starting strength gym
Page 2383 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13831883228323332373238123822383238423852393243324832883 ... LastLast
Results 23,821 to 23,830 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Is anyone even trying to pretend it wasn't America that did this? Because our government definitely did this. Russia wouldn't wreck the thing, they'd just turn it off and make up some wishy washy excuse like they've done in the past. Shutting off the pipeline gives them leverage, killing the pipeline kills their leverage.
    It could be a Russian move. There is still a portion of the Russian business class hoping to reinstate their relationship with Germany, which is probably the biggest sticking point in Russian decisions. It could also be an American move, sure, but it is not cut and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Is anyone even trying to pretend it wasn't America that did this? Because our government definitely did this. Russia wouldn't wreck the thing, they'd just turn it off and make up some wishy washy excuse like they've done in the past. Shutting off the pipeline gives them leverage, killing the pipeline kills their leverage.
    As ridiculous as it is, the spooks from the intelligence agencies are trying very hard to push the narrative that Russia is behind the destruction of the pipelines that benefit Russia only if they remain operational.
    Competence has never been something the CIA/FBI took pride in.

We will probably get a movie this year about how the african-alien ghost of keeeev battled fiercely to defend the pipelines only to be deceived into defeat by the evil Rooskies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    It could be a Russian move. There is still a portion of the Russian business class hoping to reinstate their relationship with Germany, which is probably the biggest sticking point in Russian decisions. It could also be an American move, sure, but it is not cut and dry.
    How would cutting off their own ability to export gas benefit the Russian business class?

Quote Originally Posted by kelticslob View Post
    I’m ashamed to live in the same city as this coward.

Calgary doctor files human rights complaint over removal of airplane mask mandates | CBC News

Just wear 2 masks and fuck off
    There's a respiratory therapist who trains at the gym I go to. She's all up in arms, demanding a return to mask mandates...especially for children. Her social media accounts are a nightmare to read, and it's impossible to talk with her about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    As ridiculous as it is, the spooks from the intelligence agencies are trying very hard to push the narrative that Russia is behind the destruction of the pipelines that benefit Russia only if they remain operational.
    Competence has never been something the CIA/FBI took pride in.

We will probably get a movie this year about how the african-alien ghost of keeeev battled fiercely to defend the pipelines only to be deceived into defeat by the evil Rooskies.
    The most plausible argument that Russia did it that I can think of would be to frame the US. This would be a lay-up since you have the President on record threatening to stop the pipeline and everyone seems to agree that the US has the strongest motive to do so. So then the question is what would Russia’s motive be to frame the US? Drive a wedge between Allis? maybe something else? I’m not saying that’s what I think happened, just a thought that occurred to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    The most plausible argument that Russia did it that I can think of would be to frame the US. This would be a lay-up since you have the President on record threatening to stop the pipeline and everyone seems to agree that the US has the strongest motive to do so. So then the question is what would Russia’s motive be to frame the US? Drive a wedge between Allis? maybe something else? I’m not saying that’s what I think happened, just a thought that occurred to me.
    That's a pretty tortuous argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's a pretty tortuous argument.
    Hey, it worked from Tom Clancy in Red Storm Rising...for a while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    You're just being contrarian. Of course it could be a Russian move, and it could be a move by an alien race from another galaxy, but the odds that America is directly or indirectly responsible are much greater than any other theory. You make it almost sound 50/50, which it obviously isn't. If Putin had said the equivalent of what Biden said, no one would even be arguing about it.

starting strength coach development program
    Devils advocate:

There's still he Nordstream 1 pipeline, and I believe Russia is selling energy to Europe via china at a mark up, so if there's no pipeline they just have to sell to China instead and Europe pays more.

I don't believe it to be true because China benefiting at the same time doesn't help Russia. And secondly, under water pipelines being blown up undetected requires a reasonable amount of competence and capability in it and was most likely special forces. I'm not sure Russia has that capability or expertise but the US certainly does as the Seals aren't yet transgender.