starting strength gym
Page 2362 of 3018 FirstFirst ... 13621862226223122352236023612362236323642372241224622862 ... LastLast
Results 23,611 to 23,620 of 30180

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    Note that the female cop says "He went for you, right?" immediately after they shot him, so she doesn't actually know if they had any reason to shoot him.
    She was asking for agreement, not information.

---

Here’s How Big Tech Plans To Rig The 2022 Midterms
    https://archive.ph/Ajaok

We don't have a functioning system if information is controlled. Sounds like only slaughter of pronoun people supporters can move us back to having a republic since voting is obsolete. I don't know what other option is available other than accepting it, closing our eyes, and hoping for the best, which is what everyone's plan is.
    Anything other than paper ballots with a verifiable chain of custody has been designed to facilitate voter fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Greece... Coming to a town near you soon.
    There were no bail ins in Greece, but there were some in Cyprus and I think maybe Iceland. It will take the US a very, very long time to reach the level of Greece. That country is running defaults as a way of doing business. They have been at it for centuries. I think they may be more indebted than China at this point, as a percentage of GDP. The EU is massaging stats to unbelievable heights to cover up what a disaster it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Who would be more likely to kill Mike? The FBI or the county cops in Colorado?
    Absolutely any agency not at the federal level. I've seen more than enough first and second hand accounts of the federal juggernaut cart crush people (completely outside of my careers). Firstly, they take exception to you and your business, in particular. Most likely because you're in competition, somehow, in any capacity with those in the club. Then, they either pass new or utilize extant law that begat some regulatory point, and they throw the entire weight of the process against you leveraging down on that one point. Your business will be dissolved, your wealth largely subsumed, your family destroyed and your reputation in tatters -- not that it will matter while you serve several years in a federal prison for your high crimes. That's the option where you cooperate.

I even know of one man who was called in front of the bureaucrats, lawyers, and agents. He was told flatly that he had the choice between the option I mentioned or to fight it, and by fighting it he would only extend his suffering because they would break him financially and psychologically before he arrived at the same fate. He committed suicide after prison.

The FBI doesn't shoot you because they're monsters separated by several orders of magnitude from merely corrupt or incompetent officers.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Absolutely any agency not at the federal level. I've seen more than enough first and second hand accounts of the federal juggernaut cart crush people (completely outside of my careers). Firstly, they take exception to you and your business, in particular. Most likely because you're in competition, somehow, in any capacity with those in the club. Then, they either pass new or utilize extant law that begat some regulatory point, and they throw the entire weight of the process against you leveraging down on that one point. Your business will be dissolved, your wealth largely subsumed, your family destroyed and your reputation in tatters -- not that it will matter while you serve several years in a federal prison for your high crimes. That's the option where you cooperate.

I even know of one man who was called in front of the bureaucrats, lawyers, and agents. He was told flatly that he had the choice between the option I mentioned or to fight it, and by fighting it he would only extend his suffering because they would break him financially and psychologically before he arrived at the same fate. He committed suicide after prison.

The FBI doesn't shoot you because they're monsters separated by several orders of magnitude from merely corrupt or incompetent officers.
    Exactly, the FBI is less likely to flat out murder him than the local cops because the FBI will just use every power they have to ruin his life and make him yearn for death. The Colorado boys will just go "eh, I don't wanna deal with this guy anymore, let's shoot him and swing by 7-11". Or whatever 7-11 equivalent Colorado has.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    Good, bring back stuffing money in your mattress instead of a bank.
    I guess we'd have to also go back to the original reason(s) people started putting their money in banks.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I'm guessing credit unions don't get to do that?

So am I hearing right, and Republicans in congress now are putting their weight behind some kind of abortion ban legislation? These fucking assholes actually want to lose in November. People are being hit with massive new costs of living and these idiots pooled their brilliant minds and decided this was their big ticket item. The Republican Party is absolutely controlled opposition.
    I'm not sure about credit unions. They usually have regulations that run parallel to member banks. That said, credit unions are probably safer than banks all other things being equal. More important is the financial stability and solvency of the bank. Does the bank/credit union make a lot of risky loans? What does their loan portfolio look like? How are they paying their expenses? Do they have a history of hosing depositors when times get tough? etc.

Back in the '30s, the (by far) safest place to have had money was in life insurance companies. They were almost completely unaffected by the banking crisis. Insurers were giving policyholders however much they needed to pay mortgages, rent, groceries, etc. Meanwhile, banks were telling people the money was gone. It's a similar situation today, except today the financial industry is a bit more dynamic. There are probably a few different safe places to store cash or buy safe assets. You could theoretically divide your cash into several different piles, buying different assets to hedge against multiple different risks.

As for the Republicans, they have always been losers wanting to be "democrat lite". If I remember correctly, it was a republican congress that passed the anti-trust laws, and I think most here probably know the republican-led effort on the Patriot Act. They're always itching to take control, but in a sneakier way than the Democrats. I know a lot of folks don't want to remember this, but this whole vax thing was started by Mr. Trump. Rumor is he's still very proud of Operation Warp Speed and all that taxpayer money he spent.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    May I ask a reference for this?

Thanks,

IPB
    It's in the Dodd-Frank law. I believe it's in Title II - Orderly Liquidation Authority. It's been a while since I studied it, but if I remember correctly the way it works is a troubled bank will treat demand deposit accounts (checking and savings) as "convertible bonds". So, they can convert debt into equity. Then, the normal rules of "orderly liquidation" occur, where equity shareholders (now, depositors) are repaid last with whatever is left over after all other liabilities are repaid.

People were outraged by bail-outs. So... this was the alternative. People are going to see this as unfair, too. But, this really takes us back to a time when people had to keep tabs on their money. If you see your bank doing risky things that puts all depositors in jeopardy, that's your cue to exit stage right.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    Greece... Coming to a town near you soon. Fuck the banks. They've gotten trillions of dollars of our hard earned money in bailouts/QE/market manipulation, etc which only increases every LEGAL American's tax liability, for life.

All this has simply made the banks (and Fed) more wealthy, powerful, and influential to further continue their tactics which appear to work very well for them.

Theoretically, the FDIC protections still exist, but since it has never been tested, no one really knows what will happen when depositor accounts (bank liabilities) are converted to bank equity. Does that still fall under the $250,000 protection limit? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is an excellent opportunity for mutually-owned *financial* institutions to build trust and thrive. Credit unions, mutually-owned life insurance companies, mutually-owned mutual funds. Those could potentially be great alternatives to shareholder-driven entities.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    let's shoot him and swing by 7-11". Or whatever 7-11 equivalent Colorado has.
    Loaf 'n Jug. Colorado's 7-Eleven. Come to think of it, the FBI hasn't actually executed anybody like these cops did. They just execute your existence, not your body.

starting strength coach development program
    News update from Massachusetts where I live, a blue state, home of Elizabeth Warren. I live in Boston.
    The move by FL Gov. Desantis to fly the illegal immigrants into exclusive and swank Marthas Vineyard has people going crazy.
    Vineyard officials have declared a "humanitarian crisis" and brought in the National Guard. FOR 50 ILLEGALS!!!

For these people up here its ok when its Arizona, Texas or Florida. Oh the hypocrisy.