starting strength gym
Page 2307 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13071807220722572297230523062307230823092317235724072807 ... LastLast
Results 23,061 to 23,070 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How many thousand IRS agents did the Democrat Party just hire? They're not just packing the court.
    I don't know what their intent was with this, but that's not exactly a highly sought-after position. Allowing for them having 87,000 qualified candidates already lined up with tentative offers, how long would it take to completely on-board that many people? Especially at the same time? There's some weird mix of long-term planning with a degree of optimism I'll never possess, some other goofy shenanigans going on that I don't know about, and quite a bit of outright utter stupidity.

I don't like it, but I don't see it being a threat for at least a year and a half, and even then no where close to the scale of 87,000. It all, and I mean ALL, seems like one thing:

government: "Come on, do a shooting thing..."
    Americans: "No."

87,000 new IRS employees with the following 'Major Duties' ?

Major Duties
    • Adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
    • Work a minimum of 50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
    • Maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
    • Carry a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.
    • Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.

I don't think they will just be looking at entities that make more than $400,000.

Page Unavailable

How many thousand IRS agents did the Democrat Party just hire? They're not just packing the court.
    Prepare to be audited next time you're told to close your gym and you don't, you political dissident.

87K. $80 billion in taxpayer funding to come after citizens to get more tax money. Armed with hollowpoints evidently. Not sure how this is much different than a couple of wise guys paying a visit to your corner store, demanding money for the protection the provide?

Quote Originally Posted by conradbc View Post

Major Duties
    • Adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
    • Work a minimum of 50 hours per week, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
    • Maintain a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job.
    • Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.

I don't think they will just be looking at entities that make more than $400,000.

Page Unavailable
    "Sorry, that page is missing." I'm sure it is.

Several things may be UNAVAILABLE soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I've thought for a few years now that the actual push to get the average person on board with "communism" (really technocracy) would come not by way of massive welfare programs and universal basic income, but by getting enough of the populace on the government dole as employees. Restrict private sector job opportunities while maximizing public sector make-work jobs.
    Exactly. One of the major draws of early communism were jobs guaranteed by the state. This wasn't really much of a problem at first, because there was a lot of work to be filled with industrialization and rebuilding. Once this work was done and countries reached a level of industrial overcapacity, you had extreme staffing of all the manufacturing facilities with made up managerial jobs. You would have a factory with 12k workers and 4k administrators. This gets into people's mindset a lot, it took about 30 years for Eastern Europe to start looking at private sector employment as desirable. Western Europe has meanwhile gone in the opposite direction, with lockdowns and "working from home" being all the rage.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I don't know what their intent was with this, but that's not exactly a highly sought-after position. Allowing for them having 87,000 qualified candidates already lined up with tentative offers, how long would it take to completely on-board that many people? Especially at the same time? There's some weird mix of long-term planning with a degree of optimism I'll never possess, some other goofy shenanigans going on that I don't know about, and quite a bit of outright utter stupidity.

I don't like it, but I don't see it being a threat for at least a year and a half, and even then no where close to the scale of 87,000. It all, and I mean ALL, seems like one thing:

government: "Come on, do a shooting thing..."
    Americans: "No."
    Yep. Especially the "ALL" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan DCNT View Post
    I've thought for a few years now that the actual push to get the average person on board with "communism" (really technocracy) would come not by way of massive welfare programs and universal basic income, but by getting enough of the populace on the government dole as employees. Restrict private sector job opportunities while maximizing public sector make-work jobs.
    Really good point. I mean think about medicare and medicaid. The patient loves it, the healthcare worker gets paid by it. I often heard billing state "I wish a one system healthcare would just happen so I do not have to deal with all these insurance companies." It will not be long before privacy will be seen as suspicious, maybe even contumacious. Ex. Mask, jabs,taxes, and now language.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Really good point. I mean think about medicare and medicaid. The patient loves it, the healthcare worker gets paid by it. I often heard billing state "I wish a one system healthcare would just happen so I do not have to deal with all these insurance companies." It will not be long before privacy will be seen as suspicious, maybe even contumacious. Ex. Mask, jabs,taxes, and now language.
    Contumacious? Excellent word I've never heard before. I'll try using it in a sentence: "I contumaciously paid my ex-wife $400,000 over 13 years as "ordered" by the family court upon threat of being imprisoned, having my bank accounts seized, my wages garnished, my driver's license revoked, and having my passport revoked, etc."

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Oh, I bet they can and do do it in his country too. But he has the magical solution of shutting his eyes and sticking his fingers in his ears.
    Remember when ignoring the BLM riots fixed the situation?
    Or when the passive "she'll be right" attitude of the Aussies won them their freedom?
    Or how the go-along-to-get-along attitude of ignoring the problem prevented prolonged mask mandates, lockdowns and vax passes?

Quote Originally Posted by conradbc View Post

Major Duties

Page Unavailable
    Photo of job listing:
    https://media.patriots.win/post/YGoBipUUQO7O.png

This keeps looking worse:
    Eric Trump reveals what REALLY happened in the FBI raid | Daily Mail Online

The FBI is irreparably corrupt.
    The IRS is irreparably corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    ...You would have a factory with 12k workers and 4k administrators....
    This sounds like the current University system in the US and the healthcare system.