starting strength gym
Page 2336 of 3023 FirstFirst ... 13361836223622862326233423352336233723382346238624362836 ... LastLast
Results 23,351 to 23,360 of 30229

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What is Bitcoin, Frank? Why is it so hard for us to understand?

And how are you going to keep from freezing to death this winter? "How In The Name Of God": Shocked Europeans Post Astronomical Energy Bills As '''Terrifying Winter''' Approaches | ZeroHedge

__________________________________________________ _____

And, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you ... The President of the United States of America!

Lying Biden Lies About AR-15s, Falsely Claims Bullets Travel Five Times Faster Than Any Other Round (Video) ⋆ Conservative Firing Line

Fetterman Didn't Show for Joe, as Biden Lapses Into Complete Confusion – RedState
    Bitcoin is a digital peer-to-peer payment system.
    The coins are given by the network as a reward to the miners who collect transactions and put them in the blockchain (ledger). 1 block is roughly 1Mb of transactions. I'm a little rusty on the computational process, but basically it is a competition between miners to solve it before the other ones do. The difficulty is adjusted to make it so that roughly every 10 minutes a new block is created and a reward is given to a miner.
    The dentralized nature of the nodes (which is any computer that contains the blockchain) makes it impossible to attack the whole network in order to reverse the blockchain or modify it. Well not impossible, just really really expensive and computationally close to impossible.
    Now this is all basic stuff, and I admit I don't know much more than this.
    An experienced programmer and someone who has used Bitcoin for a while can certainly give a more detailed and satisfactory explanation

Wow, you'd think a gun firing rounds at mach 15 would have way more of a kick to it. Brilliant engineering on those AR-15s.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And everybody believes it anyway, to the extent that they are handing the management of the world's economy to elderly megalomaniacs with an agenda based on their own personal power, who run the world's governments. You're not even allowed to question it -- otherwise sensible people have agreed with the ridiculous premise that CO2 is a deadly poison that must be eliminated from the surface of the earth.
    The quickest way to determine if a topic is political or scientific: the former demonizes those that question - the latter requires questioning. Luckily for the authoritarians, we all need something to believe in. If those beliefs produce personal pride and a closer affiliation with the "in-group," even better. Incentives.

Speaking of beliefs, people that "believe" in predictive models are those that have never used them or those that directly benefit from their use. If you've ever been closely involved with forecasting (this was a part of my job at BlackBerry), you'll know how one tiny variance in one of the many variables in a model will invalidate the whole thing. The further into the future it predicts, the more useless it becomes. If it's a domain where ALL of the variables are not known, the model will not be consistent and reliable. The "science" part of "climate science" goes out the window as soon as it includes pretending that it's possible to predict the future with certainty.

Personally, I don't know if man-made climate change is real. I don't know if one can "know," but I haven't spent enough time looking at the research data and collection methods to even "know" that. Whether man-made climate change is real or not, it's probably a good idea to limit waste and pollution - this would ideally be handled mostly by people and companies, not by government edict. Regardless, I enjoy hearing any opinion that the establishment deems unacceptable. An old BJJ buddy has focused his career on the topic. Check out Alex Epstein for an example of a dark corner of the internet, although his work is now becoming mainstream. He was on FOX recently, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Personally, I don't know if man-made climate change is real. I don't know if one can "know," but I haven't spent enough time looking at the research data and collection methods to even "know" that.
    Damn, I was going to counter this with a link to Climategate. I remember it pretty well because I was working as a propagandist back then and back then you were allowed to write about it. I went through the emails myself, laughing my ass off at what a ridiculous hoax man made climate change was. However, the thought police seems to have deboonked it from the internet now, so the links are harder to find. I am sure there is still a copy of all the emails somewhere, if you ever want to “know” this, go through them and laugh. It only takes a day or two. Back then they were still trying to stick to purposefully misinterpreting data, they have since switched to all out fabrication of it - a much better choice, they never made the same old mistakes with Covid.

The quickest way to determine if a topic is political or scientific: the former demonizes those that question - the latter requires questioning. Luckily for the authoritarians, we all need something to believe in. If those beliefs produce personal pride and a closer affiliation with the "in-group," even better. Incentives.

Speaking of beliefs, people that "believe" in predictive models are those that have never used them or those that directly benefit from their use. If you've ever been closely involved with forecasting (this was a part of my job at BlackBerry), you'll know how one tiny variance in one of the many variables in a model will invalidate the whole thing. The further into the future it predicts, the more useless it becomes. If it's a domain where ALL of the variables are not known, the model will not be consistent and reliable. The "science" part of "climate science" goes out the window as soon as it includes pretending that it's possible to predict the future with certainty.

Personally, I don't know if man-made climate change is real. I don't know if one can "know," but I haven't spent enough time looking at the research data and collection methods to even "know" that. Whether man-made climate change is real or not, it's probably a good idea to limit waste and pollution - this would ideally be handled mostly by people and companies, not by government edict. Regardless, I enjoy hearing any opinion that the establishment deems unacceptable. An old BJJ buddy has focused his career on the topic. Check out Alex Epstein for an example of a dark corner of the internet, although his work is now becoming mainstream. He was on FOX recently, for example.
    Yes, "Ecology" is something I have always felt pretty strongly about; and needless waste, pollution, littering, etc has pissed me off for 50 years. I know lots of people who can't even be bothered to recycle an aluminum can, and get deposit money back at the same time (not that I believe in the deposit scam). I leave my returnables rinsed out and in a basket at the local grocery store return center for anyone in need of $20 or so every few months.

The Climate Scam, however, is an entirely different situation than ecology. It's the new religion which I believe will surpass the woke movement religion very soon. Whether We The People agree to it or not.

Podium Guy Tells The True Story Of How He Entered The Capitol - YouTube

This poor guy's story is absurd. They basically fleeced him for $100k. If you are a white, functioning member of society, you will be held under the highest scrutiny of the law. You will be plundered. But if you are a worthless thug plundering with BLM, you're crime will be ignored.

The only thing preventing total revolution at this point is all the dumb Americans completely oblivious or in denial about what is happening.

Biden giving political prime-time speech to address ‘extremist threat’ by MAGA Republicans

The president is declaring war on half the nation in a prime time speech. This is absolutely insane.

Speaking of beliefs, people that "believe" in predictive models are those that have never used them or those that directly benefit from their use. If you've ever been closely involved with forecasting (this was a part of my job at BlackBerry)
    How often did a superior ask you to "make the model say X"?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I'm a little rusty on the computational process, but basically it is a competition between miners to solve it before the other ones do. The difficulty is adjusted to make it so that roughly every 10 minutes a new block is created and a reward is given to a miner.
    Of what value is the solving of the problems, and therefore the value of the reward? Time invested in digging a hole and filling it back up cannot be rewarded by rational processes.