starting strength gym
Page 2346 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 13461846224622962336234423452346234723482356239624462846 ... LastLast
Results 23,451 to 23,460 of 30231

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Can someone post a video of law enforcement being brutally attacked by an armed insurrection on January 6? Can someone post a video of the "awful and embarrassing" "mob" that "stormed" the Capital on Jan.6? The only person even injured that day was Ashli Babbitt, who was shot in the neck at close range by a Major in the Capital Police, as far as I know. Am I wrong? Why is it necessary to throw this bone to the left/Democrats?
    I'm certain this is an extremely easy task to perform. But before I make any attempt at posting such a video, are you attempting to argue that there wasn't a violent mob present at and or stormed the Capitol on January 6th, or are you simply in disagreement with the term "insurrection"? Are you in disagreement that there were a large number of officers that were injured due to the events that occurred on that day? It would be insane to deny that a violent mob did in fact storm the Capitol (for the purpose of overturning the results of the election), so there must be something in particular you are in disagreement with. But with that said, lets start out with a video involving former police officer Thomas Webster.

Former NYPD officer sentenced in January 6 riot - YouTube

Was he not part of a violent mob? Was he not armed with a metal pole? Do you disagree with the court/jury that he attacked a police officer? Was the attack not brutal enough for you to qualify? Do you not find his actions awful and embarrassing? I am interested in regards to your thoughts on this video. Certainly there are many more videos that can be referenced, but there isn't a point until you indicate what you are in disagreement with regarding the portrayal of events on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemen View Post
    I'm certain this is an extremely easy task to perform. But before I make any attempt at posting such a video, are you attempting to argue that there wasn't a violent mob present at and or stormed the Capitol on January 6th, or are you simply in disagreement with the term "insurrection"? Are you in disagreement that there were a large number of officers that were injured due to the events that occurred on that day? It would be insane to deny that a violent mob did in fact storm the Capitol (for the purpose of overturning the results of the election), so there must be something in particular you are in disagreement with. But with that said, lets start out with a video involving former police officer Thomas Webster.

Was he not part of a violent mob? Was he not armed with a metal pole? Do you disagree with the court/jury that he attacked a police officer? Was the attack not brutal enough for you to qualify? Do you not find his actions awful and embarrassing? I am interested in regards to your thoughts on this video. Certainly there are many more videos that can be referenced, but there isn't a point until you indicate what you are in disagreement with regarding the portrayal of events on that day.
    I smell a familiar stench.

I'm certain this is an extremely easy task to perform.
    And yet you have not performed it.

But before I make any attempt at posting such a video, are you attempting to argue that there wasn't a violent mob present at and or stormed the Capitol on January 6th, or are you simply in disagreement with the term "insurrection"?
    I saw video of large numbers of assholes invited into the Capital building by the Capital Police, walking around like fools. If that is "storming," then that is what happened.

Are you in disagreement that there were a large number of officers that were injured due to the events that occurred on that day?
    The number?

It would be insane to deny that a violent mob did in fact storm the Capitol (for the purpose of overturning the results of the election), so there must be something in particular you are in disagreement with.
    Your continued use of the approved terminology -- "storming" -- does not mean that it happened, Dr. Goebbels. Until January of 2021, you didn't even know how the word "storming" was used in a sentence, and you still don't know what it means. For reference, see the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. And how exactly does a "violent mob" overturn an election? Did the "violent mob" beating on the doors of the Supreme Court have the potential to overturn the appointment of Justice Kavanaugh? Are you not embarrassed and ashamed of that attempt to Overthrow Democracy?

But with that said, lets start out with a video involving former police officer Thomas Webster.

Was he not part of a violent mob? Was he not armed with a metal pole?
    Is one truly "armed" when "attacking" hundreds of police officers (actually armed with handguns, rifles, and tasers) with a broken flagpole over a metal barrier?

Do you disagree with the court/jury that he attacked a police officer? Was the attack not brutal enough for you to qualify? Do you not find his actions awful and embarrassing?
    Okay, he attacked a police officer at a level that has been completely ignored all over the country during BLM riots for 2 years. It was not a brutal attack, as you would know had you ever been attacked with effect, which Webster did not do to anybody. And I find no one's actions as awful and embarrassing as those of Capitol Police Lieutenant Michael Byrd, who was apparently sufficiently afraid of an unarmed 35-year-old woman that he felt it necessary to shoot her in the throat from a distance of 10 feet.

I would not have entered the Capital building that day, and I would not have killed an unarmed woman who didn't need killing.

But your adherence to the narrative is admirable. Do you work for Newsweek or the NYT? This is Democrat Party political bullshit you have typed here, and you know it as well as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Yeah. Same address as "George Young" who was suspended a year ago. But it gives me a chance to make my point.

