starting strength gym
Page 2325 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 13251825222522752315232323242325232623272335237524252825 ... LastLast
Results 23,241 to 23,250 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Joe Biden has unveiled a plan to cancel $10,000 in federal student loans. Borrowers who earn less than $125,000 a year would be eligible. Higher education is a massive industry devoted to progressive politics. This isn't student loan forgiveness; it's another big Biden giveaway to special interests. And you get to pay for it.

By the way, my Mortgage identifies as a Student Loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    What is going on is simply reality reasserting itself - most of the Western world has spent too much money that it didn't have and will now have to balance its budget. A significant enough part of the American establishment realizes this and is taking steps. The outcome is not even questionable, because the opposing side is staffed purely by children. The only problem is, the children are running the media and academia, so they are portraying their side as the clear winner against all observable facts. But even there, Steve Bannon's guerilla media offensive has already won. The important thing for you is to get out of New York. Stop "looking at options", get out of there as quickly as possible.
    If someone in this government is taking actual steps to address this effectively, I'm not seeing it. The one senator running around screaming from the rooftops that we don't have the money to keep throwing at Ukraine and other such bullshit is being treated like a rogue crazy man by both his own party and the opposition.

As some of you may know there is a leadership election for the head of the Conservative Party (and as they are in power, Prime Minister) and some of the candidates are speaking a bit more freely about what went on during lockdown behind closed doors.

Rishi Sunak, ex-Chancellor of the Exchequor and wanna-be PM has had an interesting interview in the Spectator. A few key quotes below but the whole thing is worth a read, and confirms suspicions.

The lockdown files: Rishi Sunak on what we weren’t told

Sunak’s story starts with the first Covid meeting, where ministers were shown an A3 poster from scientific advisers explaining the options. ‘I wish I’d kept it because it listed things that had no impact: banning live events and all that,’ he says.’ It was saying: you should be careful not to do this stuff too early, because being able to sustain it is very hard in a modern society.’ So the scientific advice was, initially, to reject or at least delay lockdown.

This all changed when Neil Ferguson and his team at Imperial College published their famous ‘Report 9’, which argued that Covid casualties could hit 500,000 if no action was taken – but the figure could be below 20,000 if Britain locked down. That, of course, turned out to be a vast exaggeration of lockdown’s ability to curb Covid deaths. Imperial stressed it did ‘not consider the wider social and economic costs of suppression, which will be high’. But surely someone involved in making the policy would figure it out.

This was the crux: no one really did. A cost-benefit calculation – a basic requirement for pretty much every public health intervention – was never made. ‘I wasn’t allowed to talk about the trade-off,’ says Sunak. Ministers were briefed by No. 10 on how to handle questions about the side-effects of lockdown. ‘The script was not to ever acknowledge them. The script was: oh, there’s no trade-off, because doing this for our health is good for the economy.’

Typically, he said, ministers would be shown Sage analysis pointing to horrifying ‘scenarios’ that would come to pass if Britain did not impose or extend lockdown. But even he, as chancellor, could not find out how these all-important scenarios had been calculated.

‘I was like: “Summarise for me the key assumptions, on one page, with a bunch of sensitivities and rationale for each one”,’ Sunak says. ‘In the first year I could never get this.’ The Treasury, he says, would never recommend policy based on unexplained modelling: he regarded this as a matter of basic competence. But for a year, UK government policy – and the fate of millions –was being decided by half-explained graphs cooked up by outside academics.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Joe Biden has unveiled a plan to cancel $10,000 in federal student loans. Borrowers who earn less than $125,000 a year would be eligible. Higher education is a massive industry devoted to progressive politics. This isn't student loan forgiveness; it's another big Biden giveaway to special interests. And you get to pay for it.

By the way, my Mortgage identifies as a Student Loan.
    Such an interesting way to get reelected: piss off everybody who already paid off their student loans.

Borrowed from Small Dead Animals:

Houston, We Have a Problem (Part 1 of 3)

"Seven of the major eleven International Classification of Diseases codes tracked by the US National Center for Health Statistics exhibit stark increase trends beginning in the first week of April 2021 – featuring exceptional growth more robust than during even the Covid-19 pandemic time frame. This date of inception is no coincidence, in that it also happens to coincide with a key inflection point regarding a specific body-system intervention in most of the US population. These seven pronounced increases in mortality alarmingly persist even now."

Now that the side-effects of the vex are finally hitting the mainstream (and sales are tanking): The Vaccine Money Has Dried Up At Fox News!.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    If someone in this government is taking actual steps to address this effectively, I'm not seeing it.
    So obviously it is not happening. Got you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Such an interesting way to get reelected: piss off everybody who already paid off their student loans.
    Because if you got a shitty, unfair deal, nothing will give you more satisfaction than seeing other people suffer the same fate. A good example of envy as instrumentum regni.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    In addition to pissing off the majority of debtors who will still have over $20,000 left to pay off.
    And pissing off the loan sharks who collect on the debt.

I think we can confidently say usury and those parasitically feeding off of predatory loans or interest payments will be largely unaffected.

starting strength coach development program
    The student loan distraction is comparatively inexpensive and insignificant compared to our other problems right now:
    Nearly 5 Million Illegal Immigrants Crossed Border During Biden Admin
    Record number of migrants arrive in Britain by boat on a single day | Euronews
    The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

Record crime in the US and EU, but I am sure it would be wrong-think to recognize any correlations or trends between between the two problems.
    48% of Criminal Acts in Paris Are Committed by Foreigners, 55% In Marseille, Says France’s Interior Minister - American Renaissance
    Map of Lawless London knife murders this year lays bare carnage in capital and shows thugs can strike anywhere | The Sun

Instead, in the face of a tyrannical world government, hostile invasion, and the deterioration of civilization, they tell you to disarm yourselves, even of knives and potato peelers.