starting strength gym
Page 2378 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 13781878227823282368237623772378237923802388242824782878 ... LastLast
Results 23,771 to 23,780 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    Ahhh nice to see that channel pop up here. I didn’t even know she revealed any political leaning on her channel until she showed proof that YouTube had erased her from their own search engine. That was when I realized how compromised they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre-Henry F. View Post
    Please, guys, do you have good news?
    Thousands of Russian and Ukrainian soldiers are getting sacrificed so that globohomo stops killing millions of civilians with further lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    California continues the Fight Against Physics: 12ft |

You poor bastards. You don't even make your own electricity. You're going to get to the point where you can't undo this silly bullshit, and it will be sooner than you think.
    I just could not resist this. We have own dopey idiots here also. Perhaps they have been taking a lead from California.

Victoria a cold place in the winter also wants to phase out natural gas by 2030 and install more electric heating to reduce c02, the problem is they are shutting down more coal fired generators and placing their hopes in solar and wind.

Climate change: Gas phase-out proposed to help Victoria meet new climate targets

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I find this interesting. Russian air superiority must have been neutralized in some way. We can be reasonably sure that the initial missile strikes took out Ukranian airforce capabilities, so it is unusual that Russia has hardly been using air power. We know that they have it, since we have seen it in Syria. I understand that they may not want to use air strikes on civilian targets, but they have hardly been using them on Ukranian forces. I don't buy the argument that this is a strategic or tactical decision.
    I think it's really no more complicated than the intense desire to limit civilian casualties. So many videos from the spring and summer showed Ukrainians using civvie buildings to hide their equipment and carry out their attacks, and I've not yet seen reporting that these guerilla tactics on the part of the Banderistas have changed.

Ritter very recently went into went how many risks the Russian military has been taking, well beyond the bar the iNterNarionAl coMmuniTy has set, to avoid causualties:
    With Scott Ritter: New stakes of the war? On Russian mobilization and referendums in Ukraine - YouTube

And a week or so ago he explained how those "first ever" bombings of civvie infrastructure (electricity and maybe railroads?), after Kharkov and Kherson, were so precise and intentionally weak that the Ukrainians had the power up and running again within 24hrs: it bought just enough time for the Russian military to conclude their withdrawal as Ukrainian command and control was hampered.

And way back in the Spring and Summer, during all the MSM rheeeeeing about civilian deaths, Ritter pointed out that the military math (historical military-to civilian casualty ratios in similar conflicts) should have generated many more civilian casualties, were Russia actually engaged in A war of any kind, let alone the kind of brutal war our idiots claim it is carrying out.

So, the dragging out of this conflict really can be quite simply explained without complicated equipment analysis or assigning weakness to the Russian side: the West is arming the Ukrainian terrorists just like Al Quaeda (and Iran?) armed the Iraqi and Afghani insurgencies, prolonging the conflicts despite the terrorists being vastly out-gunned and under-skilled. And the rules of engagement were purposely so strict as to doom the American forces, much as the political and legal rules of this Special Military Operation are tying the hands of the Russian military.

Many on here have mitary experience and if I am mischsracterizing this (insane rules of engagement and an unrealistically low tolerance for civvie causualties) as a huge factor in why we lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, please correct me. But it is quite obvious that those two factors, on top of the West declaring war on Russia with all of this equipping of the Ukrainians, is what has dragged on this conflict, and will lead to even more civvie deaths and suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanClarke View Post
    This is gold. The heavily pushed media talking points at the start were "Russia will be defeated in days or weeks at most." Now Russia have had lots of victories and only a few defeats the official narrative is something like "but I thought you guys said Russia would win in days or weeks at most."
    There are bots in every comment section of every media outlet pushing these memes - 250 days into a three day war, Russians running out of …, Putin sick with… and so on. It is clearly a campaign being run out of a single center. It is completely pointless to argue with these points, you are either dealing with a bot or with a brainwashed person.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanClarke View Post
    This is gold. The heavily pushed media talking points at the start were "Russia will be defeated in days or weeks at most." Now Russia have had lots of victories and only a few defeats the official narrative is something like "but I thought you guys said Russia would win in days or weeks at most."
    Putin himself expected the capital to fall within days. It's hard to believe some of you guys are American. You sound like Russian bots.

I don't know anyone who expected Ukraine to defeat Russia. Especially in the beginning and definitely not within days. They've always been considered the underdogs and their tactics

Tactics that are essentially hit and run / making use of the fact Russia can't hold an entire country all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Putin is not evil, but Ukraine will stand as a big blunder of his...
    I don't think there was any other strategic option with a higher chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    Oh! These are willing soldiers being paid a good wage! And they've called up a third of a million soldiers but also, Russia doesn't need them because Ukraine isn't posing any challenge. That war that supposed to be over in days is going as planned with no effective resistance. And it's just some soft anti-war bitches whining about the war. Everyone else supports Putin and is totally cool with it! GED OFF OUR FORUM. Hope you at least used lube bro.
    You do realize the United States also deployed a third of a million national guard soldiers after it invaded Iraq?
    It's not an unusually large number for any kind of military operation.
    We would probably have to call up over a million to secure our border with Mexico.

I wonder if these idiots realize what they have done here.
    At number 4, Hult University has a total of 55% from all human races!
    The numbers are nice, round and obviously fictitious... or maybe they were trying to emphasize that mathematics is a racist construct.

__________________________________________________ __

This is a fun story:
    Heavily-armed black rights groups march through Austin demanding that Biden 'close the border' | Daily Mail Online

More grist for the mill...

We should stop all Covid vaccinations says UK Cardiac Surgeon who once promoted them << JoNova

"The bottom line is that during an deadly pandemic, we should have seen some benefit overall from mass vaccination yet we don’t:"

Here is an amazing piece that looks at the wind turbine industry from its raw materials standpoint:

Thread by @brandall9481 on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

A 3-MW wind turbine contains up to 4.7 tons of copper. Half is from the cable and wiring, 24% from the turbine/power generation components, 4% from transformers, and 19% from turbine transformers. Onshore wind farms use approximately 7,766 lbs. of copper per MW.
    Now, kiddies, where does copper come from, how is is produced and refined, and how much of it is there? Too many good points to quote, just read it all and share it.

starting strength coach development program
    Here is an amazing piece that looks at the wind turbine industry from its raw materials standpoint:

Thread by @brandall9481 on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Now, kiddies, where does copper come from, how is is produced and refined, and how much of it is there? Too many good points to quote, just read it all and share it.
    I remember 40 years ago exploring the old abandoned copper mines, railroads including the trains, and ghost towns when I lived way up north in "Copper Country" in the Keewenaw Peninsula.

Those previously rich copper mines were depleted many years ago.

This copper was mined by strong men using lots of dynamite, and picks and shovels and carts.