrants.
    We do not owe them a damn thing.
    "Not letting them in and throwing them out would solve many problems."
    This is the only direct answer from you I could find about what the solution is, and it sounds to me like "closed borders". So I did not misinterpret what you said.

As I tried to explain in my comments, you actually DO owe a lot to non-americans, historically and demographically** speaking. Seems to me like you conveniently bring out your history when it comes to heritage but dismiss it when it comes to uncomfortable topics.
    I don't believe nations are that important. Communities and people are.
    The language you use suggests to me that you do have some kind of personal problem with immigrants that you try to bring into the bigger picture. You are literally blaming immigration for everything wrong in the world, and now you are clearly talking about ALL immigrants, not just the criminal ones.
    Immigration is inevitable. Nations are an abstract concept, governments tend to become tyrannical over time and fiat money destroys long term possibilities for many people who, unlike you, were UNLUCKY in being born where they were and when they were, that's all.
    You have a good point about some of the consequences of uncontrolled immigration, and I can see that, since it was addressed positevely by other members as well, but it seems like you are driven by fear and paranoia, which is why your solution is isolation, you keep referring to a HUGE group of people as if they were one entity, and why you insulted me several times.

I really hope we're gonna get to a point in history where "nations" will be regarded as an ancient way of organizing civilizations.
    I know what my plan B is. Yours is simply not gonna happen. Unless the white Americans in the top 1% decide it is profitable for them of course.

**Just to give some perspective, how many of you Americans wouldn't be there if your European descendants from 1 to 3 generations prior didn't come to the Land of Opportunity®? How many of you actually descend from those British nuts in the 15th century or from the 18th century? Or better yet from the people who populated the Land® for thousands of years before them?
    Is it just my ignorant understanding that most of your population that calls itself American is actually only a 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation American? Meaning that they can enjoy the Land® THANKS to immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    Not terribly surprising, he was onto this idea for a while now. I don't want to go into the debate on whether there are respiratory viruses at all, but it is very important to note that there is no such thing as a Sars-Cov2 virus. None of this would be possible if there were.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    As I tried to explain in my comments, you actually DO owe a lot to non-americans, historically and demographically** speaking. Seems to me like you conveniently bring out your history when it comes to heritage but dismiss it when it comes to uncomfortable topics.
    The language you use suggests to me that you do have some kind of personal problem with immigrants that you try to bring into the bigger picture. You are literally blaming immigration for everything wrong in the world, and now you are clearly talking about ALL immigrants, not just the criminal ones.
    Immigration is inevitable. Nations are an abstract concept, governments tend to become tyrannical over time and fiat money destroys long term possibilities for many people who, unlike you, were UNLUCKY in being born where they were and when they were, that's all.
    You have a good point about some of the consequences of uncontrolled immigration, and I can see that, since it was addressed positevely by other members as well, but it seems like you are driven by fear and paranoia, which is why your solution is isolation, you keep referring to a HUGE group of people as if they were one entity, and why you insulted me several times.

Unless the white Americans in the top 1% decide it is profitable for them of course.

**Just to give some perspective, how many of you Americans wouldn't be there if your European descendants from 1 to 3 generations prior didn't come to the Land of Opportunity®? How many of you actually descend from those British nuts in the 15th century or from the 18th century? Or better yet from the people who populated the Land® for thousands of years before them?
    Is it just my ignorant understanding that most of your population that calls itself American is actually only a 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation American? Meaning that they can enjoy the Land® THANKS to immigration?
    Seriously now, do you really fail to appreciate the difference between controlled immigration and the situation taking place right now at our southern border? Do you actually know what is going on down there, and do you think "Racism" is the reason we don't like it?

I expect an answer to this direct question.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Seriously now, do you really fail to appreciate the difference between controlled immigration and the situation taking place right now at our southern border? Do you actually know what is going on down there, and do you think "Racism" is the reason we don't like it?

I expect an answer to this direct question.
    No, I do not think white Americans in general are racist or that it has anything to do with the border situation. As I said, I think the people in control do not belong in the same group as you.
    I am skeptical of Yngvi's motivations for his stance, and as I said, I think there is some personal issues going on there based on the language and intensity in his responses. He doesn't seem to be ok with immigration in general as a phenomenon. But hey, I don't know the guy personally, and my "accusations" have good intentions behind them. As I said I'm not trying to be some kind of social warrior.