starting strength gym
Page 2370 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 13701870227023202360236823692370237123722380242024702870 ... LastLast
Results 23,691 to 23,700 of 30184

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    ---------
    Important watching!
    Fired Pediatric Nurse Tawny Buettner Gives Emotional Testimony at San Diego Board Meeting

“I am the face of your ‘misinformation’ campaign”

Clip: Fired Pediatric Nurse Tawny Buettner Gives Emotional Testimony at San Diego Board Meeting

Full Meeting: 9-13-2022 San Diego County Board of Supervisors Meeting - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Except for you, Jovan. You have that eastern European Devil-may-care thing going for you.
    It is just a hunch. I simply distrust the guy. You should too. Take this as an outside perspective. Trump all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    Isn't it the case that some rights under the constitution apply to everyone, including (criminal) non-citizens?
    Furthermore, isn't their stay in the US legal if their whereabouts are known and court dates are set? (which I do not know is the case)

Regardless, whenever a small unusual case of immigrants is discussed, it's always from a leftist perspective.

The Dutch government is buying hotels now to house "asylum seekers", yet in the media far more attention is paid to the dozen people that had to sleep in tents for a single night during the summer.
    American law is never really "set". There are parts that are supposed to be practically unquestionable- such as the Bill of Rights. And yet.... all it takes is a few activist judges appointed by the right shit-starter and all of a sudden even the basics are in question. But for most of the laws, title codes are set but precedence can be introduced at trial that can swing something 180 degrees from where it was. At one time, only legal citizens shared in the rights of a US citizen. This was the point of citizenship. Other people might have some rights to trial when dealing with an American company. This has all been slowly, quietly expanded. At one time the rights mentioned in the Constitution only applied to white males who owned property. I'm not sure that was a bad plan. Criminal law is almost always state law. Which is why the federal death penalty has come and gone over the decades. If the feds come after you, it boils down to money. Usually lots of it.

No, knowing locations and issuing court dates does not make their stay legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It is just a hunch. I simply distrust the guy. You should too. Take this as an outside perspective. Trump all the way.
    I'm listening Jovan, but Desantis has been pretty consistent and firm on his policies. Maybe he's another Trojan horse like Trump; a figurehead to vilify conservatives? I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How is it, exactly, that illegal aliens have rights under the Constitution of the United States? Where and when was this decided?
    Without having any practical knowledge of the Constitution of the United States, it does seem clear that some rights are given to "any person" person, not just citizens. Otherwise, theoretically, anyone could do anything to non-citizens. That said, the suit filed was absurd when it tried to equate being on a plane with deprivation of liberty because people could not get off.

14th Amendment
    Section 1
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Some of the other amendments are more open to interpretation. Who are "the people"; compare with "We the People of the United States....". If I am legally in the United States as a tourist am I protected from unreasonable search or not?

Fourth Amendment
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Interestingly, the Constitution provides a number of protections to ensure that citizens cannot be denied their right to vote, but does not appear to state that only citizens can vote. I presume this is covered by Federal or State laws?

The evidence - Steve Kirsch's newsletter

A short collection of key pieces of evidence showing the COVID vaccines are not "safe and effective." Not even close. They are the most deadly vaccines we've ever produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    At one time the rights mentioned in the Constitution only applied to white males who owned property. I'm not sure that was a bad plan.
    What do you mean by this?

The idea of someone being "our guy" is such a stupid idea that only people on the right have it. It inevitably devolves to a purity spiral where anything anyone can do falls outside some mythical ideal of "the perfect politician who is 100% in agreement with what I want" The only person who satisfies that criteria is found in the mirror.

Viewing Desantis as a binary "good or bad" is a hopelessly low fidelity way of viewing a politician. He moves the overton window >0 in the right direction. Individual policies and statements are what they are, single data points.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I'm listening Jovan, but Desantis has been pretty consistent and firm on his policies. Maybe he's another Trojan horse like Trump; a figurehead to vilify conservatives? I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.
    You are the biggest doomer I know, there is no helping you

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    It's not that Trump has all of a sudden regained our trust; he probably won't do anything real, but at least we can count on him to talk.
    We have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of "Republican" ivy league politician-lawyers with non-combat military service, like Desantis, who play a hero to get elected, then become Dan Crenshaw when it matters.