starting strength gym
Page 2386 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13861886228623362376238423852386238723882396243624862886 ... LastLast
Results 23,851 to 23,860 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Reports said that both 1 and 2 were destroyed. You have other info?
    Sounds like me and him both had the same incomplete information.

I'm still vehemently opposed to what Putin is up to but ffs.. in what world was this not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is damned interesting.
    Read it all.
    Putin is in a political hot mess in Russia.
    Many highly placed Russians want his head on a pike (some are dying for thinking that way). It is in Vlad's best interest to take Russia's leverage (pipeline valve) away (much like burning the ship that got you there).
    His internal detractors would love to take him out, negotiate forever on some deal with Ukraine and make nice with Europe - "Oh Vlad was so bad and he'd be happy to make nice with Ukraine if he were available, and we of course will help Europe in its time of energy need with our handy pipeline".
    That option is now off the table. Vlad is now much more safe. Not even Vlad's internal detractors would rat him out for taking out the pipeline. Once exposed, they'd be dealt with and due to the new circumstances, all of Russia is (now) more committed to being alienated.

I find this macro and energy analyst Doomberg pretty informative.
    Doomberg: Pipeline Explosions and the Drumbeats of War - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Not buying it Jovan. The energy class and the powers in charge in the government should pretty much be one and the same.
    A very well-to-do client of mine said at the beginning of the year that these sanctions would help some intelligent and risk-averse Russian entrepreneurs (businessmen) make a lot of money, and witness:
    Yeah, I saw a report of a small business owner in rural Russia seeing the sanctions as awesome. He bought a machine for making screws from China and started production to make up for big name brands that pulled out. There will be a lot of opportunity like this. I wasn’t talking about these guys, all the people you mention are working people. I meant the likes of Herman Gref.

Maybe liberal is the wrong word, but I have seen many Russian authors use it. We can call these guys compradors.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    why leave nord1 untouched?
    It isn't; I am not sure how this notion got around (it's not the first time I see it), but it's the opposite of the facts.

https://twitter.com/AndrewHammel1/st...41042143338497

Also: I don't think the US did it. The US most likely aided and abetted the deed, but I think they were materially carried out by others (my bet is on Poland, followed at a distance by Sweden)

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyjones View Post
    The pipeline is attached to Russia, they already have the tools to send a mechanical device through the entire length of it.
    So you are suggesting blowing up a pipe full of gas from the inside?
    I know popular opinion is that Russians are dumb and prone to do silly things, but they are not this silly, or dumb.

IPB

Fascinating coincidence that Kary Mullis died when he did. It appears he not only would have thwarted the narrative of the PCR test that created the mess of the last 3 years. He would have been a voice of reason and common sense against the climate fraud narrative.
    Climatology is a "Joke" - Nobel Laureate Dr Kary Mullis - YouTube

https://twitter.com/wyattreed13/stat...62999539351554

„The only combination that has - for centuries - scared the hell out of the US is German tech/capital plus Russian resources/labor“

Here's an alternative theory, and it's not far fetched at all:

Nordstream | The LawDog Files

"In my experience when anything involving energy-industry hydrocarbons explodes … well, sabotage isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. And honestly, when it comes to a pipeline running natural gas under Russian (non)maintenance, an explosion means that it’s Tuesday. Or Friday. Or another day of the week ending in “y”."

starting strength coach development program
    Several new possibilities to consider. That's why this is the best thread on the internet.