starting strength gym
Page 2348 of 3021 FirstFirst ... 13481848224822982338234623472348234923502358239824482848 ... LastLast
Results 23,471 to 23,480 of 30208

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I do find it interesting all the doctors and “microbiologists” left this thread as it became clear the truth of this virus, the “tests” and the “vaccine”.
    Very interesting, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    What I find unsettling is there are now so many people like Hemen, indoctrinated to the extent that no amount of evidence will change their opinion.
    I think, at least in this country, we are seeing a divide that consists of two largely incompatible ways of life. These two categories might best be described as the kind of people who think cheating your way through school is a victimless crime, and the people who realize that they are the victims of that crime.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I'm always unsure if it's actually that many people or it's just a very loud and attractive minority
    It's hard to tell, social media is blatantly being used to create manufactured consensus using bots and even computer-generated human faces. We can't know, the tech companies are incentivized to not divulge how rampant it is because they benefit more from claiming them as genuine user engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I do find it interesting all the doctors and “microbiologists” left this thread as it became clear the truth of this virus, the “tests” and the “vaccine”.

That discussion was so long ago now and memory holed.
    I was just thinking that yesterday, "what happened to all those smarty pants guys who were so damned sure the science was 'settled' hanging out in this thread?" There have been a few, and I don't see a single damn one of them anymore confronting the current set of facts we have. Maybe we should send out some emails to these guys to do a wellness check.

The Terrifying Vacuity of Klaus Schwab

This is a really good review of Klaus Schwab's Great Reset book, which Jovan convinced me wasn't worth reading last year. He was correct.

Schwab even includes a totally meaningless chart to illustrate his beloved hyperconnectivity thesis, via which everything automatically becomes about everything else:
    Schwab.jpg
    Clearly, very little actual thought went into this graph. You can tell by looking for things that aren’t connected but should be—for example, there’s no line connecting “weapons of mass destruction” to “human-made environmental disasters,” although probably no “human-made environmental disaster” has been more eagerly contemplated than nuclear winter. Schwab is mainly interested in providing his readers with an academic aesthetic and the feeling that they’re reading something sophisticated and learned, even though they aren’t.
    You have the feeling not only of a sad, small man, struggling to play the part of global governance guru, but of his equally pathetic audience of Hillary Clintons and Olaf Scholzes and Emmanuel Macrons, who hear this garbage and somehow manage to find it insightful and wish to be associated with it. What clouded intellectual lives all these people must lead.
    The NPR audience should love it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I was just thinking that yesterday, "what happened to all those smarty pants guys who were so damned sure the science was 'settled' hanging out in this thread?" There have been a few, and I don't see a single damn one of them anymore confronting the current set of facts we have.
    Cureus | Regular Use of Ivermectin as Prophylaxis for COVID-19 Led Up to a 92% Reduction in COVID-19 Mortality Rate in a Dose-Response Manner: Results of a Prospective Observational Study of a Strictly Controlled Population of 88,012 Subjects

Conclusion
    Non-use of ivermectin was associated with a 12.5-fold increase in mortality rate and a seven-fold increased risk of dying from COVID-19 compared to the regular use of ivermectin. This dose-response efficacy reinforces the prophylactic effects of ivermectin against COVID-19.
    When the CDC becomes comedy: CDC Warns Of New 'Stealth' COVID Variant Where You Test Negative And Get No Symptoms | Babylon Bee

More background to the Israeli Ministry of Sickness debacle. As a side note, the author of this article is a criminologist.
    Did Israeli Health Ministry lie about and manipulate expert report on adverse events? | America'''s Frontline News

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Richard View Post
    You nailed it on Seattle. Arguably the most beautiful “big” city in America yet we try so so so so hard to screw up the experience of living here. It’s unbelievable man.
    A fraction of my family lives in Seattle and I have had a fair bit of business there over many decades. My tolerance ended when witnessing humans defecating in broad daylight on sidewalks in “high end” neighborhoods.

I’m a moderately creative guy and with all my powers, I can’t rationalize society that creates that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    The Terrifying Vacuity of Klaus Schwab

This is a really good review of Klaus Schwab's Great Reset book, which Jovan convinced me wasn't worth reading last year. He was correct.

The NPR audience should love it.
    Love the review. Love the blog! Klaus is a typical useful idiot. I work with morons like him all the time. My mom calls them "clones".

Let's revisit the topic of THE SCIENCE, shall we?

Bad science: a case study in pollution of the scientific literature

Cell lines are cultures of cells that were originally obtained from the tissue of a single individual and kept alive, usually in tubes or petri dishes. Some have been kept in culture for many decades. They’re supposed to be a pure population of cells with minimal genetic variation1, which is useful for generating consistent and reproducible results.

The Hep-2 cell line was first described in 1954 as laryngeal cancer cells; aka cancer cells of the larynx, an organ involved in breathing and making sounds.

In 1966 however, Stan Gartler discovered that Hep-2 cells were actually derived from contamination by cervical cancer cells from a cell line called “HeLa,” so named because they had come from a woman named Henrietta Lacks.

“Cervical,” means of the cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus in the female reproductive system. That’s obviously a totally different kind of cell.

Gartler published his results in 1968 in Nature. His findings were independently corroborated in 1988.

However, it seems a lot of people didn’t get the memo.

A review from 2019 revealed that since 1954, 1036 out of 5461 publications using Hep-2 cells were still mistakenly referring to them as laryngeal. A more recent study found that as of June 2021, 3163 out of 8497 articles using Hep-2 cells were still describing them as laryngeal.
    Science Misunderstood - by Heather Heying

Diversity among scientists does matter, but not for the reasons that you think.

Diversity in science does not matter because it will change what answers will be generated to existing scientific questions. The scientific process, employed correctly, should allow any appropriately skilled person to get the same answer to a given question as anyone else. Regardless of the demographics of the scientists doing the work, the result should be the same.

Where diversity does matter is in which questions get asked. Different people, with different life histories and demographics and interests, will ask different questions. Science generally doesn’t answer the questions that don’t get asked. Often, the most important questions have been missed at first, for they were thought obvious, or ignorant, or uninteresting.
    Read them both, if this topic is of interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Love the review. Love the blog! Klaus is a typical useful idiot. I work with morons like him all the time. My mom calls them "clones".
    You have a cool mom!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Let's revisit the topic of THE SCIENCE, shall we.
    Two excellent articles. Heather Heying has also written some insightful articles about the corrupt process that the research grant industry has evolved into.

The Darkhorse podcast is high on my watchlist every week. She and Bret have some terrific discussions.