Biden’s handlers have attempted to co-opt or usurp the epithet “MAGA” and transform it into something ominous.
    All they did with inventing "ultra-MAGA" is make it sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And yet you have not performed it.

I saw video of large numbers of assholes invited into the Capital building by the Capital Police, walking around like fools. If that is "storming," then that is what happened.

The number?

Your continued use of the approved terminology -- "storming" -- does not mean that it happened, Dr. Goebbels. Until January of 2021, you didn't even know how the word "storming" was used in a sentence, and you still don't know what it means. For reference, see the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. And how exactly does a "violent mob" overturn an election? Did the "violent mob" beating on the doors of the Supreme Court have the potential to overturn the appointment of Justice Kavanaugh? Are you not embarrassed and ashamed of that attempt to Overthrow Democracy?

Is one truly "armed" when "attacking" hundreds of police officers (actually armed with handguns, rifles, and tasers) with a broken flagpole over a metal barrier?

Okay, he attacked a police officer at a level that has been completely ignored all over the country during BLM riots for 2 years. It was not a brutal attack, as you would know had you ever been attacked with effect, which Webster did not do to anybody. And I find no one's actions as awful and embarrassing as those of Capitol Police Lieutenant Michael Byrd, who was apparently sufficiently afraid of an unarmed 35-year-old woman that he felt it necessary to shoot her in the throat from a distance of 10 feet.

I would not have entered the Capital building that day, and I would not have killed an unarmed woman who didn't need killing.

But your adherence to the narrative is admirable. Do you work for Newsweek or the NYT? This is Democrat Party political bullshit you have typed here, and you know it as well as I do.

Yeah. Same address as "George Young" who was suspended a year ago. But it gives me a chance to make my point.
    I'm not certain what point it is that you are proving. All you are doing is conflating a lot of issues without any coherent thoughts. But as far as this conversation goes, I have never condoned any acts of violence from BLM. If they are participating in violent acts I will call that out equally. That excuse provides you no cover. But I do think you need to grab a dictionary and review the definition of "storm".

Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary
    4: to rush about or move impetuously, violently, or angrily

Storm Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
    This is what happened. The act of storming is not uniquely defined as a military action. Also, yes, I am embarrassed/ashamed of any violence taken against the Supreme Court. I have never condoned such actions. People have the right to assemble/protest as granted by the constitution. This does not mean that violence is acceptable. You however seem to be accepting of the violence at the Capitol, yet denounce violent protests by others you disagree with. I have accepted neither groups actions.

The Capitol police invited these individuals? Did you somehow miss the part where they were smashing out windows of the Capitol? Since you keep referencing her, please watch the Ashli Babbitt video again and tell us how she gained access to the room. Was the window that she crawled through open, or did the mob of invited guests smash it out? Here is the video of Ashli Babbit again:

Ashli Babbitt Death: Feds Open Excessive Force Investigation Over Fatal Shooting (WARNING: GRAPHIC) - YouTube

Also, did you catch the numerous members of congress standing behind the barricaded door in the first few seconds? What do you expect would happen if you climb through a broken out window to a room that was barricaded to prevent a mob of violent people (they smashed out the windows so yes they were violent) from gaining access to members of congress. Why do you think they felt the need to barricade the door to begin with. If BLM was climbing through that window I would also say they should have been shot. Her death, although tragic, is due to her own stupidity.

In regards to how this plan (January 6th) would work, I don't know. You might need to ask Trump. It seemed like he thought he could get the crowd to intimidate his Vice President to not certify an election as he installed fake electors in several states. It certainly was crazy, and stupid. I'm not certain how the plan was to work outside of hoping a violent crowd would be able to intimidate the certification process of the election and overturn it. Its a bit hypocritical that you are embarrassed/ashamed by those trying to intimidate Supreme Court justices yet you have no problem with the January 6th crowd.

About 114 Capitol Police Officers reported injuries from the events of that day. However, you are more than welcome to revise the list with specifics regarding the injuries of each individual officer to determine if you feel their injuries were significant enough to merit your consideration.

GAO says 114 Capitol Police officers reported injuries on Jan. 6 | The Hill

Also, yes, attacking someone with a metal pole does constitute being armed regardless if the person you are attacking has a gun. If you would like to disagree with that point please allow me to come down to Texas and club you with a metal pole a few times. Certainly you are armed, right? Would you refrain from shooting me simply because we were not armed equally? Does the presence of your gun make my pole less deadly if it strikes you?

I honestly don't expect any of this to have gotten through to you. You are too far gone and far too insulated within your group to have any rational discussion. If you cannot even agree that there was a violent mob present on January 6th and this was not a group of invited guests walking gleefully through the halls of the Capitol then there isn't really much left to say.

But with that said, lets start out with a video involving former police officer Thomas Webster.

Waiting for GOP Congressmen to take a knee for or praise Thomas Webster.
    We all know they won't, so tell me again why it's worth protesting this government that even your own "resistance party" leaders (even Tucker Carlson!) are perfectly fine with?
    That's why I say, everyone has a choice to make: either retreat back into your small, protected community on enemy territory, avoiding as much Madness as possible for the small price of your Federal Income Tax Protection Fee (to keep the Thugs at bay), or jump ship before it's too late.

And as:

Francesco unintentionally made clear,

Jenni reinforced with her great comment,

and yngvi (or anticausal, or YNV? Sorry, I don't recall) foreshadowed with his comment about entrepreneurship being the path out of playing the DIE game in the corporate world:

*Get your official W2 income as LOW as possible!* When you're paying and accepting cash for most transactions, and paying your OWN income (and self-reported quarterly taxes), you take away a hell of a lot of control from TPTB.

You don't need Bitcoin to weaken the governments' strangleholds, Francesco. We've already got cash.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    He is unable to contain himself. It really makes you wonder how many lurkers to this thread there are, just sitting there and brewing.

I'm not certain what point it is that you are proving. All you are doing is conflating a lot of issues without any coherent thoughts. But as far as this conversation goes, I have never condoned any acts of violence from BLM. If they are participating in violent acts I will call that out equally. That excuse provides you no cover. But I do think you need to grab a dictionary and review the definition of "storm".

This is what happened. The act of storming is not uniquely defined as a military action. Also, yes, I am embarrassed/ashamed of any violence taken against the Supreme Court. I have never condoned such actions. People have the right to assemble/protest as granted by the constitution. This does not mean that violence is acceptable. You however seem to be accepting of the violence at the Capitol, yet denounce violent protests by others you disagree with. I have accepted neither groups actions.

The Capitol police invited these individuals? Did you somehow miss the part where they were smashing out windows of the Capitol? Since you keep referencing her, please watch the Ashli Babbitt video again and tell us how she gained access to the room. Was the window that she crawled through open, or did the mob of invited guests smash it out? Here is the video of Ashli Babbit again:

Ashli Babbitt Death: Feds Open Excessive Force Investigation Over Fatal Shooting (WARNING: GRAPHIC) - YouTube

Also, did you catch the numerous members of congress standing behind the barricaded door in the first few seconds? What do you expect would happen if you climb through a broken out window to a room that was barricaded to prevent a mob of violent people (they smashed out the windows so yes they were violent) from gaining access to members of congress. Why do you think they felt the need to barricade the door to begin with. If BLM was climbing through that window I would also say they should have been shot. Her death, although tragic, is due to her own stupidity.

In regards to how this plan (January 6th) would work, I don't know. You might need to ask Trump. It seemed like he thought he could get the crowd to intimidate his Vice President to not certify an election as he installed fake electors in several states. It certainly was crazy, and stupid. I'm not certain how the plan was to work outside of hoping a violent crowd would be able to intimidate the certification process of the election and overturn it. Its a bit hypocritical that you are embarrassed/ashamed by those trying to intimidate Supreme Court justices yet you have no problem with the January 6th crowd.

About 114 Capitol Police Officers reported injuries from the events of that day. However, you are more than welcome to revise the list with specifics regarding the injuries of each individual officer to determine if you feel their injuries were significant enough to merit your consideration.

GAO says 114 Capitol Police officers reported injuries on Jan. 6 | The Hill

Also, yes, attacking someone with a metal pole does constitute being armed regardless if the person you are attacking has a gun. If you would like to disagree with that point please allow me to come down to Texas and club you with a metal pole a few times. Certainly you are armed, right? Would you refrain from shooting me simply because we were not armed equally? Does the presence of your gun make my pole less deadly if it strikes you?

I honestly don't expect any of this to have gotten through to you. You are too far gone and far too insulated within your group to have any rational discussion. If you cannot even agree that there was a violent mob present on January 6th and this was not a group of invited guests walking gleefully through the halls of the Capitol then there isn't really much left to say.
    One question, where does it say on your piece of paper that the government has the right to lock people in their homes and forcefully close down businesses or blackmail people into medical treatments? Do you condone that?
    My thinking is, if the government can break the constitution, so can you. In fact, so you should.
    So, should we start listing the uncostitutional acts of the Violent Crowd in Washington? I'm sure it beats breaking windows or swinging a metal pole at someone.

At least someone would have tried to stop what was coming next. All protests are attempts at intimidation, you fool. It's to show whoever you're protesting against that "yes, there are this many people who are pissed off at you, and if you keep this shit up they could get violent". I'm not even mad at the elites for what they do, comparatively. I'm mad at the other crabs in the barrel like you who want to drag down anyone who dares try to escape. You are an embarrassment to the human race, and hell is too good a place for you.

starting strength coach development program
    How many times has the left infiltrated and occupied Capitol building over the years? Didn't they set off a bomb inside the chambers back in the late 70s/early 80s?