starting strength gym
Page 2306 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13061806220622562296230423052306230723082316235624062806 ... LastLast
Results 23,051 to 23,060 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    YOU may not be in deep shit, but WE are. The situation is now that the Party in office can use the federal law enforcement bureaucracy to harass and intimidate any elected official of the rival Party. Like they do in Rwanda.
    Well, I was only talking about the communist level censorship. A lot of other things have definitely gone to shit

YOU may not be in deep shit, but WE are. The situation is now that the Party in office can use the federal law enforcement bureaucracy to harass and intimidate any elected official of the rival Party. Like they do in Rwanda.
    Oh, it's not just the elected officials anymore Coach, they're going after the electorate now. ESG, Social Credit Scores, etc. It's already here.

Oh, I bet they can and do do it in his country too. But he has the magical solution of shutting his eyes and sticking his fingers in his ears.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Oh, I bet they can and do do it in his country too. But he has the magical solution of shutting his eyes and sticking his fingers in his ears.
    It's Italy, waddayathink?

I do ignore most of the political events in my country. It's nothing but a puppet show and has been for decades. It's not a solution, but I can't solve this problem because I have no control over it. I have control over my own life and decisions, or at least I try.
    I believe ignoring them is the first step to eliminating them. People care too much, they involve emotions and they become manipulable or manipulative. I've expressed my opinion on governments many times. This is what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Forgot to mention, the IRS budget was also increased by nearly 6x to $80 Billion.
    This seems quite obvious. The IRS is how you control a population. It’s not cops storming your house. That won’t happen on a broad scale. But insidiously harming the middle class, who has fundamental ideals of “death, taxes, etc.” could be crippled by the IRS.

I know nothing (except that masks don’t work) and I just ponder this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    It's Time to Fire the FBI: A Rant - YouTube

True 4 years ago and true now
    Ron Paul 34 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Forgot to mention, the IRS budget was also increased by nearly 6x to $80 Billion.
    I've thought for a few years now that the actual push to get the average person on board with "communism" (really technocracy) would come not by way of massive welfare programs and universal basic income, but by getting enough of the populace on the government dole as employees. Restrict private sector job opportunities while maximizing public sector make-work jobs.

How many thousand IRS agents did the Democrat Party just hire? They're not just packing the court.

Milton Mayer wrote this in 1955. Every sentence is relevant today.
    The following article is a fairly long read (the audio sounds like a robot), but makes a decent attempt at using Mayer's work to compare Nazi Germany to the last few years.

Brownstone Institute - They Thought They Were Free

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I've thought for a few years now that the actual push to get the average person on board with "communism" (really technocracy) would come not by way of massive welfare programs and universal basic income, but by getting enough of the populace on the government dole as employees. Restrict private sector job opportunities while maximizing public sector make-work jobs.
    Not only that, they make in so absurdly difficult to start a business yourself. This IRS shit is going to make that even worse.