starting strength gym
Page 2344 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 13441844224422942334234223432344234523462354239424442844 ... LastLast
Results 23,431 to 23,440 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Laramie Hartmann View Post
    Bitcoin is still in its nascent stage, and I would expect high volatility during early adoption. However, it's volatility is trending down.

Despite the government's role/fed's dual mandate, we're still experiencing price stability issues with the US dollar. The dollar's value has plummeted over the last 100 years, demonstrating it's failure as a store of value, and we've got at least a few years of brutal inflation ahead of us--if the government decides to curtail expansionary monetary policy.
    Ok. I'll look for analyses comparing the volatility of the dollar to bitcoin (seriously). Here is one of the first hits, which I haven't read yet. Anything in your back pocket for this?

Bitcoin, USD or Gold: Volatility Analysis | by tomrobertson | Analytics Vidhya | Medium

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I'm sure they make the movies. It's all the same people. Are we really supposed to believe that the most powerful method of social influence ever known to man has innocently been in the hands of "dreamers" and genuine artists? Western man's naivete is embarrassing. Of course Joseph McCarthy was right. He was one of the last few men to defend the Republic from communist infiltration. Of course he will be mocked relentlessly by the people who beat him.
    Hollywood Was Always Red: A Rant - YouTube
    What You've Never Heard about McCarthyism & Hollywood. | THE CLIFTON DUNCAN PODCAST 28: RazorFist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay77 View Post
    Hi Mark, business owner in Alabama here. My observation on our current economy is...this shit does not compute. We have managed to guessed right and it paid off. Auto suppliers in our area are hiring jackasses for $18/hour. Now, they are supplying Auto Mfgs who somehow have found a way to exist without actually bringing new cars to market. We are running out of Mountain Dew.....in Alabama!!
    These are 2 examples of an upside down economy....so, the question. What is scary, the powers that be are driving the markets down to obtain more control OR those same powers have NO FUCKING IDEA how to continue to manipulate an economy that "they" helped put here?
    I suggest that the latter is most concerning and seems likely.
    I think it is the latter too. No idea what the situation is like in America, but in Europe I have not seen a new car roll down the street in at least a year. I understand cars are being sold, but not delivered. I don't see how manufacturers can deliver product and stay solvent with the rising producer prices, there is just no way. And yet, the automakers are posting record profits. It doesn't add up. The same is true for a bunch of industries. This was all before the "Putin price hike". The fact that the powers that be have no idea is much more concerning, I agree, because if they continue to paint themselves into a corner, their only option will be to start WW3 for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This woman kills, on so many levels. Kari Lake mic drop… This is masterclass… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

Such quick thinking in response to "journalism."
    I don't know anything about her, but when I saw this exchange, I hoped someone like this would run to challenge Whitmer. Unfortunately, the top 5 GOP contenders were disqualified for "voter fraud" or some such shit. One of them has J6 charges pending for speaking his mind.

I can't say if any of the disqualified contenders were worth a shit or not, just saying what happened.

The Republican nominee is some person I've never heard of before who has a hard line approach to the abortion discussion, including "risk of death" of the mother. It takes the issue to a level of ridiculous I've never seen before, and I believe it's intentional to further demoralize anyone even remotely conservative or with a non-woke opinion on the subject.

No way Whitmer doesn't win by a landslide in Michigan, I'll bet your favorite bottle on it.

I don't know much about Kari Lake yet, but so far I like her calm, intelligent demeanor especially in the case of dealing with morons like the "journalist" in the video.

The "republican" politicians in Michigan have sold out the election already, whether through blackmail or some Soros dollars, it's been done again...

Fauci's Red Guards: The Mass Censoring of Social Media ⋆ Brownstone Institute

One aspect of dictatorships that citizens of democratic nations often find puzzling is how the population can be convinced to support such dystopian policies. How do they get people to run those concentration camps? How do they find people to take food from starving villagers? How can they get so many people to support policies that, to any outsider, are so needlessly destructive, cruel, and dumb?

The answer lies in forced preference falsification. When those who speak up in principled opposition to a dictator’s policies are punished and forced into silence, those with similar opinions are forced into silence as well, or even forced to pretend they support policies in which they do not actually believe. Emboldened by this facade of unanimity, supporters of the regime’s policies, or even those who did not previously have strong opinions, become convinced that the regime’s policies are just and good—regardless of what those policies actually are—and that those critical of them are even more deserving of punishment.
    I don't remember Donald Trump doing any of this. I remember $1.89 gas and actual full employment. But here's the money-shot:

By simultaneously threatening both the federal bureaucracy and social media companies, a handful of high-level officials could effectively transform the federal government into a sprawling censorship army reminiscent of Mao’s Red Guards, silencing any opposition to tin-pot public health policies with increasing detachment and certitude as this systematic silencing falsely convinced them that the regime’s policies were just and good. A few of these federal employees must have eventually let slip to the Republicans that this jawboning was taking place, which appears to have been how this suit began.

In plaintiff Aaron Kheriaty’s words:

Hyperbole and exaggeration have been common features on both sides of covid policy disputes. But I can say with all soberness and circumspection (and you, kind readers, will correct me if I am wrong here): this evidence suggests we are uncovering the most serious, coordinated, and large-scale violation of First Amendment free speech rights by the federal government’s executive branch in US history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
    It's not just Fauci:

This is the single most important article on my Substack (which has over 700 articles) because it shows both that:

the vaccines are clearly much dangerous to people than the authorities admit and

that both the authorities and scientists doing the research collaborated to cover up the harms so the public would never find out.

What makes this incident special is that it isn’t about science at all: this is a story of pure corruption both of an official government agency that is supposed to protect the public and the the scientists who did the work and then didn’t say a word publicly after their results were deliberately distorted by the Israeli Ministry of Health (MoH).

This story is the “smoking gun” we’ve been waiting for because the official government agency was caught deliberately lying to the public and there is no way to put a positive spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    I'm sure they make the movies. It's all the same people. Are we really supposed to believe that the most powerful method of social influence ever known to man has innocently been in the hands of "dreamers" and genuine artists? Western man's naivete is embarrassing. Of course Joseph McCarthy was right. He was one of the last few men to defend the Republic from communist infiltration. Of course he will be mocked relentlessly by the people who beat him.
    I agree, McCarthy is an unsung hero. You can’t get rid of these communist assholes once they infiltrate the media and culture industry. They are unbelievably persistent.

starting strength coach development program
    Here is an excellent piece from Ed Morrissey at Hot Air: Biden's soulless screed a smokescreen for what really ails the nation – HotAir

However, I have some questions:

Where was Joe Biden’s concern for the “soul of America” at that point? Did it start with January 6?

"They look at the mob that stormed the United States Capitol on January 6th — brutally attacking law enforcement — not as insurrectionists who placed a dagger to the throat of our democracy, but they look at them as patriots."

Without a doubt, the riot was awful and embarrassing.
    Can someone post a video of law enforcement being brutally attacked by an armed insurrection on January 6? Can someone post a video of the "awful and embarrassing" "mob" that "stormed" the Capital on Jan.6? The only person even injured that day was Ashli Babbitt, who was shot in the neck at close range by a Major in the Capital Police, as far as I know. Am I wrong? Why is it necessary to throw this bone to the left/Democrats?

This problem of authoritarianism runs deeply and diversely through our modern history. Donald Trump and Joe Biden are the products of this trend, not its initiators.
    What authoritarian thing did Donald Trump do during his administration? Fail to start a war? Revoke regulations? Make the Democrat-controlled federal bureaucracy worried about their job security? Tweet badly? What am I missing?

Yeah, well, Independence Hall was lit in red and blue as the backdrop. There’s nothing wrong with either color, and the obvious intent there was to promote America as a brand and unity as an ideal.
    That is a damned charitable assessment, Ed. It was either quite stupid or intentionally referential to historical authority. But its purpose was not to promote unity, any more than the speech was. We've all seen V For Vendetta -- I've given several copies to friends over the years since 2005 -- and there were people who thought the background was photoshopped in from the movie. These people, stupid though they may be, are not that stupid. They knew very well what they were doing.

Things like this make us question the sincerity of the opposition media.