starting strength gym
Page 2304 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13041804220422542294230223032304230523062314235424042804 ... LastLast
Results 23,031 to 23,040 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Probably means nothing, but Nixon announced his resignation on August 8, 1974. I can't help but wonder if they choose the dates they do for a reason. They are very theatrical people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Can you name one country one the planet whose current population has not displaced a previous population?

I suggest you read Empire of the Summer Moon for reasons why this has always been necessary.
    Started reading this last week after you mentioned it here. This is a fascinating read, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Probably means nothing, but Nixon announced his resignation on August 8, 1974. I can't help but wonder if they choose the dates they do for a reason. They are very theatrical people.
    Let us wait until NYT or The Atlantic finds the mysterious connection. This is really out there, I never would have expected such a strong popular president in modern times. Even the comment sections of European media are full of regime bots spamming against MAGA man. If they do not manage to throw him in jail on some kind of bogus charge, I do not think they can stop him from coming back in 2024.

This has never happened before. I hope you appreciate what is going on here.
    When they blatantly violate all legal standards, we can no longer play by any of the rules.
    We have just moved closer to civil war than we have been since the first one ended.
    We are all criminals now, whether you think you have done anything wrong or not.
    If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear... unless you fear being arbitrarily hung at the gallows as an example to the masses.

I don't remember who posted this cartoon, but it is worth reposting:
    60 years later and here we are. - A. George on LinkedIn | 206 comments

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    You can say what you want about illegal immigrants on this board. Why do you need twitter?
    That wasn't the question, Fran.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Holy fucking shit. They actually did it. Those maniacs. Now I REALLY want him to run again. A President with a bone to pick with the FBI would be awesome.

You can say what you want about illegal immigrants on this board. Why do you need twitter?
    You can shout to yourself in an empty room about what you think is wrong. Why do you need to communicate it to others?

My wife is an artist and we live in a small town within reasonable driving distance of a large university. Everything she does is direct sales to customers.
    Just over a week ago, she was contacted by the program co-ordinator for community education at the university to see if she would be interested in teaching some adult education classes in art. The co-ordinator is a fan of her work and told her that she had the job if she wanted it and to fill out an application as a formality while they set everything up.
    While they were finalizing everything, HR contacted my wife to ask for proof of her covid vaccination or exemption. She e-mailed the co-ordinator and told her that she wouldn't be teaching there because they were asking for a vaccination. The university's response was to have a different person in HR get in touch and ask for her proof of vaccination or exemption with slightly different wording.
    As far as we're concerned she's just not teaching there, but everyone on the university side seems shocked into inaction by the fact that asking for vaccinations could have negative consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The right honorable United Company of Merchants of England Trading to the East Indies, also known as the East India Company, these days also known under many monikers, WEF, Davos, and so on. You defined it well, a group of wealthy transnationals who barely try to hide the fact that they are running the combined West behind the scenes. I hope you understand what HSBC and the City are.
    I was just making sure. I've heard the CIA referred to as "the company" before.

This takes the award for biggest misunderstandement of my point of view. I don't even know where to start.

I don't care. Ethymology still counts. Indian means "from India".
    Black americans call themselves "nigga", which I think it's stupid. Are they cool with it? Sure. It still stupid in my opinion.
    But you've mistaken my opinion as some kind of political or personal agenda.
    Well, you continue to try to change the world. I’ll just continue to live in it and get along with people who are cool with me. You know, call them what they want to be called and all.

A clear point of no return. The obvious unconstitutionally thorough abuse of law enforcement, prosecutors and judges in the selective due process leaves citizens and states with a simple choice:

Do you accept this from the federal government? It's a yes or no.

The way forward is simple:

1) You have one last election season of importance and impact. Allow it to happen because to do otherwise is throwing away the same moral and constitutional law you support. The outcome unimportant. The adherence to law is everything.

2) There is not enough time to make meaningful changes through a Convention of States, even though it is a safe option given that the scope can be limited in such a way to prevent further damage to the States as individual entities and to the US Constitution. Perhaps 10-20 years ago.

3) Continue all efforts to reinforce State and local governments irrespective of the federal government. It has fallen into lawlessness, and is irredeemable -- especially by itself. The States must abandon their union and divorce through peaceful Secession to establish a new union.

Do I believe it will remain peaceful? Do I think we won't suffer tremendously because of it? Absolutely not, and as I said so many thousands of posts in this thread ago: violence will begin once there is no allowance for free speech (and by extension free and fair elections), and those holding this evil ideology will not leave you alone.

They're in power, but they're losing. They're going to flip the table. It's time to get your chips off of it and prepare to take the hard road. There is hope, though. The country might need to fall, but the Nation is not the country... it's the People.

starting strength coach development program
    This has never happened before. I hope you appreciate what is going on here.
    Besides it meaning that our fractured republic is broken such that it can never be put back the way it was "before", it also feels like a provocation intended to transition the current cold civil war into a hot one.