starting strength gym
Page 2374 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 13741874227423242364237223732374237523762384242424742874 ... LastLast
Results 23,731 to 23,740 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

This is pretty dogshit but end of the day, no one is talking about attacking Russia. By this point, Putin had already crossed an internationally recognized border. This is an ally, talking to another ally about land that belongs to that ally. The only uninvited party here is Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Related and essential Tucker.

Thank you for the recognition, and you're correct, I'm probably beyond help trying to figure out this absolutely bat shit crazy world we are living in right now!

I'm the kind of guy who has always tried to learn and understand things; fix broke stuff, figure out how things work, build things from cars to houses by reading a book and working hard at it.

I just cannot understand/comprehend how we have gotten to this Twilight Zone version of humanity, and can't stop trying to figure it out, to no avail.

Coach provides the only platform where I can speak my mind and occasionally go on a rant, while listening to and learning from other like-minded and even not so like-minded people.

Sorry couldn't help but post this. Just for added confusion.

The truth is crazier than you think - YouTube

'You are all military men now': Borders clogged as fighting-age Russians flee draft | Stuff.co.nz

Fake news? Or you guys are seriously okay with the idea of your son being forced from their home, given 2 weeks training and then forced to commit suicide to spot a Ukranian machine gun position? This is a war crime that is THIS close to becoming a genocide. That's just how Eastern Europe does things?

You can say what you want about American politics. You can say the war is justified.. But if you are saying killing your own people is a legitimate tactic. I'm reiterating. The only good answer is Putin dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Chill out, this is how territory disputes get handled in Eastern Europe. Russia and Ukraine were bound to go at it the minute the USSR was dissolved. This is literally the only way out.
    Yes. Europeans will go at it with each other until the end of time, as they always have. Let them get on with it. People really don't need to force themselves into believing they have a dog in this fight. As foreign nations, we need to stay out of it as we should have done in the 1930's.

What's everyone's opinion of Giorgia Meloni?

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    If Ukrainians had an actual Ukrainian president, and not a post color-revolution TV actor puppet, there would be no "resolute defenders". Peace would have already been negotiated. No, scratch that, there would never even have been a war in the first place.

We're basically throwing money at these poor people to keep them dying for us, and it's absolutely disgusting.

This isn't a Russian elite problem, it's a Western elite problem. In fact, if what you suggest happened to the Western ruling elite, it would be far more likely to reduce the body bag count for both Ukrainians and Russians, not to mention Americans and Europeans.

It feels tedious to ask the question, because you and everyone else should know better, but if a Russian led coalition organized a revolution in a US border state, provoked a proxy war, funded it with billions of dollars, called for the fracturing of the US, death to its leaders, and a US president took severe actions to defend against it, might you see things a little differently?

Probably a good time to repost this video:

Sen McCain & Graham commit felonies inciting war in Ukraine. - YouTube
    This is where I’m at and have been for a long time. Very well put, anticausal.

Posted somewhere about the fake-tits shop teacher. I want to believe this is true.

"This dude is gaming the system. An anon here yesterday was in this dude's class. This teacher was almost fired for 'toxic masculinity' last year, as well as not embracing woke culture. He'd drop redpills to his class, such as how silly gender neutral bathrooms are. The school board hates him.

He's now upping the ante to exploit the very world the school and society itself created. His long game is most likely to get fired, and then sue for discrimination. There is no other explanation... No better way to troll clown world than to become an over-the-top caricature of a woman."

“This an objectively terrible situation. Anyone supporting Putin out of some bullshit left v right or desire to be contrarian is an absolute cunt of a human being”

Wrong. This war is no different than any of the other wars the USA has fought in the last 125 years. Its not about freedom or democracy or any of the other “patriotic bs. It is not about the people of Ukraine. They are pawns.

Read “War is a Racket” by USMC Major General and two time MOH recipient Smedley D. Butler for a warriors perspective.

The only winners are the defense contractors and the politicians on both sides that profit from sending brave men (in my day) and now women into combat.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Ukraine has been an Internationally recognized (Russia included) sovereign Nation for over 30 years. Russia hasn't gone in under the pretext is reclaiming its old territory, rather some bullshit about Nazis. Our friends are our business. Putting troops in a friendly country, while not very neighbourly, is the business of us and that country. If Ukraine does fall then what? Past Ukraine is a very pissed off NATO. They won't find less troops sitting outside their border.

The other posts replying to mine are all very quick to point out the bad shit the US did but, barring stuff done 30 years ago, all they've done is fortify an allied position. Meanwhile, Russia has already invaded parts of Ukraine prior to this. They want the coast & the minerals. They aren't under the disillusion that the Western defence is a guise to stage an offensive into Russia.

They can harp on about the tensions created by having a well defended country at their border but end of the day the line is that border. Only 1 country has crossed it.
    I find it hard to get interested in this particular foreign war under the current domestic circumstances. Are you concerned about the Ethiopia/Eritrea/Sudan conflict? It's killed 10 times more people. Why should we be concerned with the Ukrainian border when our own government is not concerned with our border with Mexico, and when the family of the President of the US is in on the corruption within the Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    They have politicized the laws of physics. Is there anything they will not do? Why not make cancer illegal